• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Do villagers use furniture that hangs on the wall? Gladys put an instant muscles suit on the wall that she got from me doing one of those delivery tasks (argh) so I'd like to give her something to replace it.

They don't. The only exception to this are clothing items.

I have a question about time traveling. Will going back in time automatically spoil your turnips, or just going back to/past Sunday?

I have a question about time traveling. Will going back in time automatically spoil your turnips, or just going back to/past Sunday?

Any amount of time traveling backwards will spoil all your Turnips. Forwards travel is fine (it's literally impossible for the game to detect it) as long as you don't go past the next Sunday.

Does the 10 villager limit include me and another player character? i.e. if I have two seperate players on the island on different Switch accounts, can I only have 9 villagers as a result of the extra player?

Does the 10 villager limit include me and another player character? i.e. if I have two seperate players on the island on different Switch accounts, can I only have 9 villagers as a result of the extra player?

The 10 villager limit doesn't include the player characters! You could have an island of 8 player characters and 10 animal villagers at max.

If you give an item (parasol in this instance) to a villager, and they replace a piece of furniture in their house with it, is that piece of furniture gone forever or do they ever bring it back?

Has celeste/shooting stars gotten rarer? I swear it would happen on prett much any starry, cloudless night before, and now she's never there and there's not been shooting stars in a month.

Hey guys, I have a question about villager wardrobes! Does anyone know if there’s a way to remove an article of clothing from an animal villager’s wardrobe? Some of my villagers wear things that either don’t look good or they wear them way too often :/ I’ve tried giving them new things to wear, but then they just end up wearing that new thing for like a week straight lol...help!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I have Apple in boxes on the same day Raymond is at the campsite, and I want to move Raymond in. Will her moving affect his ability to move in, and is there a possibility, when he agrees to move in, that she's the villager he'd kick out?

I've seen people trading villager for villager, I really want to know how that works because that's something I'd like to do in the near future.
For example I'm trading Judy for Lopez, once someone has asked her to move to their island, does Judy instantly leave and leave behind an empty plot? Or do I have to prepare another empty plot in order to move Lopez in?
If anyone has experience doing this kind of trade I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know how.

If you give an item (parasol in this instance) to a villager, and they replace a piece of furniture in their house with it, is that piece of furniture gone forever or do they ever bring it back?
They do bring it back, it's like they have their own storage or something.
So there's no carnations in NH...? Or am I missing something?
No carnations, only commemorative mugs.
Has celeste/shooting stars gotten rarer? I swear it would happen on prett much any starry, cloudless night before, and now she's never there and there's not been shooting stars in a month.
You were ridiculously lucky in the past, a month is pretty normal.
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I have Apple in boxes on the same day Raymond is at the campsite, and I want to move Raymond in. Will her moving affect his ability to move in, and is there a possibility, when he agrees to move in, that she's the villager he'd kick out?
Careful! Having two villagers in boxes in the same day is a great way to get the "forever in boxes" glitch. However, since it's Raymond we're talking about, I'd risk it. I'm pretty sure the one stuck in limbo would be Apple, anyway. This is how it's going to happen: Raymond will choose a random villager other than Apple, that random villager will be in boxes today, and, tomorrow, the random villager will move out so Raymond can move in. Apple will still be in boxes. The day after tomorrow, Raymond will move in. Apple will still be in boxes. There have been reports of getting these villagers out of limbo if you either use an amiibo to replace them, or have someone adopt them. Once again, since it's Raymond we're talking about, I'd say the risk is worth it. It might not happen anyway.
I've seen people trading villager for villager, I really want to know how that works because that's something I'd like to do in the near future.
For example I'm trading Judy for Lopez, once someone has asked her to move to their island, does Judy instantly leave and leave behind an empty plot? Or do I have to prepare another empty plot in order to move Lopez in?
If anyone has experience doing this kind of trade I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know how.
Once someone asks Judy to move to their island, her house will say "I've moved out!" for one day. The following day, the plot will be open and you'll be able to ask Lopez to move in. Trading villager for villager usually involves a one-day time travel to make things faster and reduce the chance of scams. So the person will ask Judy to move in, go back to their island, you'll TT one day forwards, go to their island, and ask Lopez to move in.

Now on the other player's part, they'll start out with an empty plot and no one asking to move out. Then they'll ask Judy to move in, go back home, and TT until they get Lopez to ask to move out. Then they'll invite you to their island to talk to Lopez. Of course, they might also have an open plot and Lopez in boxes at the same time due to a camper or amiibo.

Careful! Having two villagers in boxes in the same day is a great way to get the "forever in boxes" glitch. However, since it's Raymond we're talking about, I'd risk it. I'm pretty sure the one stuck in limbo would be Apple, anyway. This is how it's going to happen: Raymond will choose a random villager other than Apple, that random villager will be in boxes today, and, tomorrow, the random villager will move out so Raymond can move in. Apple will still be in boxes. The day after tomorrow, Raymond will move in. Apple will still be in boxes. There have been reports of getting these villagers out of limbo if you either use an amiibo to replace them, or have someone adopt them. Once again, since it's Raymond we're talking about, I'd say the risk is worth it. It might not happen anyway.

Thanks for your answer! I risked it and everything was fine :) Raymond is here and Apple was gone, and I already found a new villager on a tour who moved in just fine! ^^

So I know that when a starter villager moves to another person's island they will have their normal house there. Do starter villagers keep any clothes/furniture I've gifted them when they move, or does that get reset too?

Anyone know the dimensions of the Worthy Painting? I'm trying to align it with the Moving Painting in my home and wanna make sure they're both the same size :) thank you!

So I know that when a starter villager moves to another person's island they will have their normal house there. Do starter villagers keep any clothes/furniture I've gifted them when they move, or does that get reset too?

I think furniture resets, but clothing does not? I adopted an 'original' Skye, but they had some designs from their island. And Audie had some clothes I don't recognize.

When flowers have grown and you put them on the sand (the beach) are they able to breed and produce more flowers?

When flowers have grown and you put them on the sand (the beach) are they able to breed and produce more flowers?

Nope, they cannot. Flowers cannot grow on the beach, or regrow their petals on the beach. The only exception is the sand paths, where they will grow and regrow their petals.

i rlly want ankha from my campsite but she wants to kick out dom she’s asked twice now is there any way i can get someone else out instead what can i do

i rlly want ankha from my campsite but she wants to kick out dom she’s asked twice now is there any way i can get someone else out instead what can i do

Are you doing the quit-out method? Or have you finished the dialogue where she asks to ask Dom to leave? If you did, you sadly don't have a choice. If you went past that, she'll only kick out Dom.

Back