Name Of Animal Crossing Switch?

I like the idea I saw on another post for Animal Crossing Coming Home.

I luv luv luv this idea after they tried with HHD (sucked) and AmiiboFest (sucked) and then pocket camp... can we plz for the luv of arceus, go back to our roots and back to the town feel that we all know and luv!!!

I think it might have something to do with the idea of being able to stay at home or go portable. I imagine it'll stick to the 2 word subtitle formula thus far (Wild World, City Folk, New Leaf, and I guess Population Growing if you count that).

Unless you live here in the UK where City Folk was weirdly named ?Let?s Go To The City?. :mad:

I hope it isn?t called the rumoured Town Founder...urgh.

Animal Crossing: Forest Wonders

Ehh idk tbh. :p

Last edited:
after reading through, I really hope it?s called welcome home or some form of something with home. it sounds so cute.

Unless you live here in the UK where City Folk was weirdly named “Let’s Go To The City”. :mad:

That's actually a direct translation of the Japanese name. City Folk was the title that was actually adapted. Japan is way more into their lengthy sentence-like titles though and it definitely sounds weird in English, but yeah, that's the explanation.

I'd like to call it Animal Crossing: Population Growing, purely to get people to not call the GameCube game that.

The game actually has the subtitle ''Population Growing'' though, so don't blame the people, blame Nintendo.

Anyway when thinking of subtitles for the games, they are always based on the game's features. With Wild World and New Leaf referencing the massive changes and additions to the game. And City Folk/Let's Go to the City of course, referencing the City part of the game. So we can't really make a good guess until we see gameplay I suppose.

Last edited:
^The box has that subtitle as part of the logo (like the 'welcome to' above the sign) but it's not actually a part of the official title! You can tell because it's not on the spine of the case.

The game actually has the subtitle ''Population Growing'' though, so don't blame the people, blame Nintendo.

Anyway when thinking of subtitles for the games, they are always based on the game's features. With Wild World and New Leaf referencing the massive changes and additions to the game. And City Folk/Let's Go to the City of course, referencing the City part of the game. So we can't really make a good guess until we see gameplay I suppose.

It's more of a tagline, not a subtitle.

How would you feel if the game took a Smash 4 direction and we got "Animal Crossing for Nintendo Switch"?
I don't care what the game is called but I would also be not too bothered by that name in particular. At least it's to the point. That's the working title at the moment anyway haha.

Animal Crossing: Unlimited
Animal Crossing: Explorer
Animal Crossing: Crossroads

I feel like there will be more options/things to do so keeping it vague hahaha

Animal Crossing Chronicles: Zed looses another 1500 hours of his life?

Also, hi all. Randomly back because of a random friend request causing an email to come through reminding me I was signed up to these forums :3

No jokes on me.

But, if you explore all around the world of Animal Crossing (No, it’s not going to be visiting other people’s towns) and get flora from places you normally cannot get at your own town, invite villagers you can’t invite at your town normally, and holidays, events and fun stuff you can only do on the other parts of the Animal Crossing World. (Not the website, lol) Think of it as the island, but new additions.

If you can do that, and if it will be the next gimmick in the series (It’s not like City Folk no no) the game will be called:

Animal Crossing: Jet Set Go! (Pun on Jet setting and get set go)

Last edited:
Back