• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

so i'm currently time traveled to the 18th and have kyle in boxes. if i time travel back to the current date (the 17th, one day backwards), will kyle still be in boxes, or will he be moved out?

Does anyone have a guide for the easiest way to cycle villagers out? I'm tired of waiting for them to move lol

So I might be a bit behind on this, but am I correct that as of the latest update, villagers don't send you a random letter every day anymore?

Hey, what are major things to watch out for when choosing a map? On my first island I was kinda rushing and just wanted a certain fruit-airport combo. Now I’m considering looking for a certain knight eagle as a starter. What else should I look for?

Hey, what are major things to watch out for when choosing a map? On my first island I was kinda rushing and just wanted a certain fruit-airport combo. Now I’m considering looking for a certain knight eagle as a starter. What else should I look for?

River ends, placement of secret beach, peninsula location and size, where the airport and the residental service is.

If you want Sterling, @stickymice has him in boxes tomorrow. He is unoriginal.

River ends, placement of secret beach, peninsula location and size, where the airport and the residental service is.

If you want Sterling, @stickymice has him in boxes tomorrow. He is unoriginal.
Well, I’m looking for Sterling specifically so he doesn’t have a dungeon for a house. I also don’t even have the switch or extra copy yet (I’m buying the game tomorrow so I can hold onto it tho) and Sterling is on the island I share with my parents. Thanks for pointing it out to me (as well as the rest of the stuff I need to keep an eye out too) though!

Is there a list somewhere of all the haunted artwork/statues? I’ve tried googling it, but I don’t think any of the pages have been updated for awhile even though they said they would update as they got more artwork; Idk if that means that there are only a few haunted ones or they haven’t gotten them yet..

What does it mean for artwork or statues to be haunted? I didn't really understand that was a thing, although my friends had been mentioning it. XD I thought they were just joking around.

What does it mean for artwork or statues to be haunted? I didn't really understand that was a thing, although my friends had been mentioning it. XD I thought they were just joking around.

Some fake artwork have a special effect when it's night time. I know that the fake informative statue glows at night and the fake Ancient statue floats. Some of the paintings have glowing or moving eyes. I don't know which one exactly.

I also can't recall if it's after 7PM or a little later that you see this.

Omg! Wow! I had no idea. That's so cool! I have a fake ancient statue and informative statue and noticed but didn't realize that these cool quirks were also part of other pieces of art! Thanks for helping me out :)

Hi! I don't know if this was asked before but, what happens if you time travel backward and then travel back to current time? Is there any consequences?

Hi! I don't know if this was asked before but, what happens if you time travel backward and then travel back to current time? Is there any consequences?

You have to be little more specific than that. Turnips will rot. Turnip trends will change npcs and store stocks will change depending on which days of the week you time travel.

I was always under the impression that turnips would only rot if you TT backward. I’ve only gone forward and they still rot. And I only went two days forward, one day a time.

So yesterday I tt forward a day. I was moving something and wanted it done. Then I went forward another day so the incline I placed would be built. Today I changed the day back to yesterday As I hadn’t finished moving things around. I didn’t play as a new day though and only opened the game once the date was set to the last day I played. Does that still affect turnips? I guess it does..?

Just feeling annoyed and dumb since I spent all my bells on them and it’s all gone now..

I was always under the impression that turnips would only rot if you TT backward. I’ve only gone forward and they still rot. And I only went two days forward, one day a time.

So yesterday I tt forward a day. I was moving something and wanted it done. Then I went forward another day so the incline I placed would be built. Today I changed the day back to yesterday As I hadn’t finished moving things around. I didn’t play as a new day though and only opened the game once the date was set to the last day I played. Does that still affect turnips? I guess it does..?

Just feeling annoyed and dumb since I spent all my bells on them and it’s all gone now..

Did you accidentally go past Sunday? I haven't been playing attention to my turnips when I go forward since I only buy 1 or 2 stacks to move trees.

Back