My Campsite Trick Experience

nyanicat

Bells
Switch
2648-0736-2787
Hey guys! I thought I would also share my campsite trick experience. It took me 2 days real life time to do this. 45 villagers and 28 smugs later, I found the stupid cat with glasses. First, here are all the villagers I encountered, I always find it fun to read through other people's list so here's mine.
5/12-Jacques(smug)
5/22-Moose (jock)
06/03-Snooty (snooty)
06/15-Peggy(peppy)
06/24-Lopez(smug)
07/07-Julian (smug)
07/17-Chadder(smug)
08/01-Quillson(smug)
08/12-Shep(smug)

08/29-Skye(normal)
09/13-Phil(smug)
09/25-Gayle(normal)
10/06-Ed(smug)
10/22-Keaton(smug)

------------------------------------------
Start date from now on is 05/05 and TT to 05/13 then day by day
05/18-Lucha(smug)
05/26-Eugene(smug)
05/20-Huck(smug)
05/17-Zell(smug)
05/21-Klaus(smug)
05/25-Hippeux(smug)
05/19-Beardo(smug)
05/14-Chops(smug)

05/21-Cube(lazy)
05/21-Ankha(snooty)
05/15-Leopold(smug)
05/19-Rodney(smug)
05/17-Kidd(smug)
05/10-Graham(smug)
*must have missed announcement had to start over at 05/05 after hitting 05/31
05/19-Goose(jock)
05/19-Hans(smug)
05/27-Weber(lazy)
05/16-Curlos(smug)
05/18-Marshal
💔
😭
(smug)

05/17-Canberra(sisterly)
05/18-Lionel(smug)
05/18-Maddie(peppy)
05/19-Walker(lazy)
05/18-O’Hare(smug)
05/19-Bob(lazy)
05/18-Kyle(smug)
05/19-Bill(jock)
05/19-Cole(lazy)
05/19-Tutu(peppy)
05/25-Opal(snooty)*experimented and skipped to 05/17 instead of 05/13
05/15-RAYMOND OMFG KILL ME

I'm not sure if it's because of the recent update, but I found myself getting a new campsite visitor every 2 weeks or so consistently near the end. If it is because of the patch I'm glad they fixed it. I had 0 smugs so I did get an overwhelming favor in smug visitors. Marshal was my 33rd one which was very painful to let go of, but I knew Raymond would be harder to get in the long run through trade or sale, so I decided to leave him behind for now.

It might take some people longer or shorter, it's all RNG basically. I also stopped TTing every few days to talk to my villagers, see if anyone is moving out, and pick up all the weeds because they make me irrationally angry when I see there is a lot of them (anyone else feel this way?).

Would I do this again? Absolutely not. It takes an incredible amount of patience and time to do this. And although I am very happy to finally have Raymond, the hardest part wasn't even doing the campsite trick, it was CONVINCING him to move in and pick the right villager to move out. In my case it was Marina. I don't remember it being this hard in New Leaf, but the card game is basically luck and if you lose you have to start the game over. And sometimes they can just FLAT OUT REFUSE to move in at all! Like how dare you come to my island, say that you wish you can live here and compliment my island to high heaven, and once I invite you, YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY NO BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T COME UP WITH AN ACCEPTANCE SPEECH YET?! After about the 6th time in a row Raymond refused to move in, I promised myself I would send this ungrateful little fart, trash everyday for all of the stress and grief he has given me.

Here is the date for all of the villagers he randomly chose to move out
Beau
Judy
Apollo
Apollo
Phoebe
Ketchup
Goldie
Phoebe
Whitney
Apollo
Dom
Dom
Ketchup
Beau
Goldie
Whitney
Ketchup
MARINA

It took me 2 hours total to both convince him to move in and also get him to pick Marina to move out. Marina went to my friend's island where we will coparent her together, and I finally have this ungrateful little cat on my island. Thank you everyone who convinced me and told me not to give up. Was it worth it in the end? I suppose? I'll never do this process again for sure, but I am glad to finally have him.

Here is a meme I told myself I'd make once I finally got him. This whole thing cost me my sanity and here is an accurate representation of my state
ec743b15f19a63189599ad306b72ab2f.jpg

Last edited:
congratulations!! This was fun to read! the meme ajkhgajghajk
I'm so tempted to do this, I don't have a snooty and I want Ankha, also I went on island hoping yesterday and I'm out of NMTs... Your method seems different from what I've seen, can you link it to me?

Ooh very interesting! I am fascinated/kinda in awe of this method. Congratulations on your meme, and your success! (y)
I did it for around a day and a half, and finally got Raymond yesterday.

I'm too lazy to comb through your list haha, but I never encountered any repeats. Did you? Do we know if it's confirmed that villagers won't repeat in the campsite?

Also- I'm thinking I'll continue for Judy, since I have no snooty, but there's so many more snooties, and the method does become SO tedious after a while lol.

congratulations!! This was fun to read! the meme ajkhgajghajk
I'm so tempted to do this, I don't have a snooty and I want Ankha, also I went on island hoping yesterday and I'm out of NMTs... Your method seems different from what I've seen, can you link it to me?
Thanks for reading! To be honest I only did this because there are only 34(?) smug villagers which is the least amount, so I knew I had the best chance with this. Here is my method!:

I started on 05/05. I time traveled a week so 05/13. Once there, I time traveled day by day until I got a campsite visitor. Once I saw who the visitor was, I walked around my island to clean it up and talk to my villagers. From there I saved, and went back to 05/05, saved, rinse and repeat.
Post automatically merged:

Ooh very interesting! I am fascinated/kinda in awe of this method. Congratulations on your meme, and your success! (y)
I did it for around a day and a half, and finally got Raymond yesterday.

