If you could play Animal Crossing on any console...

GBA, would totally love a GBA AC game (that will never happen ;_; )

The Doubutsu no Mori e+ minigames and Animal Island is the closest I'll get

Last edited:
I would have liked one on the wii u. It's like a giant 3ds with great graphics compared to it's predecessors. Oh well, nintendo killed it because it didn't sell enough. I don't exactly blame them but it is still a really good console! And it got some good games too!

I was actually trying to emulate Animal Crossing: Wild World on a Sony PSP, though DS emulation is dodgy stuff.

I'm pretty happy with the 3DS game, but something that would be interesting would be to get a 2D, super retro Animal Crossing game, for the SNES or something. Not that they'd release a game for a console that old, haha.

I would love to play it on my nintendo switch since I would have the option of playing on a small screen or on a bigger screen.

Last edited:
I would want to play it on the GC cause ive never played the original game and i would love to play it.

I have played all Animal Crossing games and I truly think the 3DS / DS was the perfect system for Animal Crossing after New Leaf and Happy Home Designer. While the switch is comfy… maybe its just me but its overly heavy in handheld. I really love how you can play it on the TV but I just prefer the handheld surprisingly, im much more of a TV player but AC just feels more cozy in handheld. TheDS closing and opening as well as the two screens was just so unique! I still wonder what it would be like if the Wii U got an AC game of New Leaf with small improvements like how the Wii got City Folk which was revised Wild World.

Another vote for the switch.
I’m disabled, so I am bed bound often. When that happens, I don’t feel like getting up to play at my PC, or to sit and play a home console.

Handhelds have always been my favorite for that reason.

I have played all Animal Crossing games and I truly think the 3DS / DS was the perfect system for Animal Crossing after New Leaf and Happy Home Designer. While the switch is comfy… maybe its just me but its overly heavy in handheld. I really love how you can play it on the TV but I just prefer the handheld surprisingly, im much more of a TV player but AC just feels more cozy in handheld. TheDS closing and opening as well as the two screens was just so unique! I still wonder what it would be like if the Wii U got an AC game of New Leaf with small improvements like how the Wii got City Folk which was revised Wild World.
Handheld is always the way to go in my opinion. :) to me, it feels more immersive.
--
I haven't played animal crossing on the actual 3ds/ds console, but I would imagine it would feel better on it than on the Switch. The Switch has a nice screen and allows much better graphics, but honestly I really like compact handhelds. Maybe it is because I have small hands. The thing I miss the most is the lid and I think I would have liked the Switch better with it if the system wasn't so long. The GBA SP was my favorite handheld. Though I hated the two screens on the 3ds/ds, I did eventually get use to it but I don't really want to see it again. For AC it did make menus less tedious. NH menus I didn't feel were that tedious, but the dialog for some NPCS were Orville. That could be easily fixed though.

Right now? On Xbox Series X, for a better framerate, better lighting, better graphics, all in 4K glory baby.

Honestly on Mobile! I emulated a few of my favorite games on my phone, and i play them fairly often. South Park Rally, a racing game being my favorite.

I don't mind the small screen. I play on a switch lite, and my team game is a mobile game so the small screen has never phased me.

I honestly prefer the smaller screen because I find I can focus better. I feel like New Horizons would be fun on mobile, and it would prevent me from time leaping.

I enjoy casual games on mobile, and just like hopping on to do the dailies might be fun I couldnt really get into Pocket Camp, but it also took up tons of space. The games Ive emulated actually haven't taken up alot of space. I feel like Id be more down for games like New Horizons or so fourth. So yeah, mobile for me.

Maybe PC, but I think the Switch is still the best. Not on mobile because I think it's too uncomfortable. I think Animal Crossing benefits a lot from being displayed on TV, hence on a big screen. On playstation or Xbox it doesn't make much sense because you can't use the portable mode. On the other hand, PC can have a big screen and it can be more powerful than other consoles, so it's good. But I think that Switch still stays as my fav choice because of portability.

The computer. It'd just be more convenient for me, since I play most games on the PC nowadays. There is a game like that on Steam, but, the reviews seem a bit mixed.

I don't have a preference for the console, but I would have loved a game similar to New Leaf on the Switch. That would be amazing. Adding the feature of not having villagers move without your permission in New Leaf would make it close to perfect.

Back