• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

island name help needed! (planned theme included)

pick an island name!

• fairlight

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • fairpine

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • fairbell

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • bluebell

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • bluewind

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • seaholly

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • lunaru

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

popstar

Bells
hello guys! i'm sorry to make another one of these threads haha but i'm really needing some help to narrow down my list

my planned theme is cottagecore (aesthetic based around the visual culture of an idealized life on a western farm, common themes include sustainability, gardens, farm animals, rural living, and nature) pastel colours (mainly pink), lots of greenery and bright flowers, wooden furniture and forests

villagers will be ideally along the coastline, in a sort of boardwalk / village area close to the shops and town hall!

please help me! :D

the names i've got are:

fairlight
fairpine
fairbell
bluebell
bluewind
seaholly
lunaru

I like Fairpine the most for that more rural, farm life.

Bluebell also reminds me of a farm (due to it being a dairy company irl) so that's cool as well

The ones listed are all nice though

Fairlight is a really cute name, and it sounds the most like a real place.

i picked lunaru, but i should have picked fairlight. i feel like some of the names you've picked would be a bit difficult to achieve a cottage-core aesthetic with. you said that you plan to have the villagers live by the sea, but then where does the cottage-core come from? is it your play character(s) that'll live that aesthetic out? i think names like bluebell, bluewind, seaholly, and fairpine are a bit restricting with that theme; bluebell and bluewind makes it seem like you need to have a blue airport and use blue flowers when you want a more pink aesthetic (?) while seaholly is a bit more tropical-y than forest-y sounding, and fairpine is a bit too forest-y for a place that has a beach surrounding it on all sides. i think fairlight is really lovely sounding (just imagine playing at night and seeing all the fireflies) and goes with both the forest and beach part of the island. lunaru is really nice to say and like fairlight, doesn't feel as tied down to a specific aesthetic, but it does feel like it may restrict you to night time if dreamcodes are still a thing. i feel like i should have voted for fairlight now oop-

i completely forgot about fairbell. i think it's really cute as well, and prefer the sound of saying it over fairlight. i feel like it sounds less mystical/magical than fairlight, and more like a real life place. idk if that's a good thing or not though, like it's not bad but idk if you wanted a more magical sounding name or realistic.

Last edited:
I’m heavily biased toward Fairbell (for personal reasons), but also think that it objectively fits your theme really well. I like the sweet simplicity of the words—it really suits that quaint, wholesome setting you’re trying to achieve!

Fairbell because it was the one that caught my attention right away.

your town theme sounds wonderful! all those names sound great but fairlight and fairpine caught my eyes the most!

I voted fairbell because its the best name and the one you should pick.

:cool:

I picked bluebell because its a beautiful flower and I think it would make a really strong motif for qr codes, town flags etc.

My vote goes to Fairbell, as it sounds very good as a island name and also fit to the theme you want to use in my opinion.

thank you for all of your replies and votes! :D to answer a few things:

i plan on having the island split up in half somewhere.. the area near the airport will be the more urban and planned half of the island, with straight paths and streetlights etc, i plan to have some kind of boardwalk with the shops and villager houses lining the boardwalk (i'm not 100% sure on the houses here yet but this is my plan so far is to create a little village in the urban half) - the other half of the island will be more natural with more winding paths, orchards and forests with hidden picnic areas, i also hope to have a windmill / hay area with some farms using QR codes and fences! :D

i see that bluebell has the most votes so far, i didn't even think about my town flag etc so that could work really well, although bluebells are hard to draw in my opinion :( blue is my second favourite colour after pink so that's also good, i think fairbell and fairlight might be the most neutral names that i could use for my theme, so narrowing it down to those 2 helps a lot!

thank you so much again to those who have posted and voted so far! please feel free to continue doing so! :D

Back