• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

HS Class of 2016; How are you surviving this year?

Monster

Bells
Winter Mittens
In the past 3 years of high school, I have never worked so strenously. College applications, standardized testing, ap classes, leadership in clubs, volunteer... I don't know if I can make it for Christmas..

How is the class of 2016 doing? Anybody have advice with juggling all these activities to keep my sanity?

Also, while we're at it. What colleges are you applying to?

Last edited:
I'm still in denial. I'm probably going to stick with the two major universities in my province & one or two community colleges. I'm going to end up going to technical school anyways, so it really doesn't matter where I do my pre-reqs :x

Good luck this year to you & everyone else! I'm a senior as well, but I'm not too involved in school. I've only been in maybe 2 or 3 clubs and I don't really even go to them. I take a few AP classes but not enough to stress me out to the max, so I can't help there. I'm not too concerned with getting into the top of the top universities.
I'm applying to a few CSUs (one of which I'm actually planning to go to) and maybe one UC just to see if I'd actually be able to get into one.

Good luck to everyone this year!

I'm in my first year of A-Levels, which is college equivalent in the UK, and so far I'm really enjoying it.

But, I have a feeling I won't be loving it so much at the end of next year...

How am I surviving this year?
Oh, simple. I just give up my sanity to the devil.

Options year for me. I'm continuing to do well in science just so my teacher can say "Yeah, you can take triple science". I know it's not strictly the last HS year, but in Britain it's a fairly stressful year. I'm just joining a comic book club and talking to teachers who I get on with. A sensible, and interesting conversation with a teacher who shares interests with you are quite a marvellous thing.

Options year for me. I'm continuing to do well in science just so my teacher can say "Yeah, you can take triple science". I know it's not strictly the last HS year, but in Britain it's a fairly stressful year. I'm just joining a comic book club and talking to teachers who I get on with. A sensible, and interesting conversation with a teacher who shares interests with you are quite a marvellous thing.

I know the feeling. gcse or a level? But yeah, talking to a teacher who likes the same things is good. I miss my old form tutor. She was from Germany, and she liked anime and manga like me, but she left last year ;w;

Back