New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

What about without TTing - are the holidays not the same every year? Can I buy old holiday items off others?
We don't know yet. I assume no, they'll be the same, or at least they'll add in new items but keep the old ones - the latest update added two new seasonal recipes and two more equinox items, for instance, without replacing any items that were previously obtainable. As for getting holiday items off of others, that's definitely possible, but some of the items will definitely be harder to get than others - Rover's briefcase, for instance, is an item you only get once per player (per year, possibly), and can't reorder or make yourself.

We don't know yet. I assume no, they'll be the same, or at least they'll add in new items but keep the old ones - the latest update added two new seasonal recipes and two more equinox items, for instance, without replacing any items that were previously obtainable. As for getting holiday items off of others, that's definitely possible, but some of the items will definitely be harder to get than others - Rover's briefcase, for instance, is an item you only get once per player (per year, possibly), and can't reorder or make yourself.
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

If I kick out a villager via amiibo, do they move out the same day? Or a couple of days after. I feel like I messed up the last time, and want to verify before doing any changes.

If I kick out a villager via amiibo, do they move out the same day? Or a couple of days after. I feel like I messed up the last time, and want to verify before doing any changes.
They will be put in boxes immediately and move out the next day, with the plot being marked as sold to whatever amiibo villager you used. The day after that is when the amiibo villager will have officially moved in.

They will be put in boxes immediately and move out the next day, with the plot being marked as sold to whatever amiibo villager you used. The day after is when the amiibo villager will have officially moved in.
Great thank you! I see where I messed up. I kicked out Raymond and was planning on rehoming him, but I time traveler forward thinking he would be in boxes 😩

Is there a way to stop tree branches from spawning? I have this is closed off space, and I keep having to open it just to pickup the branches.

Last edited:
Is there a way to stop tree branches from spawning? I have to is closed off space, and I keep having to open it just to pickup the branches.

if you pick up all the branches that spawned and then drop them individually behind a cliff or something then new ones won’t spawn. Mayor mori recently did a YouTube video about it here

Is there a way to stop tree branches from spawning? I have to is closed off space, and I keep having to open it just to pickup the branches.

Collect them and dump them behind the cliff. I think you need to dump about 15. They can't be stacked. It has to be individual branches. You can put two rocks to stop rock spawns.

I feel like a bother 😩
I have questions everyday.
For today’s question:
I’m about to create a new character. Does the house exterior unit squares stay the same even after upgrading rooms? Wondering before placing down the house.

I feel like a bother 😩
I have questions everyday.
For today’s question:
I’m about to create a new character. Does the house exterior unit squares stay the same even after upgrading rooms? Wondering before placing down the house.
That's what this thread is for. X) Rep houses are always 5x4 squares, no matter how many of the upgrades you've gotten.

Can I give villagers to other players via amiibos? Say for example if a friend wanted Marshal and I had the amiibo card for him, can I give him away?

Can I give villagers to other players via amiibos? Say for example if a friend wanted Marshal and I had the amiibo card for him, can I give him away?
Yep! If you know each other IRL, you could just lend them the card for as long as it takes to invite him. Otherwise, you could invite Marshal to live on your island, then have your friend pick him up when he moved out, either normally or by replacing him with another amiibo.

How do you force a villager to move out?
The most consistent way is to scan an amiibo and ask the amiibo villager to move in in the place of the villager you want to kick out. Otherwise you can either 1. use a randomly spawned campsite villager (although you don't get to choose who they are and you might have to reset a ton to make them pick the right villager to kick) or 2. wait for the villager you want to kick to ask to move naturally.

Does the recycling bin have infinite number of items it can hold? Or is there a limit? Also, where do these items even come from. I feel like there’s a few pieces I might have crafted or lost but I don’t remember planting buildings or things on them that makes them disappear or get them inside the box.

Back