• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Marina or Zucker....who to choose?

Ami Mercury

Bells
Cake
Silver Mailbox
I am actually considering letting one of my villagers, Marina the Octopus move out. Why? Because, even though I let Skye move in to fill up the male/female ratio, I am still sad I don't have a Lazy villager. The only real way I could get one is to let a villager leave, and the only one I can really part with, and keep an animal of that species that I like in my town, is to switch out Marina with Zucker. Both have their pros and cons, but I am not sure if I should have Marina leave and take Zucker. So I will leave it up to you all to decide.

Marina:
Cuter
I have spent quite a few bells on stuff for her

Zucker:
Lazy personality
Slightly less popular (yes this is seriously a reason I am considering him!)

Who should I go with? Post a comment below, stating who and why.

Last edited:
Even though Marina is adorable & one of my favorite villagers, her house exterior is what makes me not want her in town. I'd swap her for Zucker.

I really like both, but I'd say keep Marina.
I'm not really fond of the lazy villagers, so of course I'm going to prefer Marina. :)
Good luck on your decision.

I like Marina more, and I'd keep her if I were you, especially if your only other reason besides needing a lazy for wanting Zucker is his unpopularity.

I like Marina more, and I'd keep her if I were you, especially if your only other reason besides needing a lazy for wanting Zucker is his unpopularity.

I said that is ONE of the reasons I want him. I like his design, but I like Marina's more, but I have seen his house, and like it better than Marina's. I am really attached to Marina....(No literally she's hugging me and the suckers on her tentacles won't let me go!)

I really don't want a town filled with nothing but major popular ones (I really hate towns like that!), but there are some popular ones I like that I have (Ankha and Marina), as well as a LOT of lower favorites such as Hopper (my favorite), Hans (how is he not popular..HE"S A YETI!!!!), and Ribbot.

I really don't want to let her go, but I don't have a lazy. I wish they would release a patch for the game allowing an 11th villager.

Last edited:
I understand you have other reasons, but if you really love Marina you shouldn't let her popularity affect your decision. Even with her popularity, she's still pretty rare, octopi in particular are rare to get. If you really think Zucker will add to the diversty of your town, you should get him. I just think Marina is unique enough as it is.

I like Marinas' design more… Zucker scares me a little. sooo I mean it's really just a matter of taste. I know a lot of people like Zucker.

I agree though that it's fun to have a variety of personality types. And I agree you should have an octopus cause their animation is adorable. Just saying. Goodluck deciding!!

I wouldn't let the popularity sway you too much. Remember it's your town and you're the one who's going to be in it all the time. what someone else on the internet thinks about you having or not having some arbitrarily popular visiter isn't that important, what you like best, is. :)

Zuckeeerrrrr.

IMO, I think he's cuter and I love the lazies. He also has a very creative name (named after an octopus' suckers AND named after a food at the same time) and a creative design. I love his freckles x3

Zucker is cute and his house is pretty cool but i had him for a while and i got tired of him.

Zucker is super cute and really imaginative! Altough, him changing clothes ruins his look a little bit and getting Flan Shirts isnt all that easy. While Marina can look cute in many other outfits.

Id still probably go for Zucker.

If you need a lazy villager, get Zucker.

His design is a takoyaki, which is basically octopus ><

If you already have Marina.. keep her, however I'd recommend you to switch somebody for a lazy. They're lovely to have around

I'd keep Marina, and swap one of your duplicate personality villagers out for Zucker.

Heck, throw in Octavian and get the full octopus set! :p
(I'm kidding, sorry.)

Still, why not have both? They're both well-designed, and have appealing personalities.

I said that is ONE of the reasons I want him. I like his design, but I like Marina's more, but I have seen his house, and like it better than Marina's. I am really attached to Marina....(No literally she's hugging me and the suckers on her tentacles won't let me go!)

I really don't want a town filled with nothing but major popular ones (I really hate towns like that!), but there are some popular ones I like that I have (Ankha and Marina), as well as a LOT of lower favorites such as Hopper (my favorite), Hans (how is he not popular..HE"S A YETI!!!!), and Ribbot.

I really don't want to let her go, but I don't have a lazy. I wish they would release a patch for the game allowing an 11th villager.

1) Zucker is extremely popular, like Marina

2) If you're attached to her, don't let her go. I let Rosie go because I thought I wanted this other villager, and I regret it.

Definitely Zucker. I have had them both in my town, as they were both once dreamies, and to be honest, I ended up hating Marina. Zucker is still in my town, but isn't a dreamie anymore.

Back