• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Lucid Dreaming

Have you been able to lucid dream?

• All the time!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Rarely

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Never, but I wish I could

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Never, I don't want to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

.: Meri :.

-love brought me some eternal petals-
Bells
Switch
1708-1067-1998
Island
Lostglade
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
In a lucid dream, you become aware that you're dreaming, and typically gain some amount of control over what happens in your dream as a result. I was able to lucid dream when I was younger, but I haven't been able to pick the skill back up as an adult. It's something I'd really like to be able to do again, because I occasionally suffer from distressing dreams that lower my quality of sleep, but the only other method I know to try involves waking myself up in the middle of the night... which doesn't sound like an ideal path to better sleep quality. 😅

Feel free to share your thoughts on lucid dreaming, your experiences with it, and methods that work/don't work for you! c:

YES okay so back when i was like 14 i read something on tumblr about how """easy""" lucid dreaming was and it wasnt. i tried for like a solid 4 months and nothing happened. and now they happen to me a lot. not like "nightly," but i'd say like at least once-twice a month.

I'm in a bit of a curious spot where I'm often able to recognize when I'm in a dream, but I've never been able to exert control over it. There's a metaphor here somewhere.

I've heard that writing your dreams down as soon as you wake up is a good way to start, but I've never tried it.

I may have lucid dreamt once as a kid, but I’m not 100% sure. I often realize I’m in dreams in my dreams but forget it a second later so I don’t have free will. I would love to lucid dream again? but I’ve never really put in the effort to induce one yet.

I’ve never been able to lucid dream, but I wish I could. It seems pretty cool.

If it counts,

Ive been dreaming none stop about being an angler fish in an open ocean. Ocassionally an animal comes by I can talk too. But other wise its just me. A lonely little angler fish sometimes talking to a dolphin or shark. One time a seaturtle

I dont know why this has been my dream. But its so weird.

It doesn’t happen that often but I like it when it does happen.

I think it happens half the time? Sometimes I believe I realize I'm in a dreams but I still sit back and just watch what happens 🤷‍♂️

I do think I've been able to affect my dreams somewhat, but only in like this one weird scenario.

1. I go to bed whenever.
  2. Wake up some time that's in the daylight, like 8am.
  3. Go to bed again because I'm too tired and don't want to wake up.
  4. Proceed to wake up again at like 11am.
  5. If I'm lucky, in that 3 hour time period, I will have a very vivid dream and if I'm really lucky, lucid dream it.

Maybe like once? But I can't remember, so it's possible it never happened. I usually don't figure out I'm dreaming, and if I do, it doesn't last much longer. I'm also lucky if I even remember my dream.

YES okay so back when i was like 14 i read something on tumblr about how """easy""" lucid dreaming was and it wasnt. i tried for like a solid 4 months and nothing happened. and now they happen to me a lot. not like "nightly," but i'd say like at least once-twice a month.
I feel like we read the same tumblr post now. 💀 Anyway, I tried but I wasn’t able to force it. However once in a while, like every few months I might have one, or I might gain control in the middle of a dream. It’s rare but it happens.

These days I don’t dream in my sleep too often at all. I dunno how to feel about that. When I was growing up for some reason had a lot of repeat dreams about being in this really tall fort with zombies trying to climb in and I had to jump in a void in the middle.

Sometimes, and i think it's fun, when it get too complicated or stessful in the dream, i remember it's not real and i can do anything like fly away or make people disappear.

I used to when I was a teen and I hated it. All I could focus on was breathing but your body controls your breathing while you sleep so it was like I couldn't get enough air?

I don't think I can lucid dream, but for some reason, sometimes I can rewind my dreams? Like if something bad happens, sometimes I realize I can redo things for a better outcome 😆

I think I have once before but no if I realise it’s a dream I wake up but tbh I haven’t dreamt recently

I don't really dream. Its rare when I do dream so I end up remembering bits and pieces of it. I don't think I've ever had a "lucid dream"

I've never been able to lucid dream, but I'm intrigued by the concept and wish I could sometime to see what it's like for myself.

Yep, I'm able to lucid dream whenever I want and have been able to since I was a kid!

Unfortunately, the setting for most of my dreams happens to be zombie or monster apocalypses though...

I don't lucid dream, but there are times I wish I could! The idea of being able to control your dream has always fascinated me.

Back