I'm too lazy to comb through your list haha, but I never encountered any repeats. Did you? Do we know if it's confirmed that villagers won't repeat in the campsite?

Also- I'm thinking I'll continue for Judy, since I have no snooty, but there's so many more snooties, and the method does become SO tedious after a while lol.
Thank you! I did not encounter any repeats. And from reading other people's experiences, they have not had any repeats as well. Yeah, I would only do this for smugs as there are less smug villagers total. Even with this, I was slowly losing my sanity and would never do it again.

Thanks for reading! To be honest I only did this because there are only 34(?) smug villagers which is the least amount, so I knew I had the best chance with this. Here is my method!:

I started on 05/05. I time traveled a week so 05/13. Once there, I time traveled day by day until I got a campsite visitor. Once I saw who the visitor was, I walked around my island to clean it up and talk to my villagers. From there I saved, and went back to 05/05, saved, rinse and repeat.
Ohhh I see! This is awesome, I didn't want to do the other method I saw bc of the fear of time-travelling years ahead and being spoiled of seasons, but this is much nicer. Ahhh I think I will try to do it, there are 67 snooty villagers but it's better than island hopping. Thank you!!!!

Thank you! I did not encounter any repeats. And from reading other people's experiences, they have not had any repeats as well. Yeah, I would only do this for smugs as there are less smug villagers total. Even with this, I was slowly losing my sanity and would never do it again.

That's what I thought! I never got any repeats either...
I totally understand losing it a little lol- I got SO tired of Isabelle's "Looks like there's no news to report today!" 😬
The only thing that kept me going though is knowing that once I see a villager I don't want, I don't have to see them again haha.
The repeated villagers are what make island hopping maddening to me.
I think I want to rearrange my campsite a little bit, and may still press on for Judy haha. Who knows!

Ohhh I see! This is awesome, I didn't want to do the other method I saw bc of the fear of time-travelling years ahead and being spoiled of seasons, but this is much nicer. Ahhh I think I will try to do it, there are 67 snooty villagers but it's better than island hopping. Thank you!!!!

Go for it!! :)
And post your results! I think it's so interesting, and we can hunt for snooties at the same time! haha

Go for it!! :)
And post your results! I think it's so interesting, and we can hunt for snooties at the same time! haha
I made my mind, I will!! Gadly there is nothing due tomorrow in my game (I don't like to TT when there is something due next day lol) so I will start soon. Hope you find Judy!!!

i’m yelling you found skye and gayle🥺

congrats on finding raymond!! i don’t think i could ever do the campsite trick bc honestly it would probably uh,, drive me insane lmao

Yeah! I had reached October before I learned that they fixed the issue where you can't get villagers on days you've traveled to. THANK GOD. So I decided to just move back to after may day stuff and not spoil too much for myself.

i’m yelling you found skye and gayle🥺

congrats on finding raymond!! i don’t think i could ever do the campsite trick bc honestly it would probably uh,, drive me insane lmao
I definitely lost my sanity a little bit haha

Could you describe the feeling you had when you walked into the tent and finally saw that stupid, smug, beautiful cat?

Did you question if you had devolved into insanity and had begun hallucinating?

Could you describe the feeling you had when you walked into the tent and finally saw that stupid, smug, beautiful cat?

Did you question if you had devolved into insanity and had begun hallucinating?
Haha sure! I remember I was on a string of non smug villagers. I was slumped down on the sofa, just giving up hope thinking "yea this definitely isn't him". As soon as I went inside the tent and saw him I audibly gasped out loud. I was in shock and had to like verify that I was actually seeing him. I had my boyfriend look at the screen to double check that I wasn't hallucinating. At this point it had been 2 days and an ungodly amount of hours, and I felt my sanity slipping away. So when I saw him, it brought me back to reality.

Wow congrats on getting him! I got pretty lucky in that he was the 3rd or 4th smug to visit my campsite, he asked to kick out Zucker who I didn’t want rid of, but I have his amiibo card so I let him boot takoyaki baby 🤣

Aaaa congrats!!! I did this yesterday in an attempt to get my sweet boy Marshal and I managed it on the 10th try. I want to try to get Gabi next, but I'd have to kick out Audie... :(

Wow congrats on getting him! I got pretty lucky in that he was the 3rd or 4th smug to visit my campsite, he asked to kick out Zucker who I didn’t want rid of, but I have his amiibo card so I let him boot takoyaki baby 🤣
Haha yeah it's pretty much mixed bag. I know some people got him after 104 villagers. Some as early as 2 villagers. It's all luck and RNG

Aaaa congrats!!! I did this yesterday in an attempt to get my sweet boy Marshal and I managed it on the 10th try. I want to try to get Gabi next, but I'd have to kick out Audie... :(
Congrats! Oh man that is quite a dilemma :/ I wish you luck!

This whole experience though isn't as bad as island hopping. Island hopping is way worse, IMO. The pool is bigger, the repeats are horrible and you're spending nook miles per unsuccessful trip.

niceee! we're so lucky to be able to do this now due to villagers not moving out on their own unless you get the ping.

This whole experience though isn't as bad as island hopping. Island hopping is way worse, IMO. The pool is bigger, the repeats are horrible and you're spending nook miles per unsuccessful trip.

right? and this one is FREE. you lose time on both, so why not do this instead if you're willing to tt.

I'll probably do this once I got some amiibos. I'm looking for Kid Cat so I need to boot out Bud (I'm sorry Bud. I still like you though, probably going to amiibo him someday if I missed him) to increase my chances.

And congrats on getting Raymond!

Back