• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Manhunt Is So Sick....

Fabio said:
I'm 15, and by ESRB standards I shouldn't be playing any M rated games, but the guys at Gamestop let me play Gears with them all the time. >_> They even recommended a few M games to me. We're living in a society of censorship, but it's very rarely enforced, or at least in my case. Basically EVERY gamer I know has killed a policeman on GTA, blown someone to **** in Gears/Halo, I mean... Violence is just fun. Those people at Gamestop shouldn't let me buy M rated games, but they do because they want my monies. NO ONE there asks me for my parents. No one.
My people at my local gamestop ask, but they already assume im like older, thanks to my hight.

:D

I really don't like too many M rated games though, my parnets are always weird around me when im playing them, like im gonna become obsessed and do stuff like in the game.

Like I'm gonna save the world from a covanant alien invasion.

Gengar said:
And, Parental permission or not, this game could easily turn a teen into a criminal or something if they liked it enough.
Yes, becasue I play RE4 I'm going to run off to Europe, find some Spanish speaking cult and start blowing their heads off with shotguns.

Mine were at first, but I just say "Oh, it's only aliens!!!" "Oh, okay son, go kick some ***." They don't ask me because 1) deep voice, 2) I go there a lot, and they know how I do it up.

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:
And, Parental permission or not, this game could easily turn a teen into a criminal or something if they liked it enough.
Yes, becasue I play RE4 I'm going to run off to Europe, find some Spanish speaking cult and start blowing their heads off with shotguns.
Dude, your so bringing me along with that.

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:
lol

C'mon, I don't want to start arguements or anything like that. I didn't say "The kids might want to COPY EXACTLY what happens in the game, and perform it in real life!!!1!!"

I said they possibly have a greater chance of becoming a criminal. Possibly. You can't argue that playing a game like manhunt can't slightly or more than slightly increase criminal or dark-sided behavior.

And this is all only IMO. I don't want to go off starting a big discussion about what I think, here.

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:
RE4 is nothing.

Fabio said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:
RE4 is nothing.
I know, I didn't say it was. My post was more of a joke then being serious.

There have been studies like this. There is defintive proof that video games are not a contributor towards murderous intentions.

You know what the major causes are?
Parents
Society
Television.

No video games.

dragonflamez said:
There have been studies like this. There is defintive proof that video games are not a contributor towards ous intentions.

Parents
Society
Television.

No video games.
Some one needs to tell Jack Thompson that.

OddCrazyMe said:
dragonflamez said:
There have been studies like this. There is defintive proof that video games are not a contributor towards ous intentions.

Parents
Society
Television.

No video games.
I think many people have...

OddCrazyMe said:
dragonflamez said:

Parents
Society
Television.

No video games.
OR kill him

dragonflamez said:
OddCrazyMe said:
dragonflamez said:

Parents
Society
Television.

No video games.
OR kill him
DFLAMEZ WATCHES BAD TELEVISION!

:eek:

j/k

YogurtBandit said:
GTA definetly could influence pepole...

But what Bul said was right, Its wether or not their minds can handle it.
This is why I dont bother to talk with anyone of you about Grand Theft Auto.

I mean, it does matter about your mind. As of me, Ive played GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, and I've had no impulses to do anything in it.

And I saw a Manhunt video and I didnt have a urge to throw up either.

Now Halo or Fable or any other GTA games that have a M rating just tap it. The blood and the sexual themes. Not much impulse could be there.

GTA has car-jacking, blood, sexual themes, drugs, explosives, etc. etc.

Now most people wont have a problem with Halo or Fable as they would to GTA and Manhunt.

It just depends.

Halo and Fable =/= GTA and Manhunt

Halo and Fable have the violence and sexual themes because they actually have a purpose in the game. You can't fight an alien invasion with... you know... fighting them.

But with GTA and Manhunt, it's different. You kill and do perverse things JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT. That's totally different. It doesn't add on to the game... the game is BASED on these immoral principles.

Okay, one thing I've been saying for a long time is that if someone is crazy enough to reenact some things video games portrait then there is something wrong with that person, not necessarily the game. Honestly, it's not like there is any person who was sane to begin with that would go out and torture someone.

JJRamone2 said:
Okay, one thing I've been saying for a long time is that if someone is crazy enough to reenact some things video games portrait then there is something wrong with that person, not necessarily the game. Honestly, it's not like there is any person who was sane to begin with that would go out and torture someone.
Agreed, but you have to wonder how sane the developers of such games as Manhunt are. Or rather, how insane they are...

Bulerias said:
JJRamone2 said:
Agreed, but you have to wonder how sane the developers of such games as Manhunt are. Or rather, how insane they are...
Not insane, would you call Stephen King insane, or any horror writer insane, by that matter just because they've written a gruesome story? Of course not, it's just that video games is like all the other "bad" things that went down in history like Comic books, Rock and Roll or Rap but they're all excepted now. It's just this is something people can complain about right now and soon it will be accepted when something new rolls along.

Back