Artwork Limited-palette Fossil Pixel Art Pattern

Ribiveer

Yeah!
Bells
Switch
2090-1035-4066
User Title Color Change
qr.jpg

I'm finally trust my pixel art skills enough to share something, so here's a pattern I made!
emoticon.png

I use it for a sign marking my fossil garden (I don't want to go to the museum every time, so I bury them all in one spot with a sign next to it)
Here's the QR-code!
And here's a high-quality preview of the pattern!
preview.png

Last edited:
Nice idea, burying them until you're ready to assess them. Mine crowd my drawers and floor until I have no where else to put them X)

Off topic, but wheredid you get/how did you put the ACNL emotion in your text? I keep seeing people do it but I have no idea how to. Is it somethin you download?

Last edited:
Nice idea, burying them until you're ready to assess them. Mine crowd my drawers and floor until I have no where else to put them X)

Off topic, but wheredid you get/how did you put the ACNL emotion in your text? I keep seeing people do it but I have no idea how to. Is it somethin you download?

You keep seeing people do it? That's really interesting, I'd like to see where other people have used it!

I actually made a php thingy that has images ripped from the game and converts them to emoticons automatically by removing the background and resizing the image. (The background is suposed to be already transparent, but it doesn't work for some reason and I hate php now)
In the original post I used the url http://des8bit.com/acnl/emoticon.png/?emote=flourish&size=20
with the names of the emotions after emote= in lower caps (and underscores instead of spaces) and the size as an integer after size=.

So yeah, that's basically it. For an extra example, here you have "shrunk_funk_shuffle" with size "128":
emoticon.png

Oh neat!

I think I've seen them on tumblr before.

On Tumblr I think they might just be small images that are pasted there. You can tell by right clicking an image, and opening it in a new tab. Then, if you look at the url, you can see wether the image is from tumblr, the bell tree forums or some other site.

emoticon.png
download.png

Here are two identical images next to each other. One goes down if my website does, he other is linked to the bell tree forums. (for if you want to test it out)

Oh I see now. To insert the image, I type out the URL?

I'm not tech savvy and I use a phone as my computer I don't recommend it nor do I like it

Last edited:
Oh I see now. To insert the image, I type out the URL?

I'm not tech savvy and I use a phone as my computer I don't recommend it nor do I like it

Example: type something like this [IMG​]http://des8bit.com/acnl/emoticon.png/?emote=sneezing&size=512[​/IMG]

emoticon.png

Omg it did the thing. I forgot the end slash in the [/IMG] at first wow.

Last edited:
emoticon.png

Omg it did the thing. I forgot the end slash in the [/IMG] at first wow.

emoticon.png

Nice! I did notice you spelled size as szie, so that's why your emoticon is 37 in height and not 28. I fixed it in the quote above to demonstrate. Have fun with the emoticons!

Last edited:
Lol little clap emotion nice

Omg how did I do that? And it still worked? Anywho, thanks for taking the time to continuously explain to me how it works! I'm slow when it comes to tech stuff.

Lol little clap emotion nice

Omg how did I do that? And it still worked? Anywho, thanks for taking the time to continuously explain to me how it works! I'm slow when it comes to tech stuff.

No problem! I actually had been secretly waiting until someone asked how I did that, I can be an attention seeker sometimes on that front.
On that note, here's the list of emotes that exist. they're all in lower caps and with underscores instead of spaces, because I'm bad at php and have no idea how to negate that:
  • aggrevation:
    emoticon.png
  • agreement:
    emoticon.png
  • anger:
    emoticon.png
  • bashfulness:
    emoticon.png
  • cold_chill:
    emoticon.png
  • curiosity:
    emoticon.png
  • daydreaming:
    emoticon.png
  • delight:
    emoticon.png
  • disagreement:
    emoticon.png
  • disbelief:
    emoticon.png
  • distress:
    emoticon.png
  • fearful:
    emoticon.png
  • flourish:
    emoticon.png
  • glee:
    emoticon.png
  • greetings:
    emoticon.png
  • happiness:
    emoticon.png
  • heartbreak:
    emoticon.png
  • inspiration:
    emoticon.png
  • joy:
    emoticon.png
  • laughter:
    emoticon.png
  • love:
    emoticon.png
  • mischief:
    emoticon.png
  • mistaken:
    emoticon.png
  • outrage:
    emoticon.png
  • pride:
    emoticon.png
  • resignation:
    emoticon.png
  • sadness:
    emoticon.png
  • sheepishness:
    emoticon.png
  • shocked:
    emoticon.png
  • showmanship:
    emoticon.png
  • shrunk_funk_shuffle:
    emoticon.png
  • shyness:
    emoticon.png
  • sighing:
    emoticon.png
  • sleepy:
    emoticon.png
  • sneezing:
    emoticon.png
  • sorrow:
    emoticon.png
  • sunniness:
    emoticon.png
  • surprise:
    emoticon.png
  • thought:
    emoticon.png
  • worry:
    emoticon.png

Last edited:
These are all so nice! And I can't blame ya, I feel the same way about stuff like that too (mostly when my mom or sister ask me about ACNL or ACPC).

Yo this is cute as heck and EXACTLY what I need for my blathers room.
Is it possible for you to recolor the light cyan colors to just some plain ol? white for me?

(P.S. I?m 110% gonna start using those emotions you listed out around the forums they are my LIFE!)

Yo this is cute as heck and EXACTLY what I need for my blathers room.
Is it possible for you to recolor the light cyan colors to just some plain ol’ white for me?

(P.S. I’m 110% gonna start using those emotions you listed out around the forums they are my LIFE!)

Sure thing! I haven't played ACNL in a while and I can't right now either, so I'm going to use an online tool to do it. I'll post a QR when I'm done, but I'm not sure if it'll work...

Does this work?
WxltJIH.png

Last edited:
Back