Mafia Mafia Disconnected [Unofficial ~ Night One!]

With Nick recently landing a new job as head engineer at a rising communication company, he and Andrew relocated to the small town of Bexington. Clearly not known for a heavy population of residents, Bexington had earned its spot on the map for being at the top of modern communication developments.

Not five minutes into his walk to work, Nick received a call from Andrew. The call came in rough and static-y which seemed like an odd occurrence in such a technologically advanced town. The few words that Nick was able to make out made it seem as though Andrew wasn't just calling to wish Nick good luck on his first day. Nick started to rush home refusing to hang up hoping that the call would become clearer.

"Help...Black...Vans.......Driveway," were the few words Nick could make out.

Rounding the corner, Nick could barely make out the scene going on outside his house just a few blocks down. Upon getting closer, he noticed several black vans blocking the driveway, the front door had been swung open, and there was a pile of broken glass on the front lawn presumably from a shattered window.

Nick was about to rush into the house and find Andrew, but a ruckus coming from the second floor bedroom caught his attention. He heard screams and glass shattering; a table was thrown out the window. After the table came Andrew's body: hands and feet tied together. Andrew's body hit the glass-covered concrete with a thud. A pool of blood slowly seeped out of his wounds.

Fearing for Andrew's life, Nick quickly rushed over the body laying motionless on his driveway just seconds after seeing it thrown effortlessly out a second floor window. It was clear Andrew was long gone. Voices could now be heard from the front door. The criminals were about to come out Nick's home.

Fearing for his own safety, Nick ran to the backyard. After calling the police, Nick decided to check out the alarm system that was supposedly "state of the art." Of course, every wire was cut; every camera was smashed, and to top it all off, the whole system was charred. Someone apparently attempted to set fire to it.

During his inspection of the alarm system, Nick didn't hear the footsteps from behind. Within a second, he was blindfolded and tossed in the back of a van.

When the police showed up, not a soul was around.

Nick and Andrew, the Mason Pair, were not expecting this at their new home.

Nick said:
Mason
You have recently moved into Bexington. Not in the brochure of this small, peaceful town, however, are the Communication Cutting Criminals (CCC) who are threatening to turn Bexington into a communication-less ghost town. Being new to the town, you don't know a single soul; everyone seems suspicious to you except for your partner whom you moved here with.

Connections
Andrew - Mason Partner

Andrew said:
Mason
You have recently moved into Bexington. Not in the brochure of this small, peaceful town, however, are the Communication Cutting Criminals (CCC) who are threatening to turn Bexington into a communication-less ghost town. Being new to the town, you don't know a single soul; everyone seems suspicious to you except for your partner whom you moved here with.

Connections
Nick - Mason Partner

It is now an Extended Night Zero. You have 33 hours to send in your actions.

HI BLUELEAF

Yay, Private Messages are allowed this game!

Okay now.
So we're all connected with some other player in some way...

Is it possible that the Mafia are Connected to Town in some way?

Oh cool, I almost just assumed it was no PMs at this point but it's refreshing to see PMs again. Time to play on the IRC. c:

Also inb4 we die if our hidden partner dies or gets disconnected or something.

haha oath died
hi friends
will night end early if all actions r sent in
btw nick respond to my texts >:l

WELL LET'S START AN IN-THREAD DISCUSSION

Does anybody have some bad feels to start out with?
I personally don't, but still.

In past games with allowed PMs, most people, me included, have gone off talking to others via PM, and that was largely debilitating. I know Tina really didn't like the fact that there were hardly any in-thread conversations in past games, as it doesn't really allow for much analysis unless if the person (usually randomly) accused states that they've been PMing a person and then shares those PMs. So, even though PMs are allowed this game, I'd still like for there to be a lot of in-game conversation that comes with this privilege. So yeah.

I believe that at least Dad will be a big target for tonight.

I do too. Everyone get on IRC so I can PM the heck out of all yall before I die.

WELL LET'S START AN IN-THREAD DISCUSSION

Does anybody have some bad feels to start out with?
I personally don't, but still.

In past games with allowed PMs, most people, me included, have gone off talking to others via PM, and that was largely debilitating. I know Tina really didn't like the fact that there were hardly any in-thread conversations in past games, as it doesn't really allow for much analysis unless if the person (usually randomly) accused states that they've been PMing a person and then shares those PMs. So, even though PMs are allowed this game, I'd still like for there to be a lot of in-game conversation that comes with this privilege. So yeah.

I believe that at least Dad will be a big target for tonight.

PMs are handy for people like cops, who can tell a town person their results. Or for vigs wondering who to shoot.
But since this game is different than others, I'm not sure if PMs will be that handy. I don't like PMs as town anyway so I tend to avoid talking to anyone privately in the beginning until I have a good read on them. But yes most people dislike PMs. People rely on them too much for blues, but this isn't the thread to discuss about PMs.

Why isn't this the thread to discuss PMs if you're going to say PMs aren't useful in the game? You don't really know that, especially since you can get a lot of information from them. It's a more conversational format and demands people to be quicker to respond, rather than make tricky and elaborate posts on the thread if they're mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also we can't forget your slip in Majora's Mask redux, tsundere. lolol

Why isn't this the thread to discuss PMs if you're going to say PMs aren't useful in the game? You don't really know that, especially since you can get a lot of information from them. It's a more conversational format and demands people to be quicker to respond, rather than make tricky and elaborate posts on the thread if they're mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also we can't forget your slip in Majora's Mask redux, tsundere. lolol

I meant the whole question if PMs are useful or not. That would be something for the mafia general thread. But for this game, since this is all about connections then there isn't much use for PMs. I mean maybe it's useful to PM whoever you're connected with and get a read from them but that can easily be done in the thread. I also don't like circles where someone has a lot of information, because it always leaks. Always. Even if they're town, they'll probably tell someone else. Yes PMs are good to get info from people whether you're town or mafia, but it leaves everyone else in the dark. It's a double edged sword. (is that the saying?) But idk I'm someone who's against PMs so I probably have a biased viewpoint.

Hey you thought I was town in Majoras I was doing ok =(

- - - Post Merge - - -

also lets not forget how easily you trusted me in cell <3

@Blu: I don't have much strange feelings, doubt there will be a lot on Night 0.

Speaking of PM's, if the player is posting actively in the thread, I don't mind whether they PM or not, they can be really helpful at for finding scum. I, and I'm sure other people would appreciate it though if private information is revealed at some point in the game.

Back