• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

♡☆Island of Kwamboo☆♡

Island/Town Name
Kwamboo
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Orange
Native Flower
Hyacinths

BambieTheMayor

Have a lovely day!
Bells
Switch
4462-8312-5134
Red Cosmos
Coco
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Lobo
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Yellow Candy
poppy intro.PNG

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my official journal of the Island of Kwamboo!
I sincerely hope you enjoy my adventures on making this island my perfect home, for both me and my villagers!
This is my first time creating any kind of journal/update of my island, so hopefully I am able to keep this up to date! I am not sure of a complete schedule, however, I will make sure to make an update to this journal once I finish a project, or something big on my island happens!
I will also try to take a pretty picture of something on my island every day, and add it to my log as well.

Again, I hope you enjoy learning about Kwamboo!
Derwin.PNG

My island was started on March 20th. I hopped into my island without a plan in mind, or a goal set -- besides getting my dreamies, of course!
For a long time, I have considered my island almost complete. I had worked on it for two months straight, organizing everything just how I liked it, having the villager houses lined up perfectly. My island was at 5 stars, and the only things I had left to do were to finish the museum, get the rest of my dreamies, and finish my flower breeding.
However, as the days went on, I got more and more dissatisfied with the work I had put into my island. It was pretty, yes, and it got its fair share of compliments... but I wasn't happy. To me, it just felt like a lot of random things in random places... just to fill the space that was there.. and I was tired of it.
Ten days ago, I decided I was going to start anew. However, I didn't want to lose my dreamies or lose the progress in my museum. Instead, I planned to manually destroy everything, and build from the top.
For ten days, I have been moving all of my residents' houses to the beach so that I could fully prepare and have plenty of space to renovate the island. Today the last house, Beau's, is being moved, and I will be able to wipe everything!
So today, I say farewell to the old Kwamboo. It served me a lot of memories, beautiful pictures, and bonds with villagers that now live far away, but I will never forget.
However, a new Kwamboo that will bring me new memories, pictures, and bonds with villagers I hope stay forever, will be born. And I hope you, dear reader who happened to click on this thread, will enjoy the adventure as much as I.
Well... this wasn't very basic information, was it? My apologies for getting side-tracked! Let's move on to dreamies!
dreamies.PNG

My dreamies are all special to me in some way. Whether it be a villager newly introduced in New Horizons, or a villager that I've been in love with since my first introduction to Animal Crossing game, New Leaf, I will love and cherish them all. Though many of the villagers on this list are quite well known, I hope to bring light to some of the forgotten villagers I love, who don't get the attention they deserve.

The following are dreamies I have obtained:
Poppy - This normal type squirrel was my first Animal Crossing best friend. I loved her sweet personality, how she would always discuss reading with me, and she was always the character to want to cheer me up if I was feeling down. She's incredibly cute and gets the attention from the community she deserves, which makes me happy to know she's universally loved. She was the second dreamy I obtained in New Horizons, and I never want to let her go!

Drago - This goofy alligator is themed after a dragon -- and considering that I've always loved dragons, I fell in love with Drago's design in New Leaf! To top it off, his personality is so aloof and adorable, I can't help but fall in love with him. He was the first dreamy I obtained; as I am fortunate enough to have his amiibo card. Although he is moving away soon so that I can have another slot open for dreamies, I plan to immediately scan him back in!

Lucky - Unlike most of the recurring from previous games villagers on this list, I didn't fall in love with Lucky until recently. His design and interior are extremely cool to me. In my opinion, he is probably one of the best villagers in design/house concept. To match, he is incredibly sweet and a wonderful dog to have around the island. I love him so much!

Derwin - Ah, my sweet Derwin. I remember exactly when I fell in love with this nerdy duck! He ran to me in New Leaf, crying because Colton told him about something that scared him. I remember in that moment, I swore to protect the poor baby with my life. Derwin definitely deserves tons of love! He is totally underrated. He is the cutest villager, and I'm very happy to have him apart of Kwamboo.

Molly - When I was playing New Leaf, I had a time where I completely reset my island. As apart of the first 5 in that village, I fell in love with Molly instantly. She is amazing, incredibly cute, and very sweet. Although she is last on this list, she is definitely my favorite villager of all time. I love her so much, and she is a perfect addition to my island.

The following villagers I have yet to obtain, but I plan to in the near future!
Grizzly - Grizzly was my second ever Animal Crossing best friend. He was apart of the starting 5, along with Poppy, in my first ever town in New Leaf. His grumpy exterior is unmatched by how sweet he truly is on the inside. Although intimidating at first glance, he really is a sweet 'ol teddy bear, and I love him so much. I sincerely hope to get him back soon... I want Poppy and Grizzly back together again!

Fang - The same as Molly, Fang was apart of the original five in my New Leaf reset. I fell in love with him instantly. I have always loved wolves, especially silver ones, so his design reeled me in instantly. However, his cranky yet sweet attitude allowed me to fall in love with him even more. Similarly to Grizzly, despite appearing like a big bad wolf, he really is a sweet puppy on the inside. I love him extremely, and am incredibly excited to have him on my island!

