• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

In a hole in a ground there lived a hobbit...

Island/Town Name
Hobbiton
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Pear
Native Flower
Windflowers

Emmsey

'Be-a-u' tiful!
Bells
Clownfish Plush
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Red Super Star Trophy
Light Blue Balloon
Turquoise Squid Easter Egg
Timmy Christmas Doll
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Vesta
Green Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
'Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.'

So I guess thats where I find myself now with an island shaped around comfort. As this is a story of sorts let me introduce you to our cast of characters:

Beau - This beautiful lazy deer is the apple of my eye. He brings a smile to my face in even the darkest of time. As time has progressed I have come to know and love him a young deer just starting out, moving away from his family for the first time. He is eager to please and to fit in with the popular people. Everyone warms to Beau even if they do think him somewhat naive.

Pietro - This lovable clown loves to be centre of attention. Always strutting around town with a smile on his face and bringing the colour to every day. Deep down beneath all that smugness he just wants to be loved. As such I very often find him randomly visiting villagers. In Hobbiton Pietro lives on the same plot as his best friend Dom.

Dom - I can't say I was especially looking for a Jock. I don't really believe any character looks especially good forced into a tank top lifting weights on the town square. But Dom is a little bit different - he can certainly talk the talk. I mean who hasn't heard about the buffness of Dom's arms? But alongside that he's sweet and sensitive he never tears people down a strip he only builds them up.

Raymond - Affectionately called Raymond'o' thanks to his presence on another island close to mine Raymond is my precious business cat. At first when I got him I was so afraid to do anything with him - gift him anything or change him in anyway. Then quite by mistake I made a trade with Raymond for a flea that moments earlier I had swiped off Beau's back. Raymond has of course situated this pride of place in his house and no amount of cat beds or towers have managed to shift it. It was after then I began to ease in to having Raymond on my island gift him things that I thought he looked cool in and not worry about what anybody else things. He was my Raymondo afterall and has eased into island life perfectly despite his celebrity status.

Kabuki - It was Kabuki's awesome design that drew me to him at first but it was soon to be his cranky charm that held my heart. He was like the lovable old man who constantly referred to you as kiddo or who reminisced about the good times. He and Fang were good friends until Fang moved on since then he has been finding his feet amongst the youngun's.

Our Cast of supporting characters (more on them later)
Agent S, Sylvia, Ken, o'Hare and our newest resident.
Previous residents: Fang, Nate, Antonio, Hippeux, Peaches, Hamphrey, Stella, Portia.

My island has had only a couple of face lifts during my time playing the game each perhaps more stressful than the next I'm not entirely sure that I will ever get this terraforming bug. I hadn't considered myself a person who was adverse to change but have found myself wedded to items and features that have been a part of my island since 'day one'. Infact I still have the entirely pointless and never visited bamboo garden stuck off in an awkward corner of my island because I just haven't thought to change it. I've never moved either the museum or the shop from their initial placement! The most recent facelift was one a residential area that I still don't feel at all satisfied with (more on my musings about that later). I can't say my island has a theme of sorts but comfort does just about describe it. It is filled with things and places that I find comfortable in every day life sort of like a Hobbit Hole.

Island Renovations
So yesterday I embarked on my latest island facelift following my recent renovation of the resident area. I have decided to go for a multi tiered villager area based loosely off a tutorial I had seen on youtube. What is about villagers and terraforming it like they are bugs drawn to light. Moment you get out your hard hat you are plagued by villagers. Firstly Ankha observes from the riverbank with an ice cream the very same riverbank I am about to total in my attempt to build the tiers at the rear of the island. It's cute and provides some welcome distraction from what is a monotonous task. Next I am joined by Pietro, who net in hand has taken to just staring at me with that adorable grin. Pietro doesn't respect personal space in the same way that Ankha does and is all up in my chops watching intently as I begin to replant the flower fields I have so lovingly cultivated weeks earlier. Occasionally he will stop to water a solitary rose before returning to his favourite past time watching me. I guess this must be him getting him own back to the fact I spend a great majority of the time just watching my villagers and all the cute things they do. Day 1 the island is a mess - Celeste is here but I can't even bring myself to open the gates to this pig sty of an island! More island renovations to come...

Island Renovations Continued
So I feel as if I am starting to get there both tiers of residential area have had the ground work laid and I am now looking at mapping out space across both of the tiers. I'm surprised that there appears to be much more room than I was initially thinking which means I should be able to get all villagers on the tiers rather than put some of ground level. I mean I haven't really the faintest clue what I plan to do with all the space on ground level but I'm sure I'll come up with something...?

I would be much further along if it wasn't for those darned bridges and inclines from previous developments. What is it about the fact you once spent 200k bells on a bridge that demolishing it and paying 10k seems like a bit of a raw deal. Why can't I just pick up the existing structure and use it somewhere new? I mean yes I did just make another 2 million on the turnip market yesterday but I remember of the days of it taking an age to build up the cash to finance a bridge or incline!

Island Renovations Update:
I haven't made any updates for a while but the renovations are continuing. I finally have all villagers houses positioned on the two tiers with each garden filled with a little something which reflects their personality. I often emerge from my newly located house in the morning to find a villager or two sniffing the flowers directly outside my house. They tend not to let fences stop them and set up camp in just about anybody's front garden if they want to! The tiers update has had one happy side effect the villagers finally use my mega bridge and it doesnt seem like the eyesore it once was before. Although I did share one happy moment walking across the bridge side by side with Ankha who then became very distressed because I had pushed her the whole way! Who knew!!

Since the villager tiers are complete I have moved on to the shop and museum movements. These havent moved in the whole time I've had them so it will feel strange to see them positioned somewhere else entirely. Another 3 days of movements and stair building I will be left with one entirely deserted side to the island!

Hobbiton's cast of characters has seen some minor changes since the last update. Agent S has departed and was replaced by Sylvana. Sylvia (finally!) left and was replaced by Erik. As a massive Beau fan I had worried about their similarities but I've finding them both quite different at the moment and both equally as adorable!

Back