Lush Cosmetics?

Dasbreenee

Crystal Gems!
Bells
I haven't ever seen a post around about Lush Cosmetics, so I was just wondering if anyone around here used them?!
If anyone doesn't know what they are, it's a cruelty free cosmetics store where everything is either vegan or vegetarian. Some products are pretty costly, but they use organic materials to create their products. Their items rage from bath bombs, to face masks, lotion, to makeup and perfume as well. I've started to really get into lush within the last year or so.

Personally I spend so much money at lush, and sometimes I have to stop myself from buying because I'm broke!
I just figured if anyone else was interested this could more or less be a post to talk about the products you love or give them reviews. I'm also part of a few pages on Facebook where you can sell or trade items. So if anyone is interested in that sort of thing they can message me. I'm always looking for new items. :)

How are their bath bombs? Always debated on whether or not I should buy one...

I absolutely love them. One of my favorite items, along with most people haha.
My favorite bath bomb is a Christmas/Halloween only item called Lords of Misrule.
But for regular bombs I would suggest Avobath if you like citrusy scents. To me it smells like fruit loops Cereal.
It has avocado in it along with Shea butter that makes your skin crazy soft, along with lemon grass.
Big Blue is a good one, but most people hate the clean up. It has bits of sea weed in it. But I fell asleep instantly after using.
And Phoenix Rising is amazing. It was my first ever bath bomb. It's rumored to be getting discontinued. It turns your water the color of a dark wine almost. It starts purple and eventually it gets the the middle which is mint green. It is cinnamon scented with a real cinnamon stick in it! It also has gold glitter to shimmer your body a bit.

They're a little on the pricey side but they're great in quality and smell amazing. I think it's worth a shot! If you don't like the first one you don't have to buy anymore.

They're a little on the pricey side but they're great in quality and smell amazing. I think it's worth a shot! If you don't like the first one you don't have to buy anymore.

Yeah, exactly! I find it more of a, instead of buying clothes and video games like most people do when they have extra money, I buy Lush haha.
They're cheapest and one of their most popular bombs is the Butterball. It's made with lots of moisturizing traits, and I believe it's only 5 or 6$ compared to most of the 7-10$ bombs. I have noticed almost everything is cheaper in the UK when prices are converted though.

I use some of their face products! I've been using them for years: the fresh farmacy cleanser, tea tree toner, vanishing cream moisturizer, and from time to time, the ocean salt exfoliator. They've been hiking up those prices though...

I use some of their face products! I've been using them for years: the fresh farmacy cleanser, tea tree toner, vanishing cream moisturizer, and from time to time, the ocean salt exfoliator. They've been hiking up those prices though...

Yes, that's the only problem. But as a person who buys stuff like moisturizers and such once a year, I think it's worth paying a bit more for good quality and natural ingredients.

I tried ocean salt for the first time a few days ago. Made my skin so incredibly soft. But it burned a bit. So I may try out the self preserving formula.
My currently routine is Angels on Bare Skin, Tea Tree Toner, and Imperalis. I didn't know what moisturizer to get so I just started with the cheapest. Turns on I need either vanishing cream or Enzymion because my face is oily and the others are too heavy! And my favorite is Mask Of Magnaminty. It's so refreshing and smells amazing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, that's the only problem. But as a person who buys stuff like moisturizers and such once a year, I think it's worth paying a bit more for good quality and natural ingredients.

Yeah. I thought 25$ was crazy for a 1.5Oz pot of moisturizer. Turns out I need the more expensive ones which are about 50$. But when you actually have that 1.5oz pot in your hand you're like "there's no way I can use all this" it's a lot when you barely need a pea sized amount!

I think it's worth it too, since it's working pretty well for me. Though the specific moisturizer I get costs somewhere in the $40 range, so it's a bit ridiculous. But that's exactly why I use the vanishing cream moisturizer! My face leans towards the oily side of the spectrum, so it's not too heavy.

Don't they have shampoos too? I heard they did, but I don't know too much about them.

I think it's worth it too, since it's working pretty well for me. Though the specific moisturizer I get costs somewhere in the $40 range, so it's a bit ridiculous. But that's exactly why I use the vanishing cream moisturizer! My face leans towards the oily side of the spectrum, so it's not too heavy.

Don't they have shampoos too? I heard they did, but I don't know too much about them.
If it's something you can use on your body they have it.
I do want to try vanishing cream because I have like the oiliest T zone.
Their shampoos and conditioners saved me. I have such thin oily hair that gets crazy gross after one day of not washing.
As of no I use "I love juicy" and then their solid shampoo bar called "montolbano" both which are made for oily hair. And then, the holy grail. Veganese conditioner. It's made for oily hair so it's extremely light, not heavy at all. So light I could almost leave it in without rinsing. My hair can now go two days without washing and it won't be oily! Which is so great for me. Ya know cause you're not supposed to wash your hair too often or it strips the natural oils and makes your hair dry. And then I use the dry shampoo for days where I feel like it may be starting to get a tad oily.

