Mafia Monster's Ball Mafia [Game Thread - Endgame, Town Wins!]]

Post automatically merged:

this is a very fun group of people to be in a cell with

already know what you are dealing with, so better roll with it.

Wolf is between you and Ness, I doubt Betsy would be this bold and voting me with the players in this cell.
If you think it's Ness, let me know.

Wolf is between you and Ness, I doubt Betsy would be this bold and voting me with the players in this cell.
nah it can still be betsy. her comment on the SoD being quiet when there’s only 4 of us is super awkward

If I’m being serious for a second I’m kinda thinking Ace is the most awkward player right now.

Morning catch up stuff to leave here before I have to get to work.

Speaking of which who wants to be on my team this game?? All let the first taker choose our club name. :)

Ha! If you were town, oh yeah sure, but my luck you'd be jack the reaper, so no.

I don't know your playstyle, or ace, and with dan I can't tell unless he seems sneaky, so you're all possibles.

Hey, I can be bold! I mostly voted you as you hadn't checked in yet, though, and wanted to see how quick you'd appear after a vote.

. her comment on the SoD being quiet when there’s only 4 of us is super awkward

Well, it's not me, but yeah I'm used to more action d1. And sadly, awkward is not unusual for me...

At this point, I dunno who it is, so leaving my vote alone. If it's dan, I'd be looking for more sneaky/shady pushes. I don't know what to look for in ace/ness. I didn't like how ace appeared fairly quick after voting him, but that has happened before and the person was town in one case. Not comfortable with ness and early alliance push, but that's probably just how I look at things. Could be a good strategy to offer alliance then vote who jumps on it, or could be good strategy to protect himself.

The ace/dan thing feels a bit like geoni/dan, lol, more tradition than tunneling.

Getting to work, back later in the day.

I didn't like how ace appeared fairly quick after voting him, but that has happened before and the person was town in one case.

It's called I got out of work and posted, this site doesn't alert you and no one tagged me, do you really think I'm the kind of person that stalked the thread 5 hours before posting, also what's my plan? Oh shoot someone vote me, better start posting! This is not defensiveness by the way, if you want to leave your vote by all means, but I find your logic flawed.

It's called I got out of work and posted, this site doesn't alert you and no one tagged me, do you really think I'm the kind of person that stalked the thread 5 hours before posting, also what's my plan? Oh shoot someone vote me, better start posting! This is not defensiveness by the way, if you want to leave your vote by all means, but I find your logic flawed.

at the top of the thread you can “watch” it to get notification

i don’t think ace appearing after the vote means much. i think he would’ve posted something before that if he was lurking the thread

i feel like ness has been the most vague and quiet about things so far

Right, I think Ace has had the weirdest start so far. Someone who has played with him semi recently may know this better than I do but this gung-ho style isn’t how I remembered him. Not that this is too relevant but it’s harder for me to read him because of that. First thing:

I'm here!

Hi Daniel!
Vote Daniel <3

This should be easy.
Ness will try some kind of pocket
I'm town this time
So the clear choice is Daniel

Betsy idk.

On paper this would be the strongest start but the need to insist that he is Town in his first post was awkward. Both Dan and Betsy had fairly chilled out vibes to begin with, but I felt Ace was trying to establish himself as town early here in way that is “look at me I’m definitely 100% town.” I’ve done this many times as mafia where I insist that I’m town early without showing it in my actions.

Secondly, I feel that him writing off Betsy for what was essentially a placeholder vote was superfluous, saying that the wolf is between me and Dan feels like it’s manufacturing a conflict. I can’t quote the post since I’m on mobile, but @Damniel him asking you to “let him know if Ness is suspicious” feels like his way of trying to make the conversation a fight between you and I.

Basically, I feel he’s trying to keep himself out of the conversation here by creating artificial conflicts rather than promote discussions.

more to come later I have to get back to raking leaves

Right, I think Ace has had the weirdest start so far. Someone who has played with him semi recently may know this better than I do but this gung-ho style isn’t how I remembered him. Not that this is too relevant but it’s harder for me to read him because of that. First thing:

On paper this would be the strongest start but the need to insist that he is Town in his first post was awkward. Both Dan and Betsy had fairly chilled out vibes to begin with, but I felt Ace was trying to establish himself as town early here in way that is “look at me I’m definitely 100% town.” I’ve done this many times as mafia where I insist that I’m town early without showing it in my actions.

