• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I MADE A VIDEO GAME!!!! JUST TRY IT!!!!

Text based games rock.

I just don't wanna get addicted to ANOTHER game right now. I'll play when I have finished Megaman Battle Networks 4 and 6.

Alright! Just as a pecaution, we don't have a rehab center setup 'just' yet.

Text based games rock.

I just don't wanna get addicted to ANOTHER game right now. I'll play when I have finished Megaman Battle Networks 4 and 6.

Not to worry, we're not releasing full version for 16 days anyways ;) You might like it better then, without all the demo version blocks. Haha

We are currently finishing up the space quest and making progress on the main storyline.

Hello, I'm updating others further... We have increased progress in the game, we have just received a new game coder. He is making great progress on the game, we may have a third coder as well, if we do not get this third coder, we fear we may not be prepared by the deadline.

We have added actual combat into the full version, and once again... people you can volunteer to help test the game we have right now! you can do this by emailing us at gotogame@live.com We'll in turn upload the latest game and send it to you for testing, if we feel you've helped... we'll add your name to our credits for when the final game is released!

The game is currently on hold as many of you may have guessed.

i'm wary of downloading/installing your game

but i son i am proud. text based adventures seem like a 80's thing, today. i'll play it when it's finished. :) i am interest.

he's got a point. text based games were only famous in the 80s.

But it's the only kind of game we can make on our budget. Of nothing.

NOTE: Deadline Removed.

Hello, our devs have gotten back to work. We actually have 5 people working on small aspects of the game such as a release website, a complete recode of commands (This is to make it much easier for new users to play the game without looking at the commands list 24\7).

We also got some people working on individual quests! I was just wanting to ask for some ideas for some quest lines, I suppose this is your chance to have your ideas in our game. If we happen to draw interest to your suggested quest line, we will add your name to our credits list as a 'Valued Contributor'. If you've played our demo before, you should know exactly the type of time our game is based in. Feel free to suggest your own crazy stuff as well!

To see videos of the game, feel free to check them out at Youtube.com/gotogame And to download our demo version of the game... http://uppit.com/jyx95lmxcqf0/Goto_Demo_Version.exe
Email us at: Gotogame@live.com

Last edited:
We're about 1/5 done with the game. Before, when we had a deadline. We were strapped for ideas. After our 3 month hiatus we have enough ideas to begin working on the game. It would help us greatly if you applied for game tester or send us ideas. Thanks!

Okay, after our almost complete re-coding of the game we are finishing up 1 little boss encounter in the first act then moving on to act 2!!! As most should now by now the game will be free. We are working on a very cheap paid version that will come with a bunch of awesome extras. There will be sound in this version as well! Also, we made this teaser trailer for the game. Tell me what you think! If you have any ideas that you would like to submit to us (That might actually end up in the game!) send them to Gotogame@live.com

Caps-lock titles piss me off

And I'm not being rude or anything, but you call that a trailer? I'm a dumb **** at this stuff and even I could make that.

But I liked it somewhat, so I guess you should be congratulated for that.

And I'm not being rude or anything, but you call that a trailer? I'm a dumb **** at this stuff and even I could make that.

Its caps lock so people will notice it.
Teaser Trailer. Can't show it. If you wanna see it, download the demo.
And thanks for the congratualtions.

Bidoof, you are being a bit rude there. They've worked hard on this and you've come in as if you're going "Pfft, I could do this, that's nothing". Think next time and be considerate to people's efforts.

Bidoof, you are being a bit rude there. They've worked hard on this and you've come in as if you're going "Pfft, I could do this, that's nothing". Think next time and be considerate to people's efforts.
I think you should know by now that Bidoof isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack when it comes to coherent though, speaking, posting, or breathing, so therefore, we cannot judge his actions since they are the same in almost every single post.

firstly, i did comgratulate him on his effort as i did say i liked it.
furthermore, if you dont like what i post. quit your complaining and add me to your ignore list. i'm already considering posting everything in a spoiler with a title like "warning, this post may aggrovate you, and by opening this spoiler you have done so through your own choice and therefore have no right to flame. you have been warned" maybe not that formal, but i will do it if people continue to dislike what i post. i go by many rules and one is "honesty is the best policy" its my opinion, not yours.

and for **** sake. if people callem me Jake i'm sure we'd get along better. this is why we cant have nice things.

...the behavior doesn't surprise me at all, Bidoof. Being rude as usual.

Agreed

...the behavior doesn't surprise me at all, Bidoof. Being rude as usual.

Agreed

I think you should know by now that Bidoof isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack when it comes to coherent though, speaking, posting, or breathing, so therefore, we cannot judge his actions since they are the same in almost every single post.

Agreed

It isn't a matter of "honesty is the best policy", you can sugar coat it or just reword it so you aren't cursing or that you're not being disrespectful.
And the whole spoiler your posts idea, that wouldn't hold up as to why someone can't get mad at you. You could say the most horrific thing inside one and shrug it off as you had put it in a spoiler.
I'll say this again, think about your posts. Don't be vulgar, don't curse unnecessarily. This part isn't just to you, but you're the one that seems to forget it most.

That's enough now, thread has been sidetracked for too long.

As for the game, I still have yet to try it out. Soon.

Back