• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Video games aren't ****ing sports.

Well, if you want to be really good at those competitive games you can't just sit in a sofa drinking mountain dew and eating doritos. You need to be mentally stable and physical training can help you with that so you can concentrate for a long time, and your brain needs training too.

Heck, they even let this e-sports guy here in Sweden be in this tv show that's only been having "actual" athletes in them which I think is really cool.

But yeah I agree sitting and grinding Super Mario games for hours and calling that a sport, that is not something to be "proud" of lol.

Well, if you want to be really good at those competitive games you can't just sit in a sofa drinking mountain dew and eating doritos. You need to be mentally stable and physical training can help you with that so you can concentrate for a long time, and your brain needs training too.

Heck, they even let this e-sports guy here in Sweden be in this tv show that's only been having "actual" athletes in them which I think is really cool.

But yeah I agree sitting and grinding Super Mario games for hours and calling that a sport, that is not something to be "proud" of lol.

The whole gamer vs casual competition is really stupid imo. In the end, it's just a video game. Who cares which video game you play and how often you play it? It's a hobby and is for fun. I feel the people who brag and make fun of anyone who doesn't put 100+ hours into every game they play have low self esteem so they pick on others to make themselves feel good. It's just a fun way to pass the time. ;w;

ACGC > New Leaf

I don't get why people ask for opinions on which villagers to get for their town. I understand people with town themes but for people who don't, it seems silly. Pick villagers you like, duh. Why do you need help with that?

The waifu smoothing tool thing kills me. Pleaseee stoppp. Especially when people use it on QR codes for clothes. I can't even tell what the outfit is really gonna look like in game because you butchered the image so badly.

ACGC > New Leaf

I don't get why people ask for opinions on which villagers to get for their town. I understand people with town themes but for people who don't, it seems silly. Pick villagers you like, duh. Why do you need help with that?

The waifu smoothing tool thing kills me. Pleaseee stoppp. Especially when people use it on QR codes for clothes. I can't even tell what the outfit is really gonna look like in game because you butchered the image so badly.

Do you mean the pastel edits people do? If so, I agree with you. It annoys me when people pastel everything to be cute or whatever they are hoping to accomplish. It's too light! I can't see! I have to keep squinting to see

Since they don't involve real athletic activity, they really aren't sports.

Well they kinda do, especially if you want to be real good and be able to focus.

And, well some people like it competitive. I don't so I wouldn't really care much for a pro career even if I can enjoy watch certain games on Dreamhack etc. when they air it on TV.

I don't watch much TV either if you compare to most people, and I certainly don't follow like 87 different series be it on traditional TV or online.

I don't really play that many Nintendo games anymore compared to when I was a kid. I feel like they have genuinely gotten easier and they only focus on the graphics rather than making a solid game.

I don't really play that many Nintendo games anymore compared to when I was a kid. I feel like they have genuinely gotten easier and they only focus on the graphics rather than making a solid game.

Not to mention the worst EU distribution...

Seems like everyone loves the rain. I hate it. We have been having rain for the past two weeks. Please make it stop!! I assume it's from Hurricane Matthew but still, ugh.

I prefer summer over winter, I don't like being frozen and I much prefer the warmer weather. The only real down side of summer is the bugs but really that's it. Summer is so warm and nice. (plus I stay inside a lot more anyways and I get cold easy so xd)

1) I really love pretty graphics in a video game but one thing I don't like about it is the wacky camera movement. I know that movement really adds to the excitement but please understand that some of us are easily prone to headaches! :(
2) Jumpscares doesn't always make a good horror film/video game.

1) I really love pretty graphics in a video game but one thing I don't like about it is the wacky camera movement. I know that movement really adds to the excitement but please understand that some of us are easily prone to headaches! :(
2) Jumpscares doesn't always make a good horror film/video game.

Or bad camera angles that you cannot control yourself. Like Lumiose City's cameta angles in Pokemon XY. I couldn't see ****.

Ugh yes to both of the above video game opinions. Compromising gameplay for graphics is not ok.

Or bad camera angles that you cannot control yourself. Like Lumiose City's cameta angles in Pokemon XY. I couldn't see ****.

that large annoying city ugh why did they even add that, ruined like half of the game.

also i don't get why people like thunder. i hate the sound of it and the fact you have to like turn everything off and like stay inside bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back