Giveaway Interest Check for a thread about average pricing of items

Would you like the thread mentioned in the post to be created?

• Yes please! [Please fill in the questionnaire! I'd love to hear your views on this!]

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No thanks...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qwerty111

in spain without the p
Bells
Switch
0356-6562-7610
Yellow Cosmos
Mint
January Birthstone (Garnet)
White Rose
White Tulip
White Pansy
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Feedback
100% (60) +
[Mods, I had literally no idea where this should go, so please move it if needed. Had to add it to [Giveaway] since you need a prefix here]

Hiya! I was thinking of creating a thread for prices (Inspired by the ones in various parts of the forum, TBT notably) And if you would like this, what sort of items would you like to find out? I've already gathered some data on bushes, saplings and hybrids from the past week to sort of... test myself, but there's not much point making a thread like this if nobody would read it!

The most efficient way I have discovered is sorting it by prefix. [Shop], [Buying] and [Selling] specifically. I have found out that the different prefixes generally have different pricing, with one specific prefix having crazy pricing. What I would do is work out an average for these prices, but also take into account how often the same price appears. eg, 80k for saplings appears like, 3 times, so 80k is what I would display) I would also display the highest price and lowest price, so people know how to offer without going too low or too high. The thread would hopefully be updated each Sunday Night/Monday Morning. Though I may have to go to biweekly or even monthly as I got barely to no data for my landscaping items.

If the thread goes ahead, I would like to post weekly questions and polls, so sellers can get to know their audience more. (eg: What is the highest amount you would pay for a bush start/shoot?)

How I would display the results: (With more colour, obviously.)

[Bush shoot Image]
[Shop] 100k
[Buying] 60k
[Selling] 85k

tl;dr read the questionnaire or answer the poll

So, I have included a questionnaire you can fill out! You don't have to though, but it would be of much help!

1) Would you be interested in this future thread?
2) What Items would you like to see average prices for?
3) How would you like me to calculate the results?
4) How would you like to display the results?
5) Any other suggestions?

Miss out any questions you don't have an opinion on. .v.

Thank you so much for reading this <3

Last edited:
1) I would be very interested in a thread like this
2) I would like to see hybrid prices definitely, along with the prices of unorderable sets, ores, and art.
3) maybe by finding the prices and averaging the price? (ex. Hybrids- (50k+80k+60k)/3)
4) any way is fine, as long as it's not in bright yellow
5) Nope! Good luck!!! :)

1) Would you be interested in this future thread? I would indeed. It would help me greatly when trading with others.

2) What Items would you like to see average prices for? Unorderable furniture sets mostly, gardening, streetpass

3) How would you like me to calculate the results? (if I'm understanding correctly) Take the average for each prefix.

4) How would you like to display the results? Your example for display is fine. This is a big project so no need to get too fancy.

5) Any other suggestions? Nope. I have some data for you though. I've sold gardening items (flowers, starts, trees) in my shop for awhile and they sell really fast at 50k. I've yet to find a good selling medium for Bamboo so can't help you there. :/ I've also sold Sahara walls/carpets as well as real artwork for the same price with similar success. I'm on the low end for pricing though since these items usually go for 99k and up.

I'd love to know if you have any data on fake artwork from Redd, as I know there is a market for it, however niche it may be. I'm also hosting an auction every Friday-Sunday for select sets/series. That could possibly help you if you need auction data. Just finished the first one for sloppy series (CB:13 mill). Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
1) Would you be interested in this future thread? Yes
2) What Items would you like to see average prices for? Sets and landscaping
3) How would you like me to calculate the results? Intervals or averages would do
4) How would you like to display the results? As clear and cleanly as possible? Your example looks fine

Oh and I also noted that auction prices tend to inflate alot. See Serena's auction thread - but that could somehow give a rough idea of what people are willing to pay for the sets

Last edited:
1) I would for sure! I always struggle coming up with prices for people, and this is just what I need!
2) Mostly unorderables, hybrids, and stuff like that... I don't think there's really a need to do pricing for stuff you can get from Re-Tail or the Able Sister's because most people aren't looking for that kind of stuff!
3)It would probably be best if you either averaged the prices you see most, or just take the price you see the most often.
4) Your display is good! I would just make sure to include both tbt and igb, since that was one of my biggest issues with the villager tier thread!
5) Mostly just the tbt and igb thing haha, also using spoilers (i assume you were gonna do that anyways) so that the post isn't a million miles long!! this is a reeeally good (and much needed) idea! hopefully it all works out and you get pinned!

