[NA & EU] If you can't change your SSID, use a Smartphone to get BESTBUY items.

I would of thought it would work fine. But you'll obviously be charged for data usage. It takes about 100kB to download an item.
With mostly monthly contracts, you get a data allowance free of charge.

On pay as you go, you dont get the option to set up a personal hotspot from what I've found anyway. I've looked around in all the settings, and its just not there. I also dont have enough (or any) people who need to contact me all the time (or ever sadly...) to prompt me into switching on to a contract.
Unless there is a way to enable personal hotspots on a pay as you go iphone 5, I'm afraid I'll be stuck heading to a store and hoping their Nintendo Zone works.

if I live in NYC can I just go to Nintendo World to claim my gift .___. I'd rather travel then deal with this fancy shmacny internet connecting stuff D:

if I live in NYC can I just go to Nintendo World to claim my gift .___. I'd rather travel then deal with this fancy shmacny internet connecting stuff D:

Probably. I mean of all places, there should be a Nintendo zone there. It's intended to be something you get when you go to an official Nintendo zone. This stuff with changing the SSID is just a trick :)

Oh, wait a minute... Yours are actually a Best Buy thing. So maybe it's only available at Best Buy. But try Nintendo World, you never know :)

I don't have a smart phone either so. Haha no cool stuff for me. |:

Seriously, Ninteno. Why is it so hard to give us these gifts by letting us just use our 3DS whenever and wherever. If New Leaf were a console like Wii U they wouldn't expect us to take it to a best buy. 9_9 There's not even a Nintendo Zone anywhere near me.

I won't be able to do this and I really want the afternoon tea set. Would anyone be able to get one for me please?! :)

I won't be able to do this and I really want the afternoon tea set. Would anyone be able to get one for me please?! :)

They're not out in England for a few more days, but I'll get you one if you don't mind waiting.

Back