• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I Virtually Live in New Zealand!

Island/Town Name
Waiheke
Hemisphere
South
Native Fruit
Pear
Native Flower
Windflowers

Jessy_Azran

Small-Fry Lawn Clippings
Bells
Switch
2848-7128-6492
User Title Color Change
Silver Mailbox
Profile #1: Jessie.
Profile #2: Alex.
Aesthetic (colours): Green + orange.
Aesthetic (theme): Uncertain as of now.
Current Animals: Boots + Beau + Cole + Filbert + Hazel + Hippeux + Lily + Marina + Octavian + Tutu.
I Need: My signature says it all.

Hello and welcome to Waiheke island!
Here is a journal I meant to post on 20/03/2020 but I got side-tracked with the game! Here you will find my map (when I've finished terraforming), photos of interiors and exteriors, what I love/hate, conversations, and other things in the game. I will even post about my errors because I'm human.

Tumblr username: jessy-azran.

Instagram accounts: new_horizons_progress + acnh_bujo_and_collages.

Dunno if this is going to work out or not. I'm trying to go through Nookazon.

I have a separate shop thread that will include my wishlist, trades and sales.

I've finally found a plan to relocate all my villagers houses, but until I've finished, then I will share my map.

I can't wait to show off my island, and invite people to come over whenever it's raining! If you ever see any tips I could use, please tell! And constructive criticism only. I've worked so hard on my island, it's the most effort I've put into any game.

I mean, I thought that I was putting a lot of effort into New Leaf, but now I'm wrong!

Disclaimer!
If I visit your island or you visit mine and we do stuff together, I will not mention your name unless you give me permission. If you want a private session, I will not screenshot or post an article about you. I realise many people are self-conscious of their island until they're fully satisfied, as I suffer from that too.

Have I finished my island yet?
Almost. I don't have near as much furniture for my house nor outside.

I don't know why, but I relocated Marina's house at like, 11PM and I accidentally moved the house right in front of my waterfall. I don't know how it fit! I'm just laughing, but at least the house is not in the way of organising my trees. I can relocate the building later.

I'm more focusing on my island map at the moment. I'm not sure on a theme yet, as I tried to do a Harry Potter and a Professor Layton aesthetic theme, but it doesn't work.

Some QR codes are from Wild World, and I even tried the Deathly Hallows flag but it looks awkward in the daylight. My eyes hurt, so I changed it to a pear.

So the aesthetic themes I want to do in Waiheke, I decided to use those in New Leaf.

Thoughts on my animals.
Just so you know, I do not under any circumstances, try to say male or female on purpose. I should refer to them as "they", since gender does not matter, especially we actually don't know what gender they are. And if Nintendo is letting anyone wear dresses freely, then that means we can not assume the animal's gender!

Anyway, both genders can be any of the personalities. Basically, Nintendo is still judging the personalities based on gender stereotypes. Did you know some Australian women play for the Matildas, a women's soccer team? Yeah, so I'd like to have sporty gals, please!

Filbert is my favourite on the island right now. I received Cole from a person on Facebook, and I think Cole is just like Filbert.

I'm contemplating on putting Erik off my dreamie wishlist.

Right now, I'm focusing on kicking Hazel and Hippeux out. They're mean to Filbert, the adorable bluey cries!

I don't like smug animals, they bully my dreamies. All ten dreamies.

This is why I prefer jock, lazy, normal and peppy animals.

I have Admiral, Kiki and Sandy's Amiibo, and I'm hoping to get rid of Hazel through Kiki.

I sold some land to Tom Nook, went to the Nook Miles Mystery Island tour, and I went to my favourite island, the bamboo one! And then something more exciting happened.

I FOUND BEAU, THE CUTEST DEER I'VE EVER SEEN!

Trading with people you don't know or trust:
I know that usually if you can't trust someone, don't invite them to your island, but sometimes you just want that specific item! There is a way around this.

1. Trade with items you know you won't mind if they take it after backing out of a trade.​
  2. Fence off the area, so they cannot access your island. Not you or anyone can pull the fences down, regardless if you're best friends with the person or not!​
  3. You can even fence off areas if they only want to fish. That way they cannot do anything you're not comfortable with seeing.​
  4. If you need to fence off near a bridge, you have to place a few furniture items as the fences cannot reach the river for whatever reason Nintendo decided that.​

What you see next:
Islander and villager profiles - March + April.
Who I am, who my brother is, who my villagers are and our quirks. Also my deep thoughts about my animals, which this post will be changed each month.

Screenshots of current progress.
I've even got a few funny or adorable conversations!

Casa de... - May 2020.
JESSIE - My interior and my front yard.
ALEX - His interior and his front yard.
BEAU - What I've done to the front yard.
FILBERT - What I've done to the front yard.
KIKI - What I've done to the front yard.

Review time - May 2020.
Has Nintendo improved ACNH since last time I reviewed?

Islander and villager profiles - May 2020.
Who's moved in, or what's changed of my opinions about my animals. Also if I've changed my passport photo/title, and same to my brother.

