• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

anyone know if the dlc chocolates are put on display when given to villagers or take up their inventory or if they don’t like gifted fruit doesn’t?

When there is a villager in the camp site and there ask for someone to leave that I don’t want to leave does saying no do anything

When there is a villager in the camp site and there ask for someone to leave that I don’t want to leave does saying no do anything
If they chose that villager and you finished the dialogue, even if you say no, they will always suggest that villager from then on. A good way to avoid this is to restart right when they say the name of the villager you don't want them to replace.

if you accidentally add a second floor to a house in happy home paradise is there a way to change your mind and remove the second floor?

anyone know if the dlc chocolates are put on display when given to villagers or take up their inventory or if they don’t like gifted fruit doesn’t?

Mine haven't displayed theirs so I don't think they can.

Do villagers remember you if they see you at the archipelago that used to live on your island before?

No. If you invite a villager from your island they'll have a couple of lines about it at first but that's it.

if you accidentally add a second floor to a house in happy home paradise is there a way to change your mind and remove the second floor?

Don't you get the option to talk to the villager and say you've changed your mind? I could be wrong because I haven't wanted to delete a second floor so I haven't paid much attention.

Mine haven't displayed theirs so I don't think they can.

No. If you invite a villager from your island they'll have a couple of lines about it at first but that's it.

Don't you get the option to talk to the villager and say you've changed your mind? I could be wrong because I haven't wanted to delete a second floor so I haven't paid much attention.
yeah idk i go to ask for a remodel but the only options i have are cancel remodel or say im done

Does anyone know if there are now better items you can use to cover the entrance of a room? Since I only use the main and the left room in my house, I covered always the entrances of the other rooms up with simple panels and placed items in front of them to make it look like as if there isn't any entrance at all to another room which remains empty since I don't need it. I just wonder if there are better options now since the simple panels were never a 100% good solution imo. Like does it work for example if you make a "new wall" out of partition walls? Can you place a partition wall in general in front of a entrance to cover it up?

It changes weekly, as well as when they go to your island, and come back.

You can get redd to change his stock by buying his art even if you don't want it.
The next day it will be a new piece
Thank you so so so much for replying. I soon figured it out after scrolling through the forums but I feel better having it confirmed!

Does someone know if the update changed something with the villagers gifting their photo? I already have Raymond's photo since months and he gave me again his photo, twice in a row, when visiting my home and the day after in a letter, to thank me for letting him visiting my home...

not in our island, i think... i may be wrong. ^^
I don't think so either. I tested it by planting them throughout in different ways (some close to one another, diagonally, with spaces in between and scattered throughout my island) and no additional ones have grown sadly (and it's been a few days). I'm thinking they don't.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for the silly question but I'm still super confused by Reese and Cyrus, what's the difference between their customizing and just customizing at our work bench?

Is it that they can customize Nook Miles Furniture so for instance, they would be able to make my Springy Ride-On another color? And my Playground Gym the multicolor version instead of white? And otherwise, they just also customize the same items we can already customize ourselves?

Is that the only difference?

Last edited:
I don't think so either. I tested it by planting them throughout in different ways (some close to one another, diagonally, with spaces in between and scattered throughout my island) and no additional ones have grown sadly (and it's been a few days). I'm thinking they don't.

Sorry for the silly question but I'm still super confused by Reese and Cyrus, what's the difference between their customizing and just customizing at our work bench?

Is it that they can customize Nook Miles Furniture so for instance, they would be able to make my Springy Ride-On another color? And my Playground Gym the multicolor version instead of white? And otherwise, they just also customize the same items we can already customize ourselves?

They can customize any furniture that has color variants. For DIY items, it can be more expensive to go through Cyrus than buying customization kits and you have to fly to Harv's island to do it. Cyrus also may not count toward the NM goals involving customization, but I'm not sure about that. Other than those things, there isn't any real difference.

I have my own question. Did 2.0 give you the option to stop villagers from ever wearing gifted clothing from another villager? I delivered a present from another villager and told the villager I don't like the outfit, then he asked me if I was sure about that which I don't remember prior to 2.0 and then he made it sound like he would never wear it again. It would be really awesome if they actually added the option to stop your villagers from wearing ugly clothing gifts.

Last edited:
Is Pyllis and Pelly back to ACNH? I wonder if I can build them vacation home? And also Peter!

can you get hhp items and DIY without buying the DLC itself? (by trading with others players?)

Last edited:
1. I have noticed many use the term "Oh my dreamie is in the starting home it annoys me I can't change it!" or something along those lines what do they mean by this?
2. I am not a creative person (imo) but I want to try to at least make my island look nice to outsiders...I don't want a theme as I feel that is limiting and as I said I am not creative nor planned a theme when I named my island so any tips?
3. Is it unnatural for people to rotate through villagers and not keep their 10 dreamies throughout the entirety of their completed island or throughout most of it? I don't like the idea of never spicing things up with a new face or 2
4. Ties into villagers again sort of...how do I go about getting a lot of NMTs without farming my life away to get 1k tickets for example...or is it the only way? (If so my 3 dreamies so far are going to be a NIGHTMARE to find...)

Sorry for all the dumb questions trying to learn the ropes but it can be super overwhelming coming back after such a long time starting over and knowing basically nothing...

1. I have noticed many use the term "Oh my dreamie is in the starting home it annoys me I can't change it!" or something along those lines what do they mean by this?
2. I am not a creative person (imo) but I want to try to at least make my island look nice to outsiders...I don't want a theme as I feel that is limiting and as I said I am not creative nor planned a theme when I named my island so any tips?
3. Is it unnatural for people to rotate through villagers and not keep their 10 dreamies throughout the entirety of their completed island or throughout most of it? I don't like the idea of never spicing things up with a new face or 2
4. Ties into villagers again sort of...how do I go about getting a lot of NMTs without farming my life away to get 1k tickets for example...or is it the only way? (If so my 3 dreamies so far are going to be a NIGHTMARE to find...)

Sorry for all the dumb questions trying to learn the ropes but it can be super overwhelming coming back after such a long time starting over and knowing basically nothing...
1. The first 5 villagers you get (or is it maybe the first 3?) don't have the house interior they should have, they get a very basic interior with wood items.
2. I'm not very creative either, I just decorate how I feel, I never use a theme and I don't like when there is too many items everywhere so I won't be helpful to you...
3. I almost always say yes when a villager wants to leave (except 2 or 3 villagers I'm very attached to), I also decided to not island hopping anymore so I let the game chose for me and even if I got a villager I don't like, I always end up liking him/her, and I can meet villagers I would have never invited on a mystery island (I don't use amiibo cards as I really like the surprise of having new villagers).
4. I have no idea as I don't buy villager and I use the NMT only in the game. I guess if you have Raymond you can sell him for a quite good amount of NMT but I don't know if the fact that he has an amiibo card now changed the prices on the market...

Yeah, Cyrus can work on anything that has variants, including things you can't use the kits for -- like Nook Miles Furniture and regular Nooklings items. :)

I have my own question. Did 2.0 give you the option to stop villagers from ever wearing gifted clothing from another villager? I delivered a present from another villager and told the villager I don't like the outfit, then he asked me if I was sure about that which I don't remember prior to 2.0 and then he made it sound like he would never wear it again. It would be really awesome if they actually added the option to stop your villagers from wearing ugly clothing gifts.

This option was already there. For me, it didn't always come up because sometimes villagers would mention they wanted to wear it anyway. I don't know if 2.0 has changed it to make it so they ALWAYS tell you they won't wear it but I don't think so :(

Back