• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Update Coming 4/28!

I'll tell you something really cool. Did you know that if you have multiple users on your island you can actually get multiple breifcases from Rover when you replayed the May Day event. I actually did this a few months ago and I was shocked that it actually worked. Of course this was a one day event only so I wasn't able to replay it with the same user but I did with a different user.

yes. i got four when i tted. but as you said, you can’t tt back and do it infinitely.

Its only when you delete a user from your island and create a new user that you can technically replay it again. I tested that and it does work.

okay. i wasn’t looking for a workaround. 😅 just was saying i don’t mind the briefcase being a reward again.

i was hoping this would be the big update while e3 would talk about another larger update for fall/winter... alas.

it's been talked about before, but as a reminder japan is going through a lot of issues regarding covid and unlike the west there isn't a huge work from home culture there. as much as nintendo benefitted from releasing acnh at the start of the pandemic i'm 98% sure that the fact that it's a year in with not much positive change is hugely dampening their update development. i'm going to remain positive for a big e3 update with at least a few things people have been clamouring for; i'm sure they hear peoples' complaints and would like to respond accordingly but nintendo hasn't been one for transparency and i'm sure they won't have a change of heart now 🙄

Seriously such an boring update. I wasn't really expecting an update though. I was hoping for one but, not expecting one but still, this literally feels like a repeat of last year? that's all they could do? Really Nintendo?

Last edited:
Seriously such an boring update. I was really expecting an update though. I was hoping for one but, not expecting one but still, this literally feels like a repeat of last year? that's all they could do? Really Nintendo?
Yeah pretty much this how I am feeling right now. I mean its just so hard to be excited when we've been waiting so long for a new update only to have a smaller update with new items being added to past events that we've already played last year. It just isn't that good anymore. I get for new players they will have a good time, but for returning players like myself I don't see any reason to keep playing the game. Nintendo has really lost me with this game. I remember they promised "advanced improvements" last year in a interview with Doug Bowser the President of Nintendo, but sadly I am not seeing it. Nearly 4 months in and they really haven't done much to keep this game alive. Just new items and thats it. It just feels lazy and downright disrespectful to the people who really wanted to see more done with this game.

Missing and cut content aside, to be fair, previous AC games have kept the events the same every single year. The mere fact that they tweak it and add something different for this game warrants appreciation at the very least.

I am also disappointed but I won't go about and complain about every single thing that doesn't go my way. We are free to stop playing the game anytime and no one forces us to keep with the "disappointment/trash that is this game". We have the option to move on. Yet we keep on playing.

Missing and cut content aside, to be fair, previous AC games have kept the events the same every single year. The mere fact that they tweak it and add something different for this game warrants appreciation at the very least.

I am also disappointed but I won't go about and complain about every single thing that doesn't go my way.
While I understand that its traditional in AC games to have events repeated, thats not the issue I have here. What I have an issue with is how Nintendo still refuses to put out a trailer and gives us screenshots of what to expect and of course its just new items. Still no new features or anything else we haven't seen before.

Of course there is something to be happy about getting new items, but of course just like always its just another item that you will have fun for a few hours and get bored of it quickly. This does not surprise me one bit because I knew that these events like the May Day, Stamp Rally, and Wedding season was going to be returning and anyone who was hoping for a 2.0 update is going to be very disappointed. I don't know what else to say, but this game is really becoming more stale and boring in 2021. Truth be told I have taken a break from this game for the past few months and I want to get back into but it just doesn't give me a reason to play it again when it lacks new features and refreshing content to enjoy.

But to each their own I guess.

While I understand that its traditional in AC games to have events repeated, thats not the issue I have here. What I have an issue with is how Nintendo still refuses to put out a trailer and gives us screenshots of what to expect and of course its just new items. Still no new features or anything else we haven't seen before.

Of course there is something to be happy about getting new items, but of course just like always its just another item that you will have fun for a few hours and get bored of it quickly. This does not surprise me one bit because I knew that these events like the May Day, Stamp Rally, and Wedding season was going to be returning and anyone who was hoping for a 2.0 update is going to be very disappointed. I don't know what else to say, but this game is really becoming more stale and boring in 2021. Truth be told I have taken a break from this game for the past few months and I want to get back into but it just doesn't give me a reason to play it again when it lacks new features and refreshing content to enjoy.

But to each their own I guess.
I’m interested to hear what you think is the type of update that will make you play for hours on end like in the beginning of the game that you won’t get bored quickly. Even the most requested updates like Brewster and shop upgrades will probably be enjoyable for a couple of hours like you said. Sad to say, people like you and I who have been playing this game from the start are at the end of life with this game. While I still play daily it’s probably just 30 minutes at most and I’m fine with that.

Can I make a prediction that everyone will hate the news of the update and then the update will add something that they didn't show in the trailer that makes everyone love it? Because that is what happened with the Festival update.