Raymond - Yes, like most of the users on this thread, I have fallen in love with Raymond. However, my reasoning for loving him so much is definitely a strange one. He reminds me incredibly of my real life dog, Barkley. The both of them have heterochromia, and my dog's personality is very sassy, similarly to Raymond's smug type personality. Every time I see Raymond, I can't help but think of my dog, and love him even more.

Judy - Ever since I was a kid, I have been obsessed with astronomy. Although my passion lies in my current major, Psychology, astronomy would be a definite back up career choice. I love studying the stars, constellations, and edited pictures of the purple/blue skies with stars glittering about. So, when I learned that Judy was the villager form of everything I study in the night's sky, I was hooked. I am looking forward to hunting her for my island soon!

Audie - Besides pandas, my favorite animal is the fox. I'm obsessed with watching YouTube/Twitter videos about domesticated foxes happily playing in their homes. I was always disappointed that Animal Crossing didn't have a solid panda villager (Sorry Chester/Pinky fans! I am just personally not a fan of them!), but when they came out with an adorable villager based on a fox, I was absolutely in love. Plus, I loved watching the video of the Animal Crossing veteran, and think it's incredibly sweet of Animal Crossing to name a villager after her. I'm a sucker for her backstory!

Thank you for reading through this wall of text! I apologize if it was too much; I wanted to be thorough for my first post! Please expect updates as soon as tomorrow; I'll be excited to have the space to work on my island, so I'll most likely be excitedly sharing my progress!

As a closing, I'd like to post a map of Kwamboo before I started moving houses out of the way. This will be for two reasons: One, as a memory to the old Kwamboo, and secondly, so I can showcase how far it has come in the future.
Although I am sad to see the progress go, I am excited to see where my imagination takes me, and I hope you are, too!

kwamboo.PNG

day1.PNG

Day 1 of Kwamboo's Resdesign
Surprise Visitor: Flick
Villagers Moving Out?:
tumblr_inline_o19d5vQKhH1stmbqz_500.gif

Villagers Moving In?: N/A

My first day of redesign... didn't go too much as planned.
The day started kind of late (later than I'd care to admit) due to missing my alarm. However, once I finally woke up, I immediately began my daily chores.
It was pretty simple and mind-numbing stuff -- picking up branches, checking to see who my daily visitor was -- getting excited because it was Flick -- and talked to all my villagers, including saying farewell to Drago. I'll miss you buddy... for the three days I'm not scanning you back in, anyway.
However, once I got to my flowers, the day really started to get busy.
Usually, I don't really get the chance to have five people come over to water my flowers. Yesterday was a different story. I was able to get together enough of my friends to water my flowers; and the results showed.
Finally, I am proud to be the owner of a purple pansy and black cosmo! Now I only need four flowers in the game (purple tulip, purple windflower, green mum, and... of course, the blue rose)! I was absolutely excited.
Today's plan was now to give away my endless amounts of red hybrid pansies. I invited the same friends back over to water, and told them that in return, I would give them hybrid pansies (as many as they wanted, with a maximum of eight).
My sister only wanted six, and so did one of my friends. My girlfriend didn't want any (but I snuck the extras onto her island later that day... don't tell her!) I only had one friend that took the maximum, and he was happy to do so.
There was a small party on my island for a bit, my friends came to explore my island and seek out some shops. I even snapped a cute picture of my friend and I near my home, which I decided to use for the picture above!
Once everyone left, I stopped by his island to help him water his flowers, which he kindly gave me a bag of 99k bells in return. I was also able to buy a red claw-foot bathtub for my catalog that I found sitting in his shop. Always a good day when you can add something to your catalog!
Once I got home, I started to clean up the messes from my now-empty villager plots. I had them lined with terracotta paths, so I wiped all of those away. Then, I started to destroy the river, completely covering it up. Although it was a pretty river, it didn't really work with my theme. Sorry, river!
I also had waterfalls at the entrance, which I also completely got rid of. All of this covering up, cleaning, and laying out took around 2 hours (granted, this was around dinner time, so I took a break about half way through).
After everything was destroyed, I also cleared the paths in the main portion of my island. I had custom paths laid out -- and despite liking them, I don't think I'm going to use them as paths. I have other plans for them!
Once that was finished, I was finally able to start laying out the ground work. I told Tom to remove a bridge that was in my way, as it's the center of my island and I plan to make a proper center piece there. I then started to pave the entrance, laying out proper paths to Residential Services and creating a plot for Timmy and Tommy's shop.
Once I finished pathing everything, I quickly ran back to Tom Nook, where I requested the building be moved. I plan to finish decorating their plot tomorrow, and hopefully that will be my first finished project.
Now that all of that's finished and there isn't really much I can do, I'm calling it a good day, and allowing myself a rest. However, tomorrow will be even busier than today. I have more flowers growing, the building moving, the bridge being destroyed... and on top of all that, Drago's plot will be open, which means I need to start island hopping!
I'm excited to see where this adventure takes us from here on out! This is just the beginning!

Back