I absolutely HATE writing letters- how often do you do it?

Yoshisaur

Bells
One thing I hate more than anything is writing letters. I thought maybe some of you can relate or can tell me what kind of letter schedule you are on that makes it bearable. I usually mail everyone on the same day, but I suppose I could split it up so I don't have to do 10 every day? Also I feel like I put a lot of importance on doing it often, and maybe I don't need to be mailing letters to everyone so often. IDK. What do you do with letters?

I write a single letter to each of my villagers saying "Welcome to Laputa!" when the first come to my town, other than that I only will send them the furniture I want them to put in their house or clothing I want them to wear other than that I really don't send them letters. I don't think there is a need to constantly send them letters.

I barely ever write letters... the only reason I do it is to try to force an item on them or to slowly work toward the badge. Trying to punch out a message on the in-game keyboard sucks.

I have 2 characters and each person writes at least six letters per day. LOL. I'm fast at typing, so it only takes me a few minutes.

when I first got the game I wrote everyone letters, now I don't at all.
it's time consuming as I hate typing on the DS keyboard.
i'll probably start writing letters soon to get the badges though.

I started off writing letters pretty frequently (every second day). Now though, I'm lucky if I even think of it. I'm not a big fan of letter writing but should continue, if only to get the badges.

I don't really. I would but the DS keyboard is sooooo slow!

Pretty sure I write letters at least twice a week. I have stock characters for my town and I want to keep them in some contact with the villagers. Writing sometimes helps with this. I just write random things, but the best part is that I found just buttonmashing does it too. As long as the letter is longer than the first line they won't complain. I still rather make stuff up though, like "I hope you are doing well here's the shelf you just gave me, I'm sure you'll like it!" and stuff like that.

I don't like writing letters due to the small keyboard. Typing a 2-4 line message could take several minutes, no longer than this post more likely than not. Plus I just don't see what the point of it is...you don't really get anything for straining your dominant hand for 3 minutes. I will have to start writing letters soon though so I can make villagers wear the right shirts...they're all wearing designs right now.

Thank you all SO much for the replies. I think I will not send as many letters now, lol. I agree with many of you saying the keyboard is horrible. If I could type quickly like a phone I'd probably do it without complaints.

I did for a while, but mostly stopped after getting the badge. I started following the 'vaguely insulting' route after a while.
Here is an example:
Dear X
Did I smell you on the beach
the other day?
Your scent reminds me of an
ocean breeze, I can always
tell when you're approaching
Here's something for you.

I say things like "I think of you whenever I see a sea bass", and "this durian smells like you"

Because I did start out being nice, but ran out of ideas.

I did for a while, but mostly stopped after getting the badge. I started following the 'vaguely insulting' route after a while.
Here is an example:
Dear X
Did I smell you on the beach
the other day?
Your scent reminds me of an
ocean breeze, I can always
tell when you're approaching
Here's something for you.

I say things like "I think of you whenever I see a sea bass", and "this durian smells like you"

Because I did start out being nice, but ran out of ideas.
LOOOOOOOOOOL I like this. I may have to start doing this.

I don't think you need to do it often, if at all, really.

When I first started playing, I would get a little bit stressed about writing to everyone too...because I heard it helps you build friendship. Also at the beginning, they send you letters back, with items attached, and it's good for building up your catalog. But it's usually junk.

I would, however, talk to them all at least once every day...if not multiple times. They build friendship with you faster if you talk to them, and also they let you know important stuff, like who's thinking about leaving...unless you want to be surprised on a day by logging in and seeing your favorite is in boxes. :'c

One thing I hate more than anything is writing letters. I thought maybe some of you can relate or can tell me what kind of letter schedule you are on that makes it bearable. I usually mail everyone on the same day, but I suppose I could split it up so I don't have to do 10 every day? Also I feel like I put a lot of importance on doing it often, and maybe I don't need to be mailing letters to everyone so often. IDK. What do you do with letters?

My friend told me once that you could obtain a badge for sending letters, so i started sending letters with some random text in it, for example: gneiggis or maybe giigbeqnopg. After i eventually got my gold badge, none of my villagers ever saw a letter of me! MUHAHAHAHAHAH! No seriously, the only reason why i sended letters was the badge. xD

Back