• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

yes, you can reuse the card all you want! but if you have her living in your town, you can't call her rv up (because, ofc, she can't be in two places at once!). buuut if she ever does leave town, you can scan in her amiibo again and ask her to move in all over again- you don't ever need to cycle with amiibo cards! the minute you scan them in, they can move in, regardless of if they just moved out and you haven't cycled through 16 villagers! :)

and no worries about the questions! the update was a big one, so it can get super confusing :')
Oh wow, that's so awesome of them to do!
That's so amazing omg > v < I just discovered that a while back, my friend handed me a bunch of cards saying ' I think you'd really like these' and at the time i took them and tossed them aside. Checking just moments ago, I have four out of five of the sanrio cards... Of course the one that I want wouldn't be in the bunch but I'm just so excited to have reason to play

Thank you again, soso much for being so kind. ; v ; I appreciate your patience!!

Oh wow, that's so awesome of them to do!
That's so amazing omg > v < I just discovered that a while back, my friend handed me a bunch of cards saying ' I think you'd really like these' and at the time i took them and tossed them aside. Checking just moments ago, I have four out of five of the sanrio cards... Of course the one that I want wouldn't be in the bunch but I'm just so excited to have reason to play

Thank you again, soso much for being so kind. ; v ; I appreciate your patience!!

There should actually be 6 Sanrio cards. Either way, that's four villagers that you can move into your town whenever you want. Plus, even if you don't like their look or purchasable items from their RV, it's worth scanning one each day for the 5 mew coupons you get for using Wisp.

There should actually be 6 Sanrio cards. Either way, that's four villagers that you can move into your town whenever you want. Plus, even if you don't like their look or purchasable items from their RV, it's worth scanning one each day for the 5 mew coupons you get for using Wisp.

I see! Well I have four of them! I wonder if they're somewhere in this junkyard of a room hahaha;;;
But that's amazing! Thank you so much! I'm about to load up my game and see what I can do now, hahaha > v <
I missed out on so much

There's nothing that you need to thank me for. As mentioned by 5cm/s, the Welcome Amiibo update was a big one, and there's fine details that some players aren't fully aware of. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask away.

I don't know if I've been misinformed or something but I just read something concerning online?
I don't want to sound silly but...
Is it true that if I have the Japan version of the sanrio cards, the characters will only speak in Japanese? T__T;;;

I don't know if I've been misinformed or something but I just read something concerning online?
I don't want to sound silly but...
Is it true that if I have the Japan version of the sanrio cards, the characters will only speak in Japanese? T__T;;;

I doubt that's the case, as that would require having two versions of identical characters into the game, which would be a cause of rather redundant and specific coding. I believe that any amiibo card, or figure for that matter, are not region locked and has the same game information encoded onto it... only the physical packaging (or text for cards) is different. The rumour about the Sanrio cards having Japanese text in game, is probably due to the rarity of the non-Japanese cards, and therefore most screenshots are from a Japanese copy of the game.

I doubt that's the case, as that would require having two versions of identical characters into the game, which would be a cause of rather redundant and specific coding. I believe that any amiibo card, or figure for that matter, are not region locked and has the same game information encoded onto it... only the physical packaging (or text for cards) is different. The rumour about the Sanrio cards having Japanese text in game, is probably due to the rarity of the non-Japanese cards, and therefore most screenshots are from a Japanese copy of the game.

Ohhh okay,thank goodness! You've been so sweet and fast about replying to my questions! I really do appreciate it! I got scared but what you say makes a lot of sense and eases my mind. ; v ; Thank you so much!!! <33

Pffft, it's nothing you need to thank me for. As I said before, there's details with the update that people are still unsure of, due to miscommunication and speculation from the community, due to how rare some things are (like the Sanrio cards). The whole point of a community, online or otherwise, is to provide support and education to each other. I'm just glad that I could have helped eased your concerns.

will the welcome amiibo cards ever restock anywhere? i can't seem to buy any of the packs anymore for a reasonable price, even single cards go for stupidly high prices on ebay :/ i don't know why more haven't been made or if they ever will?

will the welcome amiibo cards ever restock anywhere? i can't seem to buy any of the packs anymore for a reasonable price, even single cards go for stupidly high prices on ebay :/ i don't know why more haven't been made or if they ever will?

