New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

I have 45 cedar but they are all completely surrounded by flowers so I know they can't drop anything. And there are 27 hardwoods which are clear -no flowers or anything surrounding them. So I've been checking the hardwoods daily and they just stopped having bells, etc. I'm wondering if it's due to the cedars' area being overrun with flowers. I've been meaning to clear those flowers up some.

I have 45 cedar but they are all completely surrounded by flowers so I know they can't drop anything. And there are 27 hardwoods which are clear -no flowers or anything surrounding them. So I've been checking the hardwoods daily and they just stopped having bells, etc. I'm wondering if it's due to the cedars' area being overrun with flowers. I've been meaning to clear those flowers up some.
Anything other than a path that’s immediately next to or a space away from the tree will cause anything that drops to instantly disappear or never show up. Double check and make sure you have space for items to fall for most of the trees.

I would move the flowers. Those trees are probably where your wasps are hiding. Those trees can still drop items or wasps but the item and beehive will disappear if it doesn’t have a space to land .

I see some people saying they have a main island, and a second island. Is there a way to have two islands? Or do you need a second Switch for that?

I see some people saying they have a main island, and a second island. Is there a way to have two islands? Or do you need a second Switch for that?
You would need a second switch and second copy of the game. My main island is the one I started on release day and my second island is the one I restart each year on my second switch lite.

You'll definitely need two Switches. A benefit of having a physical copy of the game, however, is that you can share the cartridge in between the consoles without losing progress on either island, as the save data is put onto the consoles themselves. The downside is that you won't be able to visit each others' islands, as you'll still need two copies of the game to do that.

The winter shopping season is nearly over, but I'm still missing a lot of winter shopping items. I saw somewhere that spring has a lot of cold-weather clothes at the start and warmer clothes towards the end. Does that mean that winter items will still be available in the first half of spring?

The winter shopping season is nearly over, but I'm still missing a lot of winter shopping items. I saw somewhere that spring has a lot of cold-weather clothes at the start and warmer clothes towards the end. Does that mean that winter items will still be available in the first half of spring?
I would assume so. The winter and summer months definitely offer a majority of cold and hot outfits at Able Sisters, respectively, and if I'm not mistaken, fall and spring offer a mix of both as some places in the real world warm up faster than others. What's offered for sale is mostly random otherwise, though items featured on the mannequins will be offered for sale for the entire week in all varieties, and change out on Mondays.

I would assume so. The winter and summer months definitely offer a majority of cold and hot outfits at Able Sisters, respectively, and if I'm not mistaken, fall and spring offer a mix of both as some places in the real world warm up faster than others. What's offered for sale is mostly random otherwise, though items featured on the mannequins will be offered for sale for the entire week in all varieties, and change out on Mondays.
I'm using The ULTIMATE Catalogue to keep track of what I have, and some of the items listed say that they're only available in specific seasons. That makes me worried because there's a lot of clothes that says it's only available in the winter, and winter is over this week.

I've gotten summer clothes during the winter by giving my villagers high-value, wrapped gifts, but I haven't seen summer clothes in the Able Sisters shop during the winter. I just don't remember if winter clothes was available in the fall.

I'm using The ULTIMATE Catalogue to keep track of what I have, and some of the items listed say that they're only available in specific seasons. That makes me worried because there's a lot of clothes that says it's only available in the winter, and winter is over this week.

I've gotten summer clothes during the winter by giving my villagers high-value, wrapped gifts, but I haven't seen summer clothes in the Able Sisters shop during the winter. I just don't remember if winter clothes was available in the fall.
I suppose when it comes to specialty clothing items offered for sale in Able Sisters, like the Santa and Leprechaun outfits, they are limited to around the time the respective holiday is. Heavier jackets and most fur accessories are more likely to appear in winter, while tanks and sandals are more likely to appear in the summer. It may ultimately depend on what the item is and what the game classifies it as best-worn for certain seasons, if that makes sense.

Hi, I have a question about the last house upgrade! Will there be any change of the house exterior, or will anything else change, apart from getting more storage? Thanks!

Hi, I have a question about the last house upgrade! Will there be any change of the house exterior, or will anything else change, apart from getting more storage? Thanks!
Once you upgrade all the rooms (with the exception of the basement), the house will reach its final design and won't visually change in size further, even with the storage upgrades. Once you pay off the final non-storage loan, Tom Nook will let you redesign the exterior for free from then on out. There is also a Nook Miles achievement you can complete if you do this five times a day. I'd say the easiest way to get these miles would be to choose what you ultimately want for the first remodel, then keep changing just your mailbox for the other days until you do it five times. You'll earn a total of 3,500 miles.

After the first music festival on the Happy Home island, I have not been there to catch the start of another one. Can you see DJ KK ride up on his floating stage again or is he always just there?

After the first music festival on the Happy Home island, I have not been there to catch the start of another one. Can you see DJ KK ride up on his floating stage again or is he always just there?
As far as I know, DJ K.K. comes around about every six days past when he first comes to the archipelago. Unlike on your own island, it's not every Saturday, though. He shows up past 7PM, and usually Niko will tell you when first arriving if DJ K.K. will be performing tonight or the next night. His schedule is a bit more random there than on your own island, but he never performs on consecutive days.

This is from experience, so I'm not entirely positive what the schedule is. If you see structures being set up on the beach, it most definitely means that DJ K.K. will be performing very soon on the archipelago.

Back