New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

OKAY, SO! I've looked online and I feel like I'm going crazy, but how do you get more customisation options for the pillars and counters? I've seen pillars and counters in houses on the HHP showroom with colours and patterns other than the default wooden ones you start with, I assume you unlock the customisation of them - in which case, how many homes do I have to design for that? Thanks!

How do I get the diy for custom fencing to show up in nooks? I've checked daily for a week and I can't find it and I need it

OKAY, SO! I've looked online and I feel like I'm going crazy, but how do you get more customisation options for the pillars and counters? I've seen pillars and counters in houses on the HHP showroom with colours and patterns other than the default wooden ones you start with, I assume you unlock the customisation of them - in which case, how many homes do I have to design for that? Thanks!
You need to give Niko the materials he wants by putting them in the materials box upstairs. Somewhere along the story after unlocking the normal pillars you should have been presented the option to help Niko learn about DIYs and those are the DIYs he will be making. He will give them to you the day after you've donated the materials and flown to the HHP island for the 1st time and from then on they will also appear in your HHP catalog. I think there's about 6? different ones to unlock that require different mats.

How do I get the diy for custom fencing to show up in nooks? I've checked daily for a week and I can't find it and I need it
You need to craft two different types of fencing at least once for it to show up. Also it's at the Nook Miles terminal in the resident hall, in case you meant Nook's Cranny when you say Nooks.

You need to give Niko the materials he wants by putting them in the materials box upstairs. Somewhere along the story after unlocking the normal pillars you should have been presented the option to help Niko learn about DIYs and those are the DIYs he will be making. He will give them to you the day after you've donated the materials and flown to the HHP island for the 1st time and from then on they will also appear in your HHP catalog. I think there's about 6? different ones to unlock that require different mats.

You need to craft two different types of fencing at least once for it to show up. Also it's at the Nook Miles terminal in the resident hall, in case you meant Nook's Cranny when you say Nooks.

I did mean town hall, sorry! I'm used to calling both things nooks haha.
And thank you!

Anyone know how to fix this glitch? After Becky visited, my house thinks the lights are on from the exterior but inside, all the lights are off. Reloading did nothing and IDK why the game is suddenly glitching out on me.

Does anyone know which client on HHP unlocks the Storefront item? I've been trying to pick ones that I think would maybe have it but I have yet to be successful lol

Okay...either I'm blind, or something is wrong with my game? o.o?? So I wanted to use some of the Simple Wood Fences...and I clearly thought I had the recipe in my DIY. I looked through my whole DIY catalogue via alphabetical order and I could not find the recipe. So I thought I didn't redeem it via the Nook Miles Redemption, but it's not showing it in there either. I'm I just losing my mind? Or am I looking in the wrong place in order to craft more simple wood fences...

Okay...either I'm blind, or something is wrong with my game? o.o?? So I wanted to use some of the Simple Wood Fences...and I clearly thought I had the recipe in my DIY. I looked through my whole DIY catalogue via alphabetical order and I could not find the recipe. So I thought I didn't redeem it via the Nook Miles Redemption, but it's not showing it in there either. I'm I just losing my mind? Or am I looking in the wrong place in order to craft more simple wood fences...

the nook miles redemption only has 2 random fence recipes available per day, regardless of whether you have the recipes of not. So if you need to learn/ relearn it it will appear again there again sooner or later.

it is possible you had simple wooden fencing without having the recipe, because Tom nook gives you 50 pieces of it when he is first teaching you about fencing and decorating the island during the tutorial.

Not sure about this part but I believe there was a glitch sometimes last year, Which caused some recipes to disappear for people. I think it has been fixed now, but maybe if you did have it it was ‘lost’ that way. Not sure whether this glitch actually existed though, so sorry if this info is incorrect.

Just starting New Horizons today! Will we still get to celebrate Harvest Festival this week even though it'll be a small crowd?

Just starting New Horizons today! Will we still get to celebrate Harvest Festival this week even though it'll be a small crowd?
Unfortunately, no, you'll need to progress your island to a certain point (you need to have the Resident Services building) to be able to celebrate Turkey Day.

May I ask if the Happy Paradise Event Tee only appear once during K.K festival? I wish to purchase more and distribute to my friends who didn't get the DLC but I only bought a few that time. Wish to buy more but is not for sale in catalogue >< since that event is one time thing I not sure how do I able to buy this again...

Attachments

• Paradise_Planning_Event_Tee_(Purple)_NH_Icon.png
    Paradise_Planning_Event_Tee_(Purple)_NH_Icon.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
May I ask if the Happy Paradise Event Tee only appear once during K.K festival? I wish to purchase more and distribute to my friends who didn't get the DLC but I only bought a few that time. Wish to buy more but is not for sale in catalogue >< since that event is one time thing I not sure how do I able to buy this again...
K.K. will return to the archipelago every Sunday, from what I understand you should be able to buy it again then.

Got a question about fruit. Is it true that villagers gift you non-native fruit when they visit now? How common is this occurance? Is it absolutely non-native fruit and not sister fruit or the same fruit Mom gifts you at the start? I need to know because I'm about to restart and have very limited and sporadic net access to acquire them from someone else. Thanks for any help!

Got a question about fruit. Is it true that villagers gift you non-native fruit when they visit now? How common is this occurance? Is it absolutely non-native fruit and not sister fruit or the same fruit Mom gifts you at the start? I need to know because I'm about to restart and have very limited and sporadic net access to acquire them from someone else. Thanks for any help!

I've had villagers visit and give me fruit. My native is pears but I've been gifted oranges and peaches. It's not every single visit though.

Help on deleting a VERY old save of my island.
Okay, so this was BEFORE we were given the island transfer tool.

Back in the day when we didn't have this tool, I contacted Nintendo support to have my save sent to my new switch.
I want to start a cycling island on my old (now bf's) Switch since he doesn't play, but turns out the switch does have a save of a very very old version of my island. I want to be 210% sure that if I go about deleting the OLD save on the OLD switch, that this will not have any wacky effects on the CURRENT save existing on my CURRENT switch via cloud shenanigans. (Caps are for emphasis not to be rude ;w; !!)

Two things:

Tools are grayed out when customizing. Can we not customize them now?

It seems obvious, but I've seen the starter house turned into the real house by Isabelle. Will talking to her also fix houses you might have messed up by giving clothes or fossils or whatnot?

Anyone know how many HHP houses I need to make to unlock VIP clients?

Back