• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Does the game data saves on the cartdrige or on the account?
Neither, it saves on the console. All profiles on the same console share the island, and if you start the game on the same profile on a second console, it'll start a new island.

As far as I know, it gets saved on the console itself.
Neither, it saves on the console. All profiles on the same console share the island, and if you start the game on the same profile on a second console, it'll start a new island.
Perfect. I want to buy a Switch Lite and to start a new island but at the same time I want to pass on the Lite my account, so I was scared I would have got my old island on the new console.
Thanks a lot.

What happens with the villagers if someone resets their game? Do they get voided or just deleted?
They're deleted. Resetting the game requires deleting the save file from the console settings, so there's nowhere that information could be saved.

It's me again! I was wondering, if I invite a villager to move in on my island with an amiibo card and then, I let the villager leave, if I invite the villager again, will the villager remember me or it will count as a brand new villager?

It's me again! I was wondering, if I invite a villager to move in on my island with an amiibo card and then, I let the villager leave, if I invite the villager again, will the villager remember me or it will count as a brand new villager?
It will be a brand new villager. The same thing happens if you find them again on a mystery island after they move out. The only way a villager remembers you is if you invite back the exact same version of them that moved. I hope that makes sense

It will be a brand new villager. The same thing happens if you find them again on a mystery island after they move out. The only way a villager remembers you is if you invite back the exact same version of them that moved. I hope that makes sense
Yes, thank you!

I am missing 2 Nook Miles tasks.

What are the ones to the left of "Faked Out!" and to the right of "Shady Shakedown"?

I am missing 2 Nook Miles tasks.

What are the ones to the left of "Faked Out!" and to the right of "Shady Shakedown"?

Assuming that you're on the latest update version, to the left of "Faked Out!" is "Overcoming Pitfalls." You just need to craft a Pitfall and fall in it.

To the right of "Shady Shakedown" is "Golden Milestone." You get the Achievement card by getting one Gold Tool in your inventory, and you'll have to get all Gold Tools to get all stamps.

I've a question. I've read that villagers will ask to move out after one has left in fifteen days, potentially less. If I move out a villager via an amiibo villager, will the count be reset or is it separate?

newby question, the icon of resident services on the map is a leaf if im correct? wanna know before i start as I found out its the only thing you cant change its location
Thank you!

newby question, the icon of resident services on the map is a leaf if im correct? wanna know before i start as I found out its the only thing you cant change its location
Thank you!
Yes, the leaf logo inside the box. But you wouldn't even need to know, as it's the only logo you'll find on the starting map anyway
e30762bb861b9cc3055f2f5192b53efa.png

What are these items called?

Attachments

• 6567181F-788C-4AA9-90BD-38C7228207BF.jpeg
    6567181F-788C-4AA9-90BD-38C7228207BF.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2F7BDF3A-FDDE-4FEB-A1AB-EB1E7BC0C01A.jpeg
    2F7BDF3A-FDDE-4FEB-A1AB-EB1E7BC0C01A.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Does anyone know when the day is officially loaded? I know in NL it was when Isabelle said “getting everything ready” on the load screen

I’d like to see what my island would look like during cherry blossom season from the title screen without actually time traveling :)

Does anyone know when the day is officially loaded? I know in NL it was when Isabelle said “getting everything ready” on the load screen

I’d like to see what my island would look like during cherry blossom season from the title screen without actually time traveling :)

I think it loads after you press "A" on the title screen. I sometimes check the weather from the title screen, and if it's snowing or raining then I immediately close the game. Then when I play later in the day, the flowers weren't watered so I'm pretty sure being on the title screen doesn't effect the game.

Do message in a bottle show in dream address?

also, second question. What even goes here? I know my critterpedia isn’t finished, but nothing I have caught So far has landed there. It’s the only empty display.

Attachments

• 40F7EE29-F776-4AC0-8650-CFAC6046AB11.jpeg
    40F7EE29-F776-4AC0-8650-CFAC6046AB11.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back