• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Nintendo really needs to rethink the location of the power button.

I haven't found it an issue either :p Especially with the confirm shut off screen; I've never accidentally ended my game ^^

This is why I kinda wish the game saved automatically every hour. Sometime the dog or cat jumping up can turn off my system if I'm not careful. But otherwise I have no complaints with the button, better than the DS Lite with that frustrating btton. Hate to think how many hours of Pok?mon I lost because of that slider.

It would be good if there was a pop-up after pressing the Power button that says something like, "You really want to power off?" Because today, I did it, I unthinkingly hit the Power button and lost over an hour of gameplay. Eep. To rub salt in the wound, Resetti showed up. :rolleyes: But at least he won't be showing up again. ;)

The DS lites power button scared me. I was always afraid I would accidentally move it and turn the game off. I haven't had a problem with the 3DS but I can see why others would.

This actually used to happen to me plenty of times. Especially when tiredly/lazily playing while lying in bed, having the DS lying on its side with the power button against the sheets. The motion of pressing buttons would push the DS down and slide the power button. This happened soo many times to me, you would think I would have learned my lesson at one point..

I actually did this right before reading the thread. ;__; I only lost about 5 minutes though, thank goodness.

The DS lites power button scared me. I was always afraid I would accidentally move it and turn the game off. I haven't had a problem with the 3DS but I can see why others would.

LOL the DS lite was an issue. I had bought mine used, and the power button slider thing must have been loose or something. Happened to me pretty often, but I loved that old thing ~

I think it's in a great spot.

What it should do is not automatically close the application/game you're running right when you hit the power button and the confirmation prompt pops up.

I never had an issue with it on my regular 3ds or the 3ds xl...
But I could see how it could potentially be a problem, because on the regular 3ds, the button is raised, but on the XL it's not.
So, I think they did rethink it and made it less easy to accidentally press.
I wish they could make it a switch like on the gameboy advance...
I feel like that's the best power mechanic.

Just saying. I lost several hours of game play today from a slip of my hand.

Anyone else have d'oh! moments in the game?

I seriously hate where they put it as well. Wish they would have made it a switch (like the wifi switch) or something.

I never press the power button unless I'm taking the SD card out. Even then it's not often. I hardly ever really bother with that part of my system so I never have this problem. It's also not easy for me to press the power button casually to turn it off like some people already mentioned so ehh? Is the regular 3ds power button different from the xl maybe? The select, home, and save buttons are also pretty well separated from the power button so I don't see much of an issue on my end.

When I just got my XL, I would close it, and open it and press the power button >.<

I have a 3DS XL and I've had no problem. I have to push hard on the button and then confirm on-screen to power off.

Never had that problem, and I use both the regular 3DS and 3DS XL o_o

there's quite a gap between the start and power button, so I don't know how you people are doing it haha

Back