• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Party - Favourite game & Mini-games?

Groovycat64

I like pie
Bells
Switch
7825-4240-5809
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Cake
Yellow Candy
As I'm sure all of you know, Mario Party has been a long running series for decades now, and has given myself and others hour upon hours of enjoyment over the years. So, with the trilogy of the Mario Party games from the N64 soon coming to Nintendo Switch Online, I want to know, across every single Mario Party that has ever been released, what is your favourite Mario Party game?

And equally as important, what are your favourite mini-games across all the games? It can be any from any of the many game mode categories; 1 player, (item mini-games) Duel, 2 vs 2, 1 vs 3, 4 player, Battle mini-games, Bowser mini-games, DK mini-games, Microphone mini-games, Story mini-games, Bonus mini-games, anything. Doesn't have to be from the original game if you've been playing Mario Party Superstars or Mario Party: The Top 100.

For me, my favourite Mario Party is probably Mario Party 3 for the Nintendo 64. It was an incredibly fun game that had amazing mini-games, very memorable game boards, cool new items, also, I seriously believed this game seriously helped popularize both Waluigi and Daisy, who were new characters added to this game (though they appeared in other games). Also, if you have any favourite game boards, feel free to list them as well!

Favourite mini-games (in no particular order);

- Dunk Bros. (Rare) - Mario Party 6
- Beach Volley Folley (Extra Room) - Mario Party 4
- Face Lift (Battle) - Mario Party 2
- Moped Mayhem (Extra Room) - Mario Party 8
- Shy Guy Says (4 player) - Mario Party 2
- Eatsa Pizza (2 vs. 2) - Mario Party 3
- Locked Out (Battle) - Mario Party 3
- Vine Away (Duel) - Mario Party 3

And many others!

So, what's your favourite game and your favourite mini-games?

My favorite is Mario Party 5 because of Koopa Kid being a playable character. I have a soft spot for Mario Party 4, though. It was my first one. I had many fond memories of that game, including the first time Daisy swapped her zero stars with my seven. It wouldn’t be the last time either. I banned her as a CPU player.

For mini games, I really like Paths of Peril just because I’m good at it. Otherwise, I don’t have a preference. However, I hate certain mini games and there are a select few I won’t even attempt if they are selected.

Most of them from GCN era I'd say, they were the best of the series.

Ground Pound Down, Tube It or Lose It, Mowtown, Daft Rafts, Garden Grab, Clean Team, Rocky Road, Granite Getaway, Cannonball Fun, Peel Out. To name a few.

Mario Party 6 I believe. There were multiple maps and quite a few options to use to change up the game.
Particular mini games don't stick out in my memory.

My favorite game has to be MP9 purely because of nostalgia, and my favorite minigames are as follows:
Toad and go Seek (9)
Tragic Carpet Ride (IT)
Chain Chomp´s Lava Lunge (Boss from Island Tour)
Hop Til You Drop (Island Tour, my all time favorite from that game)
Pushy Penguins (Top 100)
Paths of Peril (Top 100)
Study Fall (DS)

7 is my favourite, and 6 is great too.
7 has so many classic 4 player minigames, like Fun Run, Take me Ohm, Track & Yield... mmm
Sadly it also has one of the worst minigames ever... Cointagious. Which you just press A and either get 0, 1, 2, or 3 coins.

Mario Party 6 all the way! I had both 6 and 7 growing up but I played 6 way more and it’s my favorite to this day!

I love the day/night cycle and how it can affect how certain boards/minigames work
I also think this game has the strongest aesthetic of the GC Mario Parties and I really love how even the minigames have day/night versions (some minigames in their nightime versions just look so pretty)

I also think that MP 6 has the best and most refined item system as how they worked in past games just didn’t make sense to me while in ones like SMP it’s not as fun since you can’t lay traps for others to land on
Like in MP 5, if you laid an offensive item on the board, your opponents could trigger it… and you! Wtf why?? It’s my item, it shouldn’t harm me too! ;-;

Anyways, some of my favorite minigames would be:
  • Strawberry Shortfuse (MP 6)
  • What Goes Up… (MP 6)
  • Sizzling Stakes (Super Mario Party)
  • Daft Rafts (MP 6)
  • Wrasslin’ Rapids (MP 6)
  • Granite Getaway (MP 6)
  • Snow Brawl (MP 6)
  • Dunk Bros. (MP 6)
  • Dizzy Rotisserie (MP 6)
  • Scaldin’ Cauldron (MP 5)
  • Coney Island (MP 5)
I’m probably missing some but these are what come to mind! 😁

i’ve only played mario party superstars so far, so i guess that one’s my favourite haha. i’ve only played it a handful of times (but i’m hoping to get to play it more often this summer now that i have a bit more free time), but i’ve had a lot of fun with it! i’d love to play some of the previous games some day if i ever get the chance.

i haven’t played all of the mini-games in mario party superstars yet, but my favourites so far are:

bombs away
bumper balls
sneak’n’snore
honeycomb havoc
paths of peril
leaf leap
pushy penguins
monty’s revenge
tackle takedown

Mario Party 2 has always been my favourite. I think the extra outfits for each board really helped set it apart from future games. It's also got my favourite board - Horror Land!

For minigames, my favourites are (in no particular order):

Face Lift
Hexagon Heat / Mushroom Mix-Up
Look Away (the Superstars version)
Bumper Balls
Pushy Penguins
Flash Forward
Sneak n Snore
Crazy Cutters

Mine's 3, since that's the one I played the most as a kid. For my fave minigames they are absolutely "Vine with me" and "Eatsa Pizza"

Back