I don't mind them adding new furniture. I wasn't really expecting Brewster or more buildings and I kinds gave up on that hope. I still like the game. I'm just not playing it as much right now because I'm playing other games. I more than got my money's worth at 1k hours, so I'm pretty happy with New Horizons.

I’m interested to hear what you think is the type of update that will make you play for hours on end like in the beginning of the game that you won’t get bored quickly. Even the most requested updates like Brewster and shop upgrades will probably be enjoyable for a couple of hours like you said. Sad to say, people like you and I who have been playing this game from the start are at the end of life with this game. While I still play daily it’s probably just 30 minutes at most and I’m fine with that.
When I think of a new update, I think of new features that adds changes to the game to make it better and new content that is surprising and not seen before. Last year for example when we got the Turkey Day/Toy Day update back in November 2020 when had more than just items. We had a new feature where we can get new emotes for our characters to Sit down, a new way to expand our storage when talking to Tom Nook, and of course the new DIYS for items that are coming for that certain event.

I guess because I've been so used to last year where I wanted to see new DIYS for items since this game is all about crafting. However, since the Festivale in 2021 there has barely been any new DIYS added. I mean there was one DIY added for the Rainbow Feather but none for the Festivale items to craft. Also when Bunny Day came back there was no new DIYS either just the same ones from last year, I know there was Bunny Day items at the Nook shop, but still.

Since then updates have follow this trend where they bring back old events, add new items and thats it. No new DIYS, No New Gameplay Features, and No improvements. Its really something I've noticed this past 4 months and I really am not liking this trend I'm seeing. This is a trend I'm seeing with this game and its really making me worried. If Nintendo is going to keep giving us smaller updates where its nothing but new items and the events are still the same from last year its going to really kill the playerbase. So many people have a right to be upset because they really wanted to see new features and new content being added to this game, but it fails to deliver. It just feels like it stuck in a time loop where everything is the same as last year and not much has even changed or improved.

It's going to be my first time for May Day and the Museum / stamp thing so I am excited for those events. The wedding event I actually enjoyed quite a bit last time aside from the fact that it gets repetitive after a day or two. Hopefully the furniture will be cute enough to be worth the effort.

The thing I'm most excited for based on what was shown is the wind sock, I already know I'm going to want a couple of those!

I was hoping for a video, since I don't use Twitter at all nor do I use Facebook, Tumblr, or any of the other popular social media sites. If it weren't for Nintendo Life I wouldn't have known about this update at all.

I have even stopped using this site for the most part, since to me all conversations about ACNH on this site have started to feel rather samey... Ah well. I guess I will just have to stay tuned to Nintendo Life for updates regarding updates coming to ACNH in the future.

Needs more cheese. -1/10

Nahh. But I do love the wedding bells, I hope we get something other than aprons for mom and pop day though (I miss carnations).

I'm team what is that house all about, although I know it's probably nothing, so I don't get high hopes.

Hopefully 2.0 drops in the summer.

The only thing I can say with this update is that I'm going to have a field day with that Koinobori/carp streamer. 🎏 Excited for the other Japanese items they'll be releasing!

I made a table similar to the one on the japanese PR:

Mini-event
Period
Item(s)
Children’s Day​
April 28th – May 5th​
Windsocks (new)
Newspaper hat (new)​
Mother’s Day​
May 1st – May 31st​
Thank-you Mom mug
Carnation (new)​
Cheese Rolling Day​
May 22nd – May 31st​
Cheese thing (new)​
International Children’s Day​
June 1st – June 30th​
Handmade cape
Handmade crown​
Wedding Season​
June 1st – June 30th​
Nuptial bell (new+variants)
Nuptial ring pillow (new+variants)
Nuptial doorplate (new+variants)
Flower shower basket (new)​
Father’s Day​
June 1st – June 30th​
Thank-you Dad mug
Thank-you Dad apron (new+variants)​
Tango/ko-bushi festival​
June 5th – June 14th​
Festival zongzi (new)
Surichwi tteok (new)​
Summer/Winter solstice​
June 15th – June 21st​
Sunflower rug
Sunflower crown or
Midwinter sweater
Aurora Wall​
Tanabata​
July 1st – July 7th​
Bamboo grass​
Marine Day​
July 8th – July 22nd​
Doorplate thing? (new)​
Bastille Day​
July 10th – July 20th​
Phrygian cap (new+variants)​
Cowboy Festival​
July 15th – August 15th​
Rodeo-style spring horse​

There are at least 16 items confirmed, I think.

Needs more cheese. -1/10

Nahh. But I do love the wedding bells, I hope we get something other than aprons for mom and pop day though (I miss carnations).
The carnation is back, but I don't think it will be as a "plantable" flower. It's the new thing for Mother's Day :)

To people hyping up the house that doesn't belong to a current villager, unfortunately it most likely isn't pointing to a new villager.
In a few previous trailers they also showed "villager houses" that didn't belong to any villagers. I guess it's a common thing for them.

Back