Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Everytime I'm out and about, I see things like a stool and I'm like ooh that's the wooden stool in new leaf! Or I see a snake plant and I'm like omg they have a snake plant from AC! I just see things that remind me of the game everywhere I go. It makes me feel happy seeing them in real life but I think this is a sign that I play too much! I sometimes even have the urge to shake a tree lol. Does anyone else have the same experience? Is your Animal Crossing game merging into your reality? Lol

When I'm lying down in bed, I can hear the sound of villagers walking and the 3 PM song is stuck in my head.

You are not alone my friend.;) There are a lot of butterflies on my property this time of year and I automatically think: 90 bells, 90 bells, 140 bells, etc...Yes, we have a problem but it could be worse.:lemon:

Last edited:
Whenever I see a cool house layout or indoor setup I always think about how I can make my animal crossing room look like it!! My Halloween themed room is based off of a Halloween house I went in at one point in a vampire cave :)

oh my god i relate to this! when i was younger and played, i learned a lot about animals and bugs that existed from it. at one point when i was still young, a jewel beetle landed on my shoulder and i could instantly recognize it from the game lol. i screamed and ran till it flew off me, but it was funny id learned that from this game specifically.

90% of my fish and bug knowledge come from this game, as well as certain plant species and Japanese specific items, haha. When I go out and about, to cafes and such, I try and see what kinda furniture from ACNL I could use to replicate the room lol :’D

I was walking across the parking lot into work one morning and a dragonfly flew past me. My first thought was, "Where's my net?" My second thought was, "I play this game way too much." LOL

I was walking across the parking lot into work one morning and a dragonfly flew past me. My first thought was, "Where's my net?" My second thought was, "I play this game way too much." LOL

i have definitely done this! i also freaked out the first time i saw an arowana at an aquarium. i was like, "OMG LIKE IN ANIMAL CROSSING!", lol.

90% of my fish and bug knowledge come from this game, as well as certain plant species and Japanese specific items, haha. When I go out and about, to cafes and such, I try and see what kinda furniture from ACNL I could use to replicate the room lol :’D

EXACTLY!!
That is so relatable omg Animal Crossing really made me discover a lot of new bugs, fishes and submarine creatures (and I'm glad it did!). When I say some random bug names to my friends and family they never believe me they exist hhh;

Back when I would do things on the computer (like editing or using Adobe programs) I would spam crtl + z so much. It makes it so much easier to undo and fix things without them being permanent. Then I'd play games like Animal Crossing or whatever and my fingers would have a jerk reaction to ctrl + z the air if I messed up...then I'd be upset that it was still taunting me.

I can't say I do this outside for NewLeaf. Or not that I can remember. I know I do a lot of gardening, flowers, trees, vegetables and all the hard backbreaking work makes me think of how easy it is in Animal Crossing.

EXACTLY!!
That is so relatable omg Animal Crossing really made me discover a lot of new bugs, fishes and submarine creatures (and I'm glad it did!). When I say some random bug names to my friends and family they never believe me they exist hhh;

Yessss.

While in Japan during the summer time, my mom heard the very annoying sound of cicadas and I told her what they were. Thanks to AC, I am much more knowledgeable about the animal kingdom. :rolleyes:

Omg yes same about the plants! Whenever i see those little infographics about what house plant would be best for you and i see familiar names like the snake plant and pothos i feel happy :)))))

This has happened to me so many times huhu i don't even like bugs that much irl but you just get this compulsion to catch them and sell them or something? :)))) this is such a cute thread!! <3

Haha yeah the other day I saw some plants through a window in the lobby of a building and I grabbed my boyfriend and I was like "OMG those are moth orchids!! Look!" As I excitedly just peer in through the window while jumping and all the people just staring at me. And my bf just looked at me with pity. Probably thinking poor girl has lost her mind. LOL.

Haha yeah the other day I saw some plants through a window in the lobby of a building and I grabbed my boyfriend and I was like "OMG those are moth orchids!! Look!" As I excitedly just peer in through the window while jumping and all the people just staring at me. And my bf just looked at me with pity. Probably thinking poor girl has lost her mind. LOL.

:D Perhaps there should be a PWP named "LoonyBin" for those of us who qualify?

Last edited:

I can relate 100%. I used to get the same reaction a few years ago when I was really into New Leaf. lol

So i just got out of an exam that turned my brain into soup and heard a ton of cicadas?? And my brain just went "where's my net" and then "wait it's still spring in town" and then "why can't i find the bugs" before realizing that i was not, in fact, in game _:)3 」∠)_

When I'm lying down in bed, I can hear the sound of villagers walking and the 3 PM song is stuck in my head.

I have the noon hourly theme stuck in my head so often and loudly that I actually have to check my ds to make sure it's not stuck open and i'm just going nuts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My friend had something trivially unfortunate happen and I almost, almost said: 'Did you try quitting without saving?" sheesh I was half way through saying it when I realized I was a loon and finished the question off differently.

I do this with bugs and fish when I'm on vacation or see something pop up on tumblr. I get very excited that I know what these creatures are because of Animal Crossing!

Back