New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

How long can you go not talking to your villagers before it starts hurting friendship levels? I might do a week or two of time traveling to speed up the next move out dialogue but dont want to mess up any friends

They recently datamined the friendship mechanics, and it actually looks like not talking to a villager doesn't do anything to friendship levels? You can read the doc here.

This might not necessarily be relevant, but I recently went back to my NL town after years of not playing it, and after a few requests, I still got an extra copy of a villager pic, if that makes you feel better. So, yeah, the mechanics between the two games are probably different, but there's at least precedent for the not talking thing not actually affecting the game.

Crying react :c
Can a villager go in boxes without having the "I want to move" conversation?

Nope. In NH, villagers won't ever move out without you talking to them first.

They recently datamined the friendship mechanics, and it actually looks like not talking to a villager doesn't do anything to friendship levels? You can read the doc here.

This might not necessarily be relevant, but I recently went back to my NL town after years of not playing it, and after a few requests, I still got an extra copy of a villager pic, if that makes you feel better. So, yeah, the mechanics between the two games are probably different, but there's at least precedent for the not talking thing not actually affecting the game.

Nope. In NH, villagers won't ever move out without you talking to them first.
Thank you for the info!!

One question regarding lilies of the valley; is their spawn rate effected the more you have planted such as it was in New Leaf?

southern hemisphere folks, has anyone managed to get the recipe for the tree's bounty arch yet? does anyone know the dates when it will start appearing? i can't wait to get this thing ;-;

southern hemisphere folks, has anyone managed to get the recipe for the tree's bounty arch yet? does anyone know the dates when it will start appearing? i can't wait to get this thing ;-;
It needs a seasonal material that's only available starting from the 16th, so I'd imagine the recipe itself will also be available from then on!

Is it true that you can't kick out your newest villager? I had a plot open to get a villager from someone and they never got back to me so the plot was claimed by a different villager. I can't seem to get rid of him and I heard somewhere that you can't kick your newest villager out...I have all my dreamies but 1 (the one I was hoping to get) so if it's true I'm a little disappointed.

Is it true that you can't kick out your newest villager? I had a plot open to get a villager from someone and they never got back to me so the plot was claimed by a different villager. I can't seem to get rid of him and I heard somewhere that you can't kick your newest villager out...I have all my dreamies but 1 (the one I was hoping to get) so if it's true I'm a little disappointed.
It's not entirely true, newest villagers can ask to move out under unknown circumstances. You can still kick them out via campers (amiibo or otherwise)!

It's not entirely true, newest villagers can ask to move out under unknown circumstances. You can still kick them out via campers (amiibo or otherwise)!
Ahh well that's a little more comforting. Sadly I don't have any amiibo's but I can always hope I get the villager I want in the campsite.
Thank you for the help ^-^

Is there a maximum amount of music players that can be playing at once on the island outside?

Does anyone know why some of my trees aren't growing? 😓
20200510_125145.jpg

Sometimes, trees won't grow if there's too many packed together in one area. To get around this, you can grow those trees elsewhere and then move them back to where you want.
Ohhhhh thank you so much! I was sad cos this bit was going to be an orchard hahaha.

Oh thanks so much! I was just about to ask this question myself. My bamboo thicket had trees that stopped growing! XD

Do villagers use furniture that hangs on the wall? Gladys put an instant muscles suit on the wall that she got from me doing one of those delivery tasks (argh) so I'd like to give her something to replace it.

Back