I dont understand why people hate villagers

I understand "hating" a villager from back in AC or WW because I remember the cranky villagers being actually mean in that game sometimes lmao. But in ACNH the villagers are all so friendly regardless of what you do, so I don't understand why people go out of their way to make hate accounts etc. It's just a video game :(

There are villagers whose appearance I dislike (Lucha), but as of this moment, I don't hate any villagers seriously. They're all very sweet. I like more than I dislike. I really want Shino and Roswell from the new update. . . Roswell reminds me of a marbled chocolate and vanilla cookie

I think for the most part people who "hate" villagers just don't like their designs and are frustrated that they won't move out to be replaced by a favorite of theirs. That's pretty understandable to me. The Rodney hate and other similar subs are mostly just jokes and memes, and since Raymond got popular, there are obviously going to be people who are annoyed with seeing so much of him and people who want attention by going against the grain. I doubt there are many people out there who genuinely dedicate a lot of their emotional and mental energy to hating on Animal Crossing villagers.

The people who do just have too much time on their hands .

I totally agree. Like, when I was a kid, I didn't like some and would make fun of them with my friends. But, as I got older, I realized how silly it was. I'd much rather focus my energy on villagers I DO like, and not ones I dislike. I mean, I obviously have some I still dislike. But I'm not longer interested in bashing them.

I'm ESPECIALLY no longer interested in bashing them because I know someone, somewhere, loves them. And, even though it's not personal, some people get so vicious with villagers that it's hard NOT to take it a bit personally if they're a favorite of yours. It's like some people make an effort to make you feel stupid for liking them. I mean, obviously people can like and dislike whoever they like. But I really don't understand what people get out of the hate that they can't get out of sharing their love for a different villager instead. Venting about a villager that won't move or something is one thing, but straight up bashing a villager, or purposefully trying to bring down people who like them (which I've also seen), is another.

I can't really say I feel strongly enough about any villager to say that I hate them. And I mean, in some cases I get it, like people who have a phobia of clowns and don't like Pietro because of it—that's fair. But speaking personally, even if I'm joking about a villager whose design I don't like (Chow...), it's meant pretty lightheartedly. I've got a lot more worthy things to be upset about than disconcertingly sinister-looking cartoon bears animals.
All joking aside, I think it's fine to express both one's likes and dislikes, but there's a time and a place for both, and I've definitely seen some villager bashing that goes too far. If it seems designed to upset fans of that villager, or make them feel bad for liking them, then I think it's over-the-top. And if someone likes a villager that I don't, I don't need to make that their problem, y'know? I don't think that's really healthy for either party.

I feel I hated villagers more in New Leaf than I do now. I got mad at them for being in a spot they shouldn't have been in, just being in my town because I didn't like their design or not leaving when I wanted them to leave. However, New Horizons is different. If I don't want a villager I don't have to invite them. With NMT, I can go find the villager I want to move in. Looking back at my frustration with certain villagers, its that I disliked they were forced into my town/island rather than hating them outright.

Hate is such a strong word. But maybe if I played the older games where villagers are more akin to giving you verbal abuse then yes, I'd probably hate them.

I "dislike" several villagers but only because of their designs.

i understand, and i don't. to elaborate: i think things like hate accounts/videos/etc. are a waste of time and energy. hitting 'ugly' villagers with nets is unnecessary, especially since i think it's been proven to either flat out not make them move out or have minimal effect in doing so. same goes for blocking off the entrance of their house with pitfalls or fences etc. or decorating its exterior with garbage themed items. that's just dumb. why go to all that effort? it's not funny either.

that being said, i get 'hating' (read: disliking) a villager for their design and aesthetic in the same way you would hate a painting or a shirt. like, i wouldn't want beardo or that weird little gray cub in my town in the same way i wouldn't want to wear a bright lime green or orange shirt or have my sister's wallpaper on my side of the room. i think they're ugly. i think the designs are bad and don't understand how they appeal to other people one bit. since each personality is as good as the same across all villagers in this game, and you can now change home interior/exteriors with the DLC, villagers' designs are the only thing that really make them unique or worth choosing. so, yeah, i get not wanting an ugly one in your town lol.

i too genuinely don't understand villager hate. there are plenty of villagers i don't like, but hating them? i honestly do not have the energy to invest in hating little pixel animals.

i did get a little aggravated when my first camper turned out to be beardo tho. do not want. I just don't care for his design. eventually i'll replace him with a different smug. too busy working on getting more villagers to start moving out the ones i have now, lol.

i never "hated" on any villagers, but i have always thought ankha was overrated. but yeah anyone who hates over fake animals that passionately definitely needs to rethink some things XD

Back