Exterior of whole island - To Be Advised.

Last edited:
Journal Entry #1
First Month Review.
So, to judge the game with only a month played, could be considered too early to criticise. However, there are things I should note that I didn't want in the game, and it's okay to disagree. In the next post, I will elaborate on why New Horizons can potentially be the last ever game I will buy from the company.

I dunno if this makes any sense to anyone but New Horizons is better than New Leaf, and New Leaf is better than New Horizons. Maybe this can clear up anything.

🐾 New Horizons is a deserted island with tools that break, Tom Nook wants millions of dollars on a cottage, not a mansion.
🐾 New Leaf does not have tools that break, can have huge 6 rooms. New Horizons has one room as big as the 6 rooms in New Leaf, 3 rooms as big as the smallest possible in New Leaf and the attic/basement are the biggest out of all rooms mentioned. I'm still not satisfied. Especially the fact we didn't need so much loans in New Leaf.
🐾 What I'm saying is, if my loans in New Leaf were 5 million bells, I wouldn't mind, because I can jump onto Tortimer's Island and go beetle/shark hunting at night.
🐾 New Horizons has better graphics, but can be a bad thing too. The creepiest things spook me out more than the previous games.

What do I like about New Horizons?
🐾 Even though there are some greedy players asking for high bells and Nook Mile Tickets, there are still people out there who are kind.
🐾 Unlike MEOW coupons in the Welcome Amiibo update for New Leaf, you can have endless Nook Miles, so you can go to Mystery Island Tours.
🐾 The variety of Mystery Island Tours. My first time going there wasn't a good experience, as I got one of the dud ones. So to know that the islands switch around, it's very cool.
🐾 Endless materials, as long as you have the tools and NMTs.
🐾 Variety of furniture for houses.

What do I dislike about New Horizons?
🐾 Tarantulas and spiders return.
🐾 Timmy and Tommy want you to pay heaps of money just for one item! Honestly I wouldn't care if it was in New Leaf, but OMG.
🐾 Repetitive tool breaking.
🐾 Some people can be toxic. I can't even say examples on here, as the people were inappropriate. I'd like to voice my opinions on say, an Animal Crossing YouTube account or something.
🐾 You cannot say to Tom Nook "I've relocated someone's house in the wrong spot." 5 million bells later and I'd finally get something right maybe.

I may have forgotten some things in here, but if I have, I will post another review at the end of May.

Journal Entry #1
Islander and Villager Profiles
March + April 2020.

My thoughts on the March animals.
Boots:
Moved on the 20th.

Boots is one of the two starting animals on my island. I unfortunately placed him in the wrong spot, but it couldn't be helped since I didn't have a ladder nor a bridge to help me get the house to where I want it. Boots is a friendly villager, always complimenting everyone with, "Your abs look awesome", regardless of gender. I love that.

Unfortunately, as Boots is not on my dreamie wishlist, they are not staying at Waiheke but they will always be in my heart. I love the funny dialogue like this:

Unuploaded photo as of this time.

Filbert:
Moved on the 25th.

One of my favourite villagers I had in New Leaf. Moved out of Bromwich, so I'm hoping to grab him when I finish setting up Azran. Also trying to find the Amiibo card so I can play in the minigames in New Leaf and keep the character in New Horizons.

Filbert is so cute, the dialogue and appearance, not that appearance matters anyway. I'd be very upset if the character wants to leave, but I guess if leaving in Waiheke, at least I know the Amiibo villagers in New Leaf will never leave. I time-travelled (in New Leaf) to see if Admiral would leave, but no.

That's awesome, right?

Hazel:
Moved on the 20th.

I've wanted Hazel out from the start. So rude to me and the other villagers.

Not uploaded yet.

Hippeux:
Moved on the 29th.

Smug and awful. A survey someone has conducted has revealed the first camper will have an 85% chance to have the smug personality. I'm getting rid of him soon. I might have to scan in Sandy temporarily to kick him out. It is a shame though, because he would fit my green and orange theme.

Molly:
Unfortunately moved out a week after moving in. I like this character, but not on my wishlist. Molly will always be in my heart.

Tutu:
A kind polar bear who would give out helpful advice to anyone! Gives out gifts almost every day, sends me cool letters and will move out eventually.

My thoughts on the April villagers:
Cole

Moved on the 14th.

Cole replaced Molly thanks to this kind person on Facebook. Very cute and gets along very well with Beau and Filbert.

Lily
Fits the green theme and very friendly, but she might have to go soon.

Marina
I opened up a plot of land and didn't find a villager in time. I'm disappointed in getting this character, but I do not hate them. Especially compared to Hazel.

Octavian
I am VERY disappointed I left a plot of land open and didn't get anyone in time. Cranky villagers hurt the feelings of everyone. But, I did here a frightening conversation in here, I was literally scared for him!

Not uploaded yet.

In conclusion:

On the very last day of April (but I shall not call this character an April villager), I opened up a plot of land and went on a Nook Mystery Tour and my favourite bamboo island came, but even better, BEAU!

Back