• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Minor Complaints

Chipped-Teacup

Bells
Tasty Cake
Orange Mote of Flame
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Blue Mote of Flame
Easter Egg
Ancient Lantern
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
One of the things I really love about AC is becoming friends with the villagers, and whilst you can 'hang out' with them, there doesn't seem to be a real option of becoming proper friends with them. Also, doesn't look like you can run around the village either (not the plaza bit with the shops), which again is disappointing. But I might be missing something, so have I misinterpreted the information or is it really like this?

You can still go to your villages' house to hang out with them. The thing is you cannot walk freely in your town because there is actually no map in this game. The purpose of the map is to choose an environment for the villages to build their house, so multiple villages can live in the same area (background). That is why we cannot walk in town, there is no scale.

You can still go to your villages' house to hang out with them. The thing is you cannot walk freely in your town because there is actually no map in this game. The purpose of the map is to choose an environment for the villages to build their house, so multiple villages can live in the same area (background). That is why we cannot walk in town, there is no scale.

Not the same thing though, like they're never gonna send you letters and stuff :). And that's gonna really annoy me haha, but thanks for the clarification!

I think a lot of people are misinterpreting what this game actually is. It isn't another entry into the core series, it's a spin-off with an entirely different goal in mind.

That being said, this game has a lot going for it. While you can't freely explore the world where you set villager's homes/decorate them/visit them individually, you can wander around the shop center and still interact with villagers. I think it's pretty cool to be able to see the villagers with shopping bags as they shop and seeing them work in different venues (school, restaurant, etc). I'm sure you'll have fun with this new experience.

I think a lot of people are misinterpreting what this game actually is. It isn't another entry into the core series, it's a spin-off with an entirely different goal in mind.

Preach it. A lot of people I've seen haven't really come to terms with this being a spin-off, or even know what a spin-off is. Spin-offs are meant to be different than the main series games, so when people complain about how certain main series features aren't in the game it's just like "...".
It's like me saying I love battling gym leaders in Pokemon, but then hating ranger or PMD because they don't have gyms.. They're spin-offs, thats the whole point.

As others have said... this isn't a new Animal Crossing, it's all about the homes, not everything else.

the only thing I don't like in the game are the frikkin cards, I couldn't care less about amiibos and now cards, gimme a break....

Yeah, I wish that the whole home designing thing would be in conjunction with the rest of the normal stuff you could do in ac. Kinda just wish it wasn't a spin-off.

the only thing I don't like in the game are the frikkin cards, I couldn't care less about amiibos and now cards, gimme a break....

you don't need to cards tho. the cards are only needed to decorate the special NPC's (like isabelle, tom nook etc) homes. if you don't have any interest in doing them then you can get by without buying the cards.

I know the cards aren't mandatory but it's still a gimmick I'm not very fond of, I was just expressing my opinion

I respect that it's a spin-off, but it's still technically part of the franchise, and it has lost some of the core values that MAKES the AC series so special :). And the cards are interesting to be fair, I mean I'm super pumped about the Molly card being in the first batch, so I'd get them regardless of if I get the game or not (which I likely will because AC)

Can you down place their houses? Maybe this is Nintendo's response to villagers moving in wherever in Animal Crossing New Leaf...

I respect that it's a spin-off, but it's still technically part of the franchise, and it has lost some of the core values that MAKES the AC series so special :). And the cards are interesting to be fair, I mean I'm super pumped about the Molly card being in the first batch, so I'd get them regardless of if I get the game or not (which I likely will because AC)

This is like a Pokemon spin-off. It has the things that make it part of the franchise, which would be the Pokemon, but each spin-off has its own purpose. Like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games you don't get to catch and train Pokemon, or battle gym leaders, etc. which is what makes the main games of the series, but it still has the Pokemon, which makes it part of the franchise. And the Mystery Dungeon games have their own goal, which is to be a Pokemon and save the world from destruction. Most of the core features that make the main Pokemon games special are what's missing from the spin-off games to be replaced with other things unique to the spin-off, just like with HHD and the main AC games. Here, having a customizable town with villagers to befriend is replaced with designing homes for villagers and other community buildings, making it its own unique game. The whole point of a spin-off is to be alike the main games enough to be part of the franchise, but to have its own special features as to not be one of the main games itself.

I'm not sure if that helped you understand why it's not part of the game and why that complaint isn't really valid, considering it's a spin-off game, but I tried.

Last edited:
This is like a Pokemon spin-off. It has the things that make it part of the franchise, which would be the Pokemon, but each spin-off has its own purpose. Like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games you don't get to catch and train Pokemon, or battle gym leaders, etc. which is what makes the main games of the series, but it still has the Pokemon, which makes it part of the franchise. And the Mystery Dungeon games have their own goal, which is to be a Pokemon and save the world from destruction. Most of the core features that make the main Pokemon games special are what's missing from the spin-off games to be replaced with other things unique to the spin-off, just like with HHD and the main AC games. Here, having a customizable town with villagers to befriend is replaced with designing homes for villagers and other community buildings, making it its own unique game. The whole point of a spin-off is to be alike the main games enough to be part of the franchise, but to have its own special features as to not be one of the main games itself.

I'm not sure if that helped you understand why it's not part of the game and why that complaint isn't really valid, considering it's a spin-off game, but I tried.

Uhuh I got it :p just one of the many people who dislike change tis all

This really isn't meant to be a full game at all. While it would be nice to walk around and befriend villagers, the point of the game is to design houses and make the residents happy, not to play the game as a full entry in the series.

Back