My favorite bath bomb is a Christmas/Halloween only item called Lords of Misrule.

I still have one from last year. Occasionally I smell it like someone might huff paint.

I'm also obsessed with anything Karma scented.

Lush gets way too much of my money. It all started with a shampoo bar, which led to a solid conditioner, which led to some soap, which led to etc etc. Once a sales associate finally convinced me to try a bath product (scary!) all hell broke loose. Now I pamper myself too much and seem very high maintenance.

I'm considering buying a shampoo from Lush now. I don't know if it will work well on my type of hair, though.

EDIT; Wow, $30 for a shampoo!

Last edited:
If it's something you can use on your body they have it.
I do want to try vanishing cream because I have like the oiliest T zone.
Their shampoos and conditioners saved me. I have such thin oily hair that gets crazy gross after one day of not washing.
As of no I use "I love juicy" and then their solid shampoo bar called "montolbano" both which are made for oily hair. And then, the holy grail. Veganese conditioner. It's made for oily hair so it's extremely light, not heavy at all. So light I could almost leave it in without rinsing. My hair can now go two days without washing and it won't be oily! Which is so great for me. Ya know cause you're not supposed to wash your hair too often or it strips the natural oils and makes your hair dry. And then I use the dry shampoo for days where I feel like it may be starting to get a tad oily.

Yeah, definitely get a sample of the vanishing cream to see if it helps with the oiliness! That sounds great, though. Luckily, my hair isn't too oily. I used to wash my hair daily, and when I would skip a day, my hair would get so greasy. For me, it was just a matter of washing it too much, and my hair compensating for the loss of oils, etc. You know the deal. I can go about 3 days without washing my hair now since I rarely leave the house during the summer. I should look into their shampoos though.

What do you guys think about their makeup products? I wanted to buy a lipstick but I don't want to spend $25 for something that may or may not suck.

i never had any of their products but i always hear really good things about them. :)
hope i can try something out soonish.

I'm considering buying a shampoo from Lush now. I don't know if it will work well on my type of hair, though.

EDIT; Wow, $30 for a shampoo!

That's for the big bottle! Try a smaller bottle or a solid shampoo bar. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

What do you guys think about their makeup products? I wanted to buy a lipstick but I don't want to spend $25 for something that may or may not suck.

I've never tried them but I hear they are extremely extremely pigmented! Very high quality I hear. I don't wear makeup much. Maybe some mascara here and there. But never from lush.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I still have one from last year. Occasionally I smell it like someone might huff paint.

I'm also obsessed with anything Karma scented.

Lush gets way too much of my money. It all started with a shampoo bar, which led to a solid conditioner, which led to some soap, which led to etc etc. Once a sales associate finally convinced me to try a bath product (scary!) all hell broke loose. Now I pamper myself too much and seem very high maintenance.

Ah lucky! My friend is the one who bought me Lords of Misrule and I absolutely love it. I just never got the chance to get another because the were sold out. I hope it comes back this holiday. It's so popular they'd be crazy not to.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, definitely get a sample of the vanishing cream to see if it helps with the oiliness! That sounds great, though. Luckily, my hair isn't too oily. I used to wash my hair daily, and when I would skip a day, my hair would get so greasy. For me, it was just a matter of washing it too much, and my hair compensating for the loss of oils, etc. You know the deal. I can go about 3 days without washing my hair now since I rarely leave the house during the summer. I should look into their shampoos though.

I tried Big shampoo which has huge chunks of salt in it. It's for volume, which with my flat oily hair I thought would be good. But the salt seemed to burn my scalp a bit. I think my skin is just really sensitive or something haha.

I love Lush, and like American Apparel, there's a reason stuff is so pricey, fair wages and good ingredients.
My favorite thing is probably the sea salt mask, but I love the bath bombs and lip scrubs too.

I love their bathbombs <3
Every time I go shopping at a certain chopping centre, I pass a lush shop pretty much devoted just to the bath bombs. Even if I'm not planning on buying anything, I end up going in anyway because the entire shop smells amazing. There's like a bubble of amazingness surrounding the shop that draws people in

I love Lush, and like American Apparel, there's a reason stuff is so pricey, fair wages and good ingredients.
My favorite thing is probably the sea salt mask, but I love the bath bombs and lip scrubs too.

Honestly. I think once you buy so much of it, it's feels like it's not even expensive anymore. XD

Back