katie.

Bells
Switch
1827-3218-0503
Red Candy
Cake
Yellow Candy
Chocolate Cake
and it's not the first time this has happened.

just wondered if it's happened to anyone else. i'm so scared my data is going to corrupt :(

mine did this today… i literally sat there like

…don't do this to me NOPE NOPE NOPE
like when i was stuck on the resetti screen for 5 minutes

That happened to me recently. It was terrifying. Hope it's not a bad sign. It would be devastating if my file corrupted.

This happened to me twice last month, but then hasn't happened since. Both times I was out and had no wifi connection and I have to wonder if that had something to do with it? Could just be coincidence. But in any case, it's been over a month and no trouble since.

I was at home when it happened to me. I'm almost sure that I had wifi on.

Well, probably just coincidence then. But like I said, it hasn't happened again, and no problems with my game. I play daily and it's been over a month.

Just remember not to turn the game off....just put it down and walk away....

Alright. Bad things might happen. Someone posted about getting the file corrupted by closing the 3ds while it was saving.

Really? Sorry, I didn't know, this actually happened to me twice and nothing bad happened! I should be more careful of saving now.

Is your SD card full? I noticed that the more pictures I have screenshotted the longer my game takes to save, it also takes a long time to take pictures too.

Why would you ever close your system while it's saving?

I've never had this happen to me, so I can't offer any insight, sorry. Saving has always finished quickly.

Sometimes it lags, sometimes it flashes black for a mini-second, and sometimes the loading train is too long on screen. But it always turns out to be nothing in the end (for now).

Why would you ever close your system while it's saving?

I have sometimes hit the top of my 3DS causing it to close before. I haven't done it while saving though. I white-knuckle my 3DS while saving. xD

Anyway, long saves only happen when visiting another town or when a friend visits me.

Is your SD card full? I noticed that the more pictures I have screenshotted the longer my game takes to save, it also takes a long time to take pictures too.

Ah, I do have a lot of photos so will delete them later.

Thanks for your replies guys, glad i'm not the only one this has happened to :)

This happened to me twice last month, but then hasn't happened since. Both times I was out and had no wifi connection and I have to wonder if that had something to do with it? Could just be coincidence. But in any case, it's been over a month and no trouble since.
Actually, the explanation is quite easy if you think about it, and it really has something to do with Wi-Fi (in a way).

When you play at home and Wi-Fi, you tend to save more frequently because of Porter & friends visiting your town. That way the "saveload" is kept small. However when you are out and playing you don't just tend to "save and continue" once in a while, you can keep playing for hours without saving so once you save in the end, the game will have tons of data to save and it will also naturally take longer. ;)

^ Not always the case, though. The last time my game took minutes to save, I was showing a friend who doesn't play Animal Crossing something quickly. I started up my 3DS, opened the game, showed him a hilarious villager, and then saved and quit. Total play time was maybe 4 minutes.

Actually, the explanation is quite easy if you think about it, and it really has something to do with Wi-Fi (in a way).

When you play at home and Wi-Fi, you tend to save more frequently because of Porter & friends visiting your town. That way the "saveload" is kept small. However when you are out and playing you don't just tend to "save and continue" once in a while, you can keep playing for hours without saving so once you save in the end, the game will have tons of data to save and it will also naturally take longer. ;)

That makes sense, but it was definitely not what happened in my case. I was at a convention and I was logging on to pick up my streetpasses, and basically logging right back out. I played briefly (w/ friends who were there) but we can't have been on more than 5 minutes tops.

Back