pretty sure nintendo stopped producing the wa series, which sucks because they're in such high demand!! it's awful- if you want to collect them, ebay sellers have the prices jacked waaaay up like you said, and unless you want to spend a fortune on them, you can't buy them.

pretty sure nintendo stopped producing the wa series, which sucks because they're in such high demand!! it's awful- if you want to collect them, ebay sellers have the prices jacked waaaay up like you said, and unless you want to spend a fortune on them, you can't buy them.

wow that's utterly rubbish >: i suppose i can easily collect the furniture from the rvs + neighbours by buying/trading them here, but it's sad i have to miss out on actually having the RVs. (also, it means i can't get the sanrio characters)

like really nintendo? it doesn't make any sense to produce a finite amount of something for what... 6 months?

Last edited:
wow that's utterly rubbish >: i suppose i can easily collect the furniture from the rvs + neighbours by buying/trading them here, but it's sad i have to miss out on actually having the RVs. (also, it means i can't get the sanrio characters)

like really nintendo? it doesn't make any sense to produce a finite amount of something for what... 6 months?

It really is annoying, considering how hard it is to finish sets if you're a collector. More so given how much sellers on eBay have jacked up their prices on individual cards. I think I've seen the set of 6 Sanrio cards go for over $100.

It really is annoying, considering how hard it is to finish sets if you're a collector. More so given how much sellers on eBay have jacked up their prices on individual cards. I think I've seen the set of 6 Sanrio cards go for over $100.

i've shot the customer support an email asking if the cards will ever be back in stock, so i'm waiting to hear from that. i've seen a lot of prices like that for he pack - i think currently the cheapest is ?40!

i think i might try and hunt down individual cards for the normal WA cards - currently looking at an auction for Maddie which ends tomorrow, but the card + postage is already at ?4, which obviously isn't cheap. an alternative i've found are auctions like this, where you don't get the card, but will be able to get the RVs/villagers, so if the email I get back from nintendo says they're not producing anymore, i'm going to buy a bunch of those and make my own cards haha

If you're after to collect the full set of cards, ordering a display box of packets is an option. For WA series, the 20 or so packets will get you along the cards (and a lot of doubles). For series 1-4, you'll probably be only missing 2-3 cards, and will mostly only have doubles of the special characters.

If you're after to collect the full set of cards, ordering a display box of packets is an option. For WA series, the 20 or so packets will get you along the cards (and a lot of doubles). For series 1-4, you'll probably be only missing 2-3 cards, and will mostly only have doubles of the special characters.

if i had a spare ?200 i probably would, it seems like it could potentially be profitable with the prices the individual cards sell for! i just scooped up dobie and maddie for ?3.50 each off ebay (free postage so ?7 total) which i don't think is half bad. psa to british folks, the same guy put up the whole WA set (minus sanrio) priced ?3.50 (minus vivian and tasha which are ?10 for some reason) so if anyone's looking to scoop the cards up, it's the best price i've seen so far tbh

if i had a spare ?200 i probably would, it seems like it could potentially be profitable with the prices the individual cards sell for! i just scooped up dobie and maddie for ?3.50 each off ebay (free postage so ?7 total) which i don't think is half bad. psa to british folks, the same guy put up the whole WA set (minus sanrio) priced ?3.50 (minus vivian and tasha which are ?10 for some reason) so if anyone's looking to scoop the cards up, it's the best price i've seen so far tbh

If he's selling any of the EU style card for series 1, could you let me know? It's the set I'm missing the most cards from.

Quick question :
If I invite an amiibo villager to REPLACE a normal villager
Does the amiibo plot his/her house in the same spot or do he/she live somewhere else?

It follows the same plot rules as everyonr else

It follows the same plot rules as everyonr else

i agree, but i do think the villager has a slight preference to plot in the vacated spot. ofc, it's all up for debate, though, because we never reeeally know how the game's plotting mechanic works...

I wish they can add more feature besides this characters, like cook, and use those fish or fruits to make good meals, or to make some medicine, in case your villagers are sick. So in a way, what you plant in your garden had some other use besides selling it to shops. :(

Back