• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Looks or personality when it comes to villagers?

Dorian

Bells
Switch
3338-6902-7891
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Be honest :) For me, it's all about.... BOTH! I do enjoy unusual eyes and I am a SUCKER for buck teeth and freckles. So for me, it's all about faces like Katt, Carmen, Vladimir, Cole, Frobert and who can forget Hazel's EPIC win: buck teeth AND unibrow. Talk about finding the unicorn (no offense, Julian).

But a winning personality also goes a LONG way. Whether you prefer snooty or normal, jock or lazy.... and suddenly I am smelling a skunk outside..... why don't they make skunks on AC!!

So what wins you over when questing a dreamy?

I do tend to lean more towards looks than personality, but sometimes the personality wins me over. Like with Graham I thought he was a little wierd looking but he totally won me over and now he's one of my oldest residents!

I have Graham in BonBon! Isn't he adorable? I fell for him instantly.

For me it's rather species first (I tend to dislike hamsters, most goats or koalas etc) as i have my favourites *then* looks (in respected species, if i won't find someone interesting I'm starting to look at species I may overlooked) then personality (as afer all, they are saying always the same dialogues, althought I prefer normals, snooty and peppy before cranky or jock)

Last edited:
It's looks and personality; but personality first. Give me three deers: Deirdre, Fuschia and Fauna. Fauna is a no-no because uchi is the best personality. Then I get the decision of who from Deirdre and Fuschia. Probably Fuschia, but it all depends on the town.

Personality is a huge factor, I'd rather have someone to tell me stuff about food than have someone flirt with me, there's almost no chance of me going with the smug, no matter how good he looks.

I've been going primarily for looks alone so far.

If I was going primarily for personality, Tex would have been long gone for being a jerk to the other villagers.

Of course, an unusual name or gimmick can also influence my choice. I do intend to keep Agent S because of that.

Both are a factor for me. I love smugs but I think Pietro is the creepiest thing ever. I think Felicity looks absolutely adorable but I don't like peppies. I guess it just kinda depends.

I think personality has been the most important factor when it comes to choosing my dreamies. My favourite personalities are normal, peppy, lazy and smug, though I also like the other personalities. All of my dreamies have one of my four favourite personalities - Eugene is smug, Felicity is peppy, Alfonso is lazy, and Melba and Poppy are normals.

Villagers' catchphrases, houses etc. are also important, because they're one of the main things that makes each villager unique. One of the main reasons why I really like Alfonso is because of his catchphrase. It'sa me! And although she's not a dreamie because I've never had her before, I think Hazel's catchphrase is cute because of her unibrow.

Appearance also matters, but not as much as the other stuff I mentioned. I think Poppy is cute, and even though he's not a dreamie for the same reason that Hazel isn't, I think Marshal is cute, too. I also like villagers with unique designs, like Stitches, Pietro and Rocket.

I don't mind what species a villager is, but I have found that I like cats, koalas and squirrels more than the other species.

Last edited:
Looks! I like all of the personalities, except for smug. Smug guys are kinda "eh" to me. I just want a bunch of adorable animals living in my town. :)

Both.

I didn't get the big deal about Apollo at first because he's not "cute", but since having him, his personality is great. He's the village grandpa hahaha.

And someone like Scoot, he's pretty ugly and looks like he has underwear on his head, but that makes his jock persona that much funnier.

Looks, to be honest. If all of the characters had certain independent personality traits, I would lean more toward personality, but since everyone in the same personality group is essentially the same dialogue-wise, I tend to go with who looks better to me.

I have to echo what yukikotobuki said just above me. I go for looks over personality when it comes to dream villagers. I greatly favor unique designs like Coco, Drago, Ribbot, and Stitches. There's only so much dialogue these characters can offer up, so appearance traits are the defining factor.

as for what villagers i choose to be my dreamies, i take into account the character's overall theme, associations i make regarding them, how the villager contributes to the vibe of the town, and definitely visual appeal. personality type does factor in, but it's a pretty intricate matter, obviously.

as for whether or not i like a villager, i suppose looks are the most important. but the combination of looks and personality can often be a crucial element. for instance, if a character has a personality type that sort of mismatches the appearance, i may find them endearing. (tabby and rodeo come to mind)

i also find myself loving almost every smug. but a few of them, like graham, just kind of creep me out. :/

Pff I'm all for looks, they're game characters and were designed to look the way they were and while some people have fetishes for things like unibrows, buck teeth, etc, I'm not one of those people. XD I'm literally so cruel like when an ugly villager moves in my town I hate on them so hard and say the meanest things. XD

And someone like Scoot, he's pretty ugly and looks like he has underwear on his head, but that makes his jock persona that much funnier.
haha, i think scoot is adorable! i'm pretty fond of cute tiny species jocks, it's amusing when they brag about how buff they are.

Looks probably, but I don't like it when I have too many villagers of the same personality type. I once had three normal villagers and three smugs and it got dull real quick.

I've always gone for interesting looking dreamies. I'd love to have Drago, Phoebe, Ruby, and Kabuki just 'cause they're so... different.

Back