1) I would be very interested in a thread like this
2) I would like to see hybrid prices definitely, along with the prices of unorderable sets, ores, and art.
3) maybe by finding the prices and averaging the price? (ex. Hybrids- (50k+80k+60k)/3)
4) any way is fine, as long as it's not in bright yellow
5) Nope! Good luck!!! :)

Aww. Thanks so much! Unorderable sets certainly sound like a good idea. Thanks for your input!

1) Would you be interested in this future thread? I would indeed. It would help me greatly when trading with others.

2) What Items would you like to see average prices for? Unorderable furniture sets mostly, gardening, streetpass

3) How would you like me to calculate the results? (if I'm understanding correctly) Take the average for each prefix.

4) How would you like to display the results? Your example for display is fine. This is a big project so no need to get too fancy.

5) Any other suggestions? Nope. I have some data for you though. I've sold gardening items (flowers, starts, trees) in my shop for awhile and they sell really fast at 50k. I've yet to find a good selling medium for Bamboo so can't help you there. :/ I've also sold Sahara walls/carpets as well as real artwork for the same price with similar success. I'm on the low end for pricing though since these items usually go for 99k and up.

I'd love to know if you have any data on fake artwork from Redd, as I know there is a market on it, however niche it may be. I'm also hosting an auction every Friday-Sunday for select sets/series. That could possibly help you if you need auction data. Just finished the first one for sloppy series (CB:13 mill). Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your suggestions. An [Auction] prefix is something I didn't think about, but I suppose it would be interesting. And rather easy to make up since there's only a few auctions a week. I'll have to look into the fake art too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

1) I would for sure! I always struggle coming up with prices for people, and this is just what I need!
2) Mostly unorderables, hybrids, and stuff like that... I don't think there's really a need to do pricing for stuff you can get from Re-Tail or the Able Sister's because most people aren't looking for that kind of stuff!
3)It would probably be best if you either averaged the prices you see most, or just take the price you see the most often.
4) Your display is good! I would just make sure to include both tbt and igb, since that was one of my biggest issues with the villager tier thread!
5) Mostly just the tbt and igb thing haha, also using spoilers (i assume you were gonna do that anyways) so that the post isn't a million miles long!! this is a reeeally good (and much needed) idea! hopefully it all works out and you get pinned!

I don't really want to add TBT but since TBT offers are virtually universal (I swear everybody charges 2 tbt per bush start) I can probably add one.

I wanted to not use spoilers but rather encorage people to use the search/find options on their browsers lol but I bet that would be laggy on mobiles hnnnn

- - - Post Merge - - -

1) Would you be interested in this future thread? Yes
2) What Items would you like to see average prices for? Sets and landscaping
3) How would you like me to calculate the results? Intervals or averages would do
4) How would you like to display the results? As clear and cleanly as possible? Your example looks fine

Oh and I also noted that auction prices tend to inflate alot. See Serena's auction thread - but that could somehow give a rough idea of what people are willing to pay for the sets

Yeah. Auctions are a little eeeeh for me since they are not very common and are usually for very high prices. But hey, it's cool.

Last edited:
1) Yes!!
2) Unorderables, DLC, Streetpass, and Landscaping
3) Probably averaging the price, like the other people said.
4) Your display is great! :D
5) Nope, not really. This is an amazing idea, and I hope it gets made :D

1) Yes!!
2) Unorderables, DLC, Streetpass, and Landscaping
3) Probably averaging the price, like the other people said.
4) Your display is great! :D
5) Nope, not really. This is an amazing idea, and I hope it gets made :D

Thanks for your input!

I doubt there is that much interest in such a thread if you have to bump it that many times without getting responses.

Back