• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Another thing I found out - you can honk the horn in the RVs and scare the living day lights out of the current guest :D (lmao sorry Nat!)

Didn't they release in Japan already?

Yes, released in Japan already. Out of stock pretty much everywhere already as well, but I managed to pick up a few packs. Welcome amiibo villagers can be adopted by other mayors, btw.

Another thing I found out - you can honk the horn in the RVs and scare the living day lights out of the current guest :D (lmao sorry Nat!)

You've got Nat today? Does that mean we all have the same NPC every day, because I have Nat?

I want to buy all the cards you can use with the game, especially the NPC characters.

Just so I can scan them in loads of times to help other people who need items :)

The cards actually cost way less than I thought they were going to but sadly I need to spend like ?20 on a card reader rip

Are you able to adopt Amiibo villagers from other towns or do you have to use the Amiibo yourself?

Only series 1-5 cards can be adopted from other towns. Sanrio/Splatoon/Zelda/Monster Hunter/etc cannot be adopted without possessing their amiibo.

It rained for the first time since the update...

Aww, Harvey is wearing a raincoat and has a cover over the furniture he's selling! :D

Last edited:
If I move in someone with an Amiibo card and kick someone out, if the villager I kick out is good friends with me, will they still give me their portrait?

If I move in someone with an Amiibo card and kick someone out, if the villager I kick out is good friends with me, will they still give me their portrait?

I believe so. I haven't done it with anyone I'm good friends with, but I kicked Axel out and got the usual goodbye letter, so I would imagine you get a picture as well with villagers you're friends with.

Thanks! I wasn't sure.

A cool thing I noticed (not sure if it's been noticed before) is when I went to someone's dream town, they had Alfonso, one of my previous villagers. When I talked to him, he remembered me. He said something to the effect of, "Didn't expect to see you here! Looks like we've both decided to have a dream!" Or something. That was unexpected. I think the update included that, because it hasn't worked for me in the past.

Just got my town appraised and it's at the maximum bell amount?!?! Dang!! If I decide to nuke my town, I'll have some hefty starting out bells ^^;;;

Also I LOVE the new pattern rule, what a blessing :,D

Not sure if anyone has added this to the "new features with the update" list, but now, when a villager is about to give you a tutorial that you've heard a hundred times already, they first ask you if you want to hear the tutorial, and you can decline. So no more having to hear how to use the 3ds camera anymore.

You know, I've been wondering...

If anyone has the Reset Center, they scan in Resetti to have his RV appear, and then they reset...

Would Wisp show up to give you the riot act?

Idk if this fits here!! but since it's a new item, I assume it could!!!
Just found out the donut cushion from the new 7-11 set IS NOT CUSTOMIZABLE I bought it bc I thought I could make the frosting pink instead of brownnnn, nooo!!! :[

it's still cute though... I'll fit it in somewhere.. somehow.. maybe.. but just to let everyone else that reads this know!!! <3

aw god double post

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just got my town appraised and it's at the maximum bell amount?!?! Dang!! If I decide to nuke my town, I'll have some hefty starting out bells ^^;;;

Also I LOVE the new pattern rule, what a blessing :,D

Hihi!! O: What is the new pattern rule!?

---

Also! When wearing the My Melody clothing set, items make a diff sound! it's like a twinkle-magic sound! :>

Last edited:
hello, sorry probably this question was already asked, but i'd like to know, with the amiibo cards can I get a villager who recently left my town? or does that cycling villager thing still works?

hello, sorry probably this question was already asked, but i'd like to know, with the amiibo cards can I get a villager who recently left my town? or does that cycling villager thing still works?

With amiibo card villagers, I don't believe that get affected by the 16 villager cycle. So, for example, if Stitches just left your town, you could scan him in with an amiibo card the next day to get him to move in again.

Back