Secondly, I feel that him writing off Betsy for what was essentially a placeholder vote was superfluous, saying that the wolf is between me and Dan feels like it’s manufacturing a conflict. I can’t quote the post since I’m on mobile, but @Damniel him asking you to “let him know if Ness is suspicious” feels like his way of trying to make the conversation a fight between you and I.

Basically, I feel he’s trying to keep himself out of the conversation here by creating artificial conflicts rather than promote discussions.

more to come later I have to get back to raking leaves

4 people

3 towns
1 mafia

I'm one of those people, so 3 left. regardless of my alignment, no one is going to build a case around them on why they should be killed.

I'm not going after Betsy at the moment. So that left two.

You and Daniel, so no matter how you put it, I'll ask people about you two, since we are only 4, I can't ask you why you suss yourself, also I can't do the same with Daniel. So my options are ask each one about the other, or at Betsy into the pool again, which I'm not planning to do atm. Odds we hit a wolf as a team are 25%, from my POV I remove myself, so I get 33%, so removing someone is not optimal, but if I was a goon I get absolutely nothing of it. In fact if you or Daniel are intact the wolf, you can pocket each other for an easy misyeet and kill me.

Not only my play is risky for me, but is never mafia optimal.

Also the I'm town this time is a reference to the last 3 games played here, I was mafia all those times. So at best is NAI.

About Betsy, I think I haven't played with Betsy before...? So idk, but I would rather solve you two first.

There’s a stark difference between “not going for Betsy” and subtly removing her from the conversation.

You made a definitive statement of it either being between me or Daniel and providing an inkling of an opening for Daniel to sus me. That is my qualm with you. If you wanted to make it clear that you don’t understand Betsy right now, you should have said “I can’t read Betsy so she’s null. We’ll keep her in mind later.” This is why I think this post from you is strange.

If you’re town and Betsy is mafia, you’re just giving her a free pass to coast and isn’t helpful. In a town!Ace reality I can understand the thought process of how it’s 1/3, but you’re limiting yourself otherwise.

In a wolf!Ace scenario I see you setting up the wagon to be either me or Dan and jumping on whichever one is most convenient for you, not so much trying to solve our alignments. If this isn’t the case, then you’re going to need to alter your aggressive (no offense teddy love u) style here friend.

I don't see defensiveness as AI either way. Last game I voted someone and their over- defensiveness had me tunneling them. It did not go well (really), and I ended up being wrong.

I don't have a lot to go on here, so I'm more looking for patterns for my final vote, not really single instances. If someone stayed in the background then popped in only for self defense, that would be something to keep an eye on to see if it continued.

About Betsy, I think I haven't played with Betsy before...? So idk, but I would rather solve you two first.

I've only played with dan, as both town and maf. Never played with you or ness. Doesn't help, though, as I still can't read dan. 😅

If you want a laugh, read my last game. The one where I staunchly defended my top 2 town picks (who happened to be maf team) and death tunneled my most sus- who was, well, upset about it, and who ended up town. Same thing game before. So this time I'm not going to be so gung ho on any single thing, and instead try to catch patterns.

@BetsySundrop Regarding the team thing… that’s me trying to pocket u. It’s my strategy every game, Ace fell for it once too!

In all seriousness it’s a running gag for me now. What you can do is join my team… but just never vote me! Although I get to vote you, that’s the fine print.

More to come later, lunch break is over.

There’s a stark difference between “not going for Betsy” and subtly removing her from the conversation.

You made a definitive statement of it either being between me or Daniel and providing an inkling of an opening for Daniel to sus me. That is my qualm with you. If you wanted to make it clear that you don’t understand Betsy right now, you should have said “I can’t read Betsy so she’s null. We’ll keep her in mind later.” This is why I think this post from you is strange.

If you’re town and Betsy is mafia, you’re just giving her a free pass to coast and isn’t helpful. In a town!Ace reality I can understand the thought process of how it’s 1/3, but you’re limiting yourself otherwise.

In a wolf!Ace scenario I see you setting up the wagon to be either me or Dan and jumping on whichever one is most convenient for you, not so much trying to solve our alignments. If this isn’t the case, then you’re going to need to alter your aggressive (no offense teddy love u) style here friend.

