• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Is Mario Party: Island Tour Online Multiplayer?

Mya

-
Bells
Is there a feature where you can play over broadband internet in the new Mario Party or no?

I'm still getting it when it comes out in the uk but it's dumb af to not have online multiplayer

Hope they add it eventually. There really isn't a reason not to. hope they path it in like in mario kart 7.

In my opinion, Nintendo is out of touch with its audience outside of Japan. They've had great opportunities to include online multiplayer/co-op in the Mario Party series and Super Mario 3D World, but they assume every country is like Japan where video games are hot items and everyone has neighbors and friends that can play locally with each other. Not the case. Nintendo's very old-fashioned in that sense. Not good for such a forward-progressing, fast-paced market.

I purchase games for the full experience because I feel like that is included in the price. If I'm unable to achieve that, then I won't buy the game. There were missed opportunities in the more recent Mario Party titles and 3D World in terms of online play that have prevented me from purchasing the games. Maybe when the prices drop, I'll consider it.

Can't wait to get this tbh (comes out on the 17th in UK)
Whilst people often criticize the games, i always have fun playing the multiple mini games etc, regardless of how many mario party's they release :')

In my opinion, Nintendo is out of touch with its audience outside of Japan. They've had great opportunities to include online multiplayer/co-op in the Mario Party series and Super Mario 3D World, but they assume every country is like Japan where video games are hot items and everyone has neighbors and friends that can play locally with each other. Not the case. Nintendo's very old-fashioned in that sense. Not good for such a forward-progressing, fast-paced market.

It's Nintendo of Japan that has the problem. I'm sure NoA/E would gladly be a lot more up to date with the audience in their respective regions if NoJ would let them.

Back