My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah I don't like going to the movies either. I wish I could enjoy it but I just get huge headaches and sometimes get dizzy if I see a movie in a theatre. ?\_(ツ)_/?

If my friends or family really wanna go then I'll put up with it but I'd really rather not.

I don't like watch series or films online unless I really have to, I prefer going to the cinema or worst case a DVD if I can find it. It's just not the same feeling.

Also I have no problems with gore or bad languages in stuff unless it's overly used.. I mean it's a movie or series/books whatever.. I guess I don't have a weak heart idek. Overly icky surgery scenes can be gross though when they do it slow lol.

I absolutely hate english dubs in anime or games, the latter specifically since they almost always fail to make the game sounding good. If you can't read a game, in particular those "animu" visual novel things, I don't think it's for you if you can't appreciate how it was intended to be.

Also idek why people want dubbed anime, they sound almost as bad and watching anime is not a "multitasking thing while I cook or draw" thing unless it's maybe a kids' show :|

I absolutely hate english dubs in anime or games, the latter specifically since they almost always fail to make the game sounding good. If you can't read a game, in particular those "animu" visual novel things, I don't think it's for you if you can't appreciate how it was intended to be.

Also idek why people want dubbed anime, they sound almost as bad and watching anime is not a "multitasking thing while I cook or draw" thing unless it's maybe a kids' show :|

Idk, for me it's hard to absorb all the action if I'm constantly looking at text.

Idk, for me it's hard to absorb all the action if I'm constantly looking at text.

Care to elaborate? I don't really see how reading mainly dialogues is that hard in containing to what's going on, but maybe I can focus on things at the same time, idek *shrugs*

I just hate how dubs massacre the whole intention and culture of the dialogue and makes the dub "fit in" with eg. an American audience or whatever.

Oh yeah I don't like going to the movies either. I wish I could enjoy it but I just get huge headaches and sometimes get dizzy if I see a movie in a theatre. ?\_(ツ)_/?

If my friends or family really wanna go then I'll put up with it but I'd really rather not.

I dislike movie theaters as well, though I haven't been to one in years.
It's mainly because I'm watching the movie with other people, like there's always bound to be that screaming baby or a chatty group of girls or a kid throwing his food everywhere or a man arguing with someone or etc.

Though I really like the general atmosphere of movie theaters, how they're always dark except for the glow of the movie you're watching, the arcade machines, etc. When I was really little my dad used to always take us to the movies, and there was this really awesome movie theater that was pretty much pitch black except for the glow of these really awesome food containers? Dispensers??? They had behind the counter and some other neat gadgets. I don't remember much about it since I was about 3 or 4, but i remeber it being really cool.
I remember there being an excessively long line to buy tickets though, which luckily the movie theater closest to my house doesn't get nearly as much traffic.

Care to elaborate? I don't really see how reading mainly dialogues is that hard in containing to what's going on, but maybe I can focus on things at the same time, idek *shrugs*

I just hate how dubs massacre the whole intention and culture of the dialogue and makes the dub "fit in" with eg. an American audience or whatever.
Well I do have a hard time focusing.

Well at least that is a valid reason than going "boo hoo i can't read at all because i'm a lazy teenager" or whatever. I don't really have an easy time for that either unless I really like something, should I just go watch whatever mainstream anime I'd just probably ignore it or just lose interest quickly. Part of why I can be picky af and come off as "uninterested as hell" person when people just shove 45 series down my throat when I don't watch much at all.

Weird, I have to have subtitles on everything because I get so sidetracked I loose track of what people are saying.
It's just easier to focus on what's happening for me if they do have subtitles.

Weird, I have to have subtitles on everything because I get so sidetracked I loose track of what people are saying.
It's just easier to focus on what's happening for me if they do have subtitles.

Yeah, since I obviously don't know/speak fluent Japanese I still want the original voices and subtitles is enough for me. Also, yeah the dubs are msot of time unfitting as for voices and actual "translation" just to please whatever audience. And sometimes (mainly kids series dubs) changes names, themes etc. so it become a whole new series or cut out "inappropriate" content like hurr durr we can't show gay couples to an US audience etc.

So yeah my focus issues would be mainly on what the series is about and the story etc. not actually having a hard time reading, that I'm more than happy to do.

Yeah, since I obviously don't know/speak fluent Japanese I still want the original voices and subtitles is enough for me. Also, yeah the dubs are msot of time unfitting as for voices and actual "translation" just to please whatever audience. And sometimes (mainly kids series dubs) changes names, themes etc. so it become a whole new series or cut out "inappropriate" content like hurr durr we can't show gay couples to an US audience etc.

So yeah my focus issues would be mainly on what the series is about and the story etc. not actually having a hard time reading, that I'm more than happy to do.

If it's anime I usually drift towards the dubs/subtitles because I need both to survive or else I loose track of everything and give up.

If it's anime I usually drift towards the dubs/subtitles because I need both to survive or else I loose track of everything and give up.

Lol, aw. Oh well as long as the story and series itself is interesting I can watch it, but yeah lots of cookie-cutter modern things nowadays doesn't interest me at all.

I agree, Nutella isn't that great.

What is wrong with you? :confused:

When I was a kid, all I'd ever eat was burnt food. It had to be desecrated! Don't ask why, my childhood was filled with ups and downs.

I don't particularly enjoy the wind in my face, it ruins my hair and I find it difficult to see.

The smell of tuna is revolting, especially when you've got an individual who opens up a tuna wrap right next to you. Please go away or I'll have to leave the area myself.

I cannot comprehend why some choose to shave their eyebrows off and draw them on.

I cannot comprehend why some choose to shave their eyebrows off and draw them on.

this.. so much. 99% of the time it looks really stupid and ridiculous. if you must have no eyebrows at least just leave them as they are and don't draw like a lil kid on them >>

Well....that's odd!

Fashion among some people I assume. Tbh it looks ugly af.

Also if there is some music that I don't really like it's some bands trying to copy eg. 60s psychedelic and/or folk and adding random noise to their sound picture. Doesn't really sound good most of the time.

Last edited:
I cant stand movies and it takes a lot for me to enjoy one since they drone of for h o ur s and they are basically all follow the same pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back