Lol. The weird thing here is, it makes me uncomfortable when someone "takes me off the table" early on without reason. Makes me feel I'm being cozied up to, which is probably really dumb, but whatever. I'd rather people question me and actually solve my slot. I know I'm town. But I don't know about anyone else. No offense to anyone, but I'm not taking any of y'all off the table this early (sorry).

@BetsySundrop Regarding the team thing… that’s me trying to pocket u. It’s my strategy every game, Ace fell for it once too!

In all seriousness it’s a running gag for me now. What you can do is join my team… but just never vote me! Although I get to vote you, that’s the fine print.

More to come later, lunch break is over.
😆 I just posted about something similar to that. I see that kind of thing as creepy/sus, no offense personally.

Last edited:

Your logic es flawed, I never set up Daniel to suss you, the same way I said I'll join your team if we killed Daniel. If I found later during the game that both you and Daniel seem to be towny, I would consider Betsy. Which of all people would be the easiest to push. Because both you and Daniel would vote each other before voting with me, call it meta. Speaking of which, I don't look for wolves I look for townies, so it makes perfect sense that I would rather clear someone that suss someone, at least to me.

Also if this was 12 players all around, probably you are right, this is strange but having only four it feels more like end game. Also we were group together manually, so even if he didn't want to Geoni had make some considerations, me not being the wolf, makes me feel one of you also has to, I will not use this as consideration for any of my future reads, but it would also be irresponsible of me to not point it out. Maybe I'm not giving Betsy enough credit, but right now my point stands that I think is either you or Daniel.

4 people

3 towns
1 mafia

I'm one of those people, so 3 left. regardless of my alignment, no one is going to build a case around them on why they should be killed.

I'm not going after Betsy at the moment. So that left two.

You and Daniel, so no matter how you put it, I'll ask people about you two, since we are only 4, I can't ask you why you suss yourself, also I can't do the same with Daniel. So my options are ask each one about the other, or at Betsy into the pool again, which I'm not planning to do atm. Odds we hit a wolf as a team are 25%, from my POV I remove myself, so I get 33%, so removing someone is not optimal, but if I was a goon I get absolutely nothing of it. In fact if you or Daniel are intact the wolf, you can pocket each other for an easy misyeet and kill me.

Not only my play is risky for me, but is never mafia optimal.

Also the I'm town this time is a reference to the last 3 games played here, I was mafia all those times. So at best is NAI.

this cell has 48 hours and 4 players. not focusing on a player so soon is too quick imo. if it was a larger game I would think this is fine but you can’t narrow down the pool in a setup like this

townreading betsy for her vote (which i just see as a null vote) comes off as both TMI and pocket attempt

i am also not interested in “i wouldn’t do this as mafia because it’s too risky” arguments because 1. that’s just a WIFOM battle trying to follow that argument and 2. it’s flipless so maf can actually be more risky

in total, i don’t think betsy (or anyone) has done anything to make me think they’re solid town yet. and we have another 24 hours to discuss and read so I don’t feel an urgency to force a town read

this cell has 48 hours and 4 players. not focusing on a player so soon is too quick imo. if it was a larger game I would think this is fine but you can’t narrow down the pool in a setup like this

townreading betsy for her vote (which i just see as a null vote) comes off as both TMI and pocket attempt

i am also not interested in “i wouldn’t do this as mafia because it’s too risky” arguments because 1. that’s just a WIFOM battle trying to follow that argument and 2. it’s flipless so maf can actually be more risky

in total, i don’t think betsy (or anyone) has done anything to make me think they’re solid town yet. and we have another 24 hours to discuss and read so I don’t feel an urgency to force a town read
What are your thoughts on my posts from earlier, do you agree with any of it?

Do you think anything in particular of Betsy right now?

Speaking of which, I don't look for wolves I look for townies, so it makes perfect sense that I would rather clear someone that suss someone, at least to me
i like this logic at least

What are your thoughts on my posts from earlier, do you agree with any of it?

Do you think anything in particular of Betsy right now?
i think i’ve said what i needed to on ace in that his quick townread of betsy is too unfounded. i agree with the logic of finding town first, so i can see that’s where he was heading, but it feels more forced than a natural progression

betsy i don’t has done much to pull me in either direction so she’s still null. i’d like to hear more of what she has to say given she’s so far said a lot of “i don’t trust anyone/know how to reas anyone” (which i can see given she’s only played with me but i think she could meta read me better at this point)

Last edited:
Back