• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is it only for the N3ds XL?

PeeBraiin

Happy Pride!
Bells
Switch
6980-8546-6496
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Toy Hammer
I have a 3ds XL and I really wanna play it but I don't have the newer version. Will there be a version for the regular 3ds?

It can be played on any 3DS. If you want to use amiibo cards you just need to buy an NFC reader.

[size=-2]The only difference between a 3ds/XL and the newer one is the scanning capability, some new buttons/toggle and some other (in my opinion) non-major adjustments. You can still play the game, but if you're talking about being able to scan the cards or any amiibos, you'll have to either get the new one or buy the seperate NFC reader, like Mirukushake said.[/size]

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I think they'll be releasing a bundle pack with the game and nfc reader. At least I'm hoping c:

I saw the NFC Reader(19.9usd),the game(39.99usd) the bundle(49.99usd) on Gamestop but not the price for the bundle on USAmazon. Maybe you can preorder the appropriate package..

If you are not buying the amiibo cards, then you do not need the NFC reader, you can design the villagers who appear in the town or rather outside your office. Just that none of the 17 Special Villagers will appear in the New Town.

So this means I can play it on the 2DS too, because it's compatible with 3DS games, right?

Does GameStop have the bundle preorder? Because if so, I know what I'm getting next month... >:3

Which bundle are you referring to? They do have the game + NFC reader bundle, but they don't have the New Nintendo 3DS XL bundle as Nintendo of America hasn't confirmed it for release yet (assuming you live in North America by the mention of GameStop)

Back