Idea for TBT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I meant like "oh, what's written in post #77 is really something to consider".

Surprised nobody's started bickering about the differences between gender and sex, but let's not begin bickering about yet another thing. Just throwing my wandering mind's thoughts out there. :p

You should really just stop talking then

Well, I meant like "oh, what's written in post #77 is really something to consider".

Surprised nobody's started bickering about the differences between gender and sex, but let's not begin bickering about yet another thing. Just throwing my wandering mind's thoughts out there. :p

Literally no one is talking about sex, why would it be brought up?
Are you trying to change the topic now? Lol

Look buddy I'm trying to be nice, but you should really stop talking on here because you are only digging yourself a deeper and deeper grave.

Oh no, your use of a website for maybe an hour at most is more important than making someone feel comfortable in their own skin. How tragic. I'm crying for you.

I don't use this site 24/7, y'know.

Anyway, going around in circles, I just don't see why everyone has to be up in arms saying "I'm male", "I'm female", "I'm both genders" or "I'm the spaghetti monster".

Because gender doesn't come up in conversation any more than race...

Huh? :confused: I've got one e-mail address that makes it impossible to know if I'm male or female. It's kind of a playful username, so I've been asked what sex I am a few times. I've been on the Internet since 1997, and not once has anyone ever asked me if I'm black or white. And not once have I asked someone else what color their skin is. In the many forums I've been part of over the years, I can't recall anyone ever asking someone about their race. Sex? Yes. Sexual orientation? Yes. Race? Nope!

I actually do check out people's profiles and it would be nice to see if someone is male or female or whatever they identify as. Sometimes it's easy to guess, but it's not always obvious. I don't want to make incorrect assumptions and piss off people.

Last edited:
Literally no one is talking about sex, why would it be brought up?
Are you trying to change the topic now? Lol

Still roughly the same topic.

So... how's the weather where you are? :p

Look buddy I'm trying to be nice, but you should really stop talking on here because you are only digging yourself a deeper and deeper grave.

Already noticed that. See:
Let's mark this down as another discussion I should've just let alone. *sigh*

Anyway, going around in circles, I just don't see why everyone has to be up in arms saying "I'm male", "I'm female", "I'm both genders" or "I'm the spaghetti monster".

Not everyone, we even made it clear it wouldn't be everyone. People who are legitimately triggered by being misgenered would use this mainly. I know I wouldn't, personally.

Because being called "she" just because I have long hair and have made some raunchy comments about male celebrities has gotten very annoying

But we don't know you have long hair because this is the internet. Just saying.

You're right! It's not like there's a "What Do You Look Like" thread where people post pictures of themselves.
Can you stop saying "we" and "us" when you just mean yourself? It's making your posts look even sillier.

Hardly. And if you noticed that you'd stop kicking the beehive by posting here, however your wandering thoughts don't seem to continue a tap or off switch.

Gender is usually the same as your sex, so in my humble opinion (opinions can vary, let's just note that) it's roughly the same topic. Roughly.

Trying to post here less bit by bit but I don't want to just ignore people. :/

oh god...
i reported this thread because it got way to out of hand
next feature they should implement is being able to lock your own threads on all boards

Gender is usually the same as your sex, so in my humble opinion (opinions can vary, let's just note that) it's roughly the same topic. Roughly.

Like you ignored my post B)

Edit - also, gender is NOT the same as sex. They are in the same category, like cats and dogs are both mammals. Das it

Last edited:

gosh you sound so nasty.

you might not be affect by dysphoria, and you might not be set off into episodes or a dissociative state of mind but let me tell you it ain't fun. and if having something as simple as a little "male" icon or label on my profile can prvent me or my friends, or anyone on the bell tree who sufferes from gender dysphoria from having any form of episode possible, i'm all ****ing for it. and if you're not because you don't care about the well being of other people, for being you don't think it's important. well, kuddos to you for being gross.

You're right! It's not like there's a "What Do You Look Like" thread where people post pictures of themselves.
Can you stop saying "we" and "us" when you just mean yourself? It's making your posts look even sillier.

Not every single person on this thread has looked every single post on that thread. I bet the 12,345th person who signed up to this forum has no idea what you look like in the slightest.

Opinions can also be wrong, which yours is.
Peoples gender often matches their sex, but that doesn't make the two the same thing. These shoes match my top but they're not both tops.

Anyways sorry your thread got nasty Cory 'cause it's a really great idea.

Sorry to shut this down guys, but the bickering is getting just a little out of hand at this point.

I can see that a lot of you feel pretty passionately about something like this being implemented, and while I won't promise it'll happen, I will say that it's something I feel should be more thoroughly discussed amongst the staff.

Also, please remember that it's okay to have differing opinions so long as you're stating them in a respectful manner and not resorting to making personal attacks against other members. I know this can be difficult when a topic has a lot of personal significance to you, but people are always more open and receptive to hearing a different viewpoint when they're not being torn down for stating how they feel about the topic. Just something to keep in mind. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back