• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Will scanned characters ever ask to move out? I don't want to be stuck having to scan characters whenever I want a change and I'll miss the randomness of who moves in :\

I scanned in 10 villagers and skipped ahead a month, had one villager move out on me :) they aren't permanent

I was wondering: if I buy any item of Pav? series from the campground and sell to Reese, then she'll give 12.000 bells for it?

I was thinking about buying, but I'm not sure if is worth after discovering that Reese would pay less for a furniture bought from Joan.

They have different patterns and designs depending on who you bought them from. They all function the same though.

Are they like customizable at Re-Tail or do they have to be ordered from RVs?

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that the entrance lights to the Happy Home Showcase (by Digby) are oddly overly bright during nighttime hours? It looks like a glitch. They're not gradient either, the light beams look drawn and 2D.

Last edited:
As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

There are some furniture that looks like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the spooky bookcase (pumpkin series) and regal dresser. Thanks in advance! :)

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Mush closet, confirmed not…
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...
Blue bookcase, confirmed yes!
Sweets dresser, confirmed not...
Picnic table, confirmed not...
Patchwork dresser, confirmed not...
Sweets player, confirmed to stay on ground despite being a 1x1 item :mad:

Also, is the yut board still too big to be put on something, like the sweets player?

Liking the update too.

Also bought the Celeste Ribbon from another town. I originally got it because it seemed quite popular, and wanted to buy one just for the sake of it. But then I tried it today. Now I'm thinking about wearing it... even though my villager is male.

Do some people have the new villagers from the batch of 50 already? I'm hearing a bunch of stories and don't know if theyre true...

Do some people have the new villagers from the batch of 50 already? I'm hearing a bunch of stories and don't know if theyre true...

Didn't they release in Japan already?

As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

There are some furniture that looks like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the spooky bookcase (pumpkin series) and regal dresser. Thanks in advance! :)

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Mush closet, confirmed not…
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...
Blue bookcase, confirmed yes!
Sweets dresser, confirmed not...
Picnic table, confirmed not...
Patchwork dresser, confirmed not...
Sweets player, confirmed to stay on ground despite being a 1x1 item :mad:

Also, is the yut board still too big to be put on something, like the sweets player?

Back