• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

how to make sick villagers better in less then 15 minutes and more

purple Satori

Bells
Arcade Tokens
When playing games I have a tenancy to do weird things, and I've learned some cool stuff (some better then others)

1) quick recovery for sick villagers- just start up as someone new (providing you don't already have 4 humans in your town), once you get off the train go to the sick villagers house. They will be inside however they won't be sick. Then talk to them once. After that play until you can save. I talk to them a second time after getting my town card just to safe. Then just save and quit and no more sick villager (you can delete the new player anytime as they are no longer needed)

However you will get nothing from the villager seeing as the game just forgets they were ever sick at all.

2) tired of Timmy or Tommy following you if so push Timmy, Tommy (or even Gracie) on top of the sold out sign that shows up when you buy an item and they will get stuck on top of the sold out sign and will not be able to follow you anymore however this only lasts until you leave though it can be fun (also works with items you can walk over like the bathmat)

3) your old villagers remember your birthday. If you visit a town that has a villager that used to live with you in your town on your birthday they will give you a present and say happy birthday.

I found this out because when I started my side town I had Penny move from my main town to become mayor.
On August 21st (Penny's birthday) I had her go to my main town to transfer Freya from Orchid to Petuna
and everyone I talked to gave me a present :blush:

4) If by chance a villager falls in a pitfall while you agree to play hide and seek and said villager is slected to play this happens.
3ds picture (4585).JPG

HAHAHA! That hide and seek one is hilarious! It's pretty cool that you figured these out though. These are useful.
Just wondering, as I've never had a sick villager before, how long does a sick villager stay sick? Is it a long time?

3 days if you give them medicine every day , longer if you don't give them any medicine.

Though if you're trying to cycle someone out of town the "[villager name here] is sick" line makes it harder to find out if someone is trying to leave seeing as both "villager is sick" and "villager is thinking about moving" count as rumors.

Wow, I've never seen these before. Does the Timmy and Tommy one work on the ground floor of the Emporium if you buy Lief's plant? That one with the pitfall is hilarious! Did you know he fell in a pitfall or not until you saw him stuck in the plaza?

I was messing with him, after seeing this I did not trust the guy
3ds picture (4551).JPG

I placed 5 pitfalls by his house and watch him fall in 4 of them, then talked to Snake and as the line that said he was going to get others to play hide and seek came up I heard the sound of someone falling in a pitfall.

Which reminded me if a villager is hiding behind a tree and you chop it down, they start to panic, it's kinda funny.
3ds picture (4237).JPG

edit: yes it works on the ground floor for both Leif or tommy, however the sign can only trap one of them, not both.

Last edited:
HAHA! The pitfall one! Also, didn't know the birthday one. I kind of want to try that! :)

that's very nice and interesting but I wouldn't do it because the tent will leave a big dirt spot and I wouldn't want that.

something similar happened to me aswell lol
HNI_0057.JPG
Lionel was in the middle of fishing and he was stuck like that.

These are all pretty interesting, a few of these I didn't know, and I've played around with all sorts of stuff with making new people etc.

Like, if you plant a load of trees and are concerned about dead spots you can put 2 human characters (2 because the 3rd is needed to check without saving before playng as Mayor) in your town the night before and if you don't like which trees/bushes die (also where weeds grow and which flowers wilt) you can go to home menu and then delete one of the human characters and it changes which ones die. ~ This doesn't happen if you just keep making new humans, you have to delete an existing one.

Downside to that is if you get a worse situation you can't go back.

Also, -and I don't know if this has been discovered/spread while I've had a break from AC- But you can guarantee no villagers move out after a long break by making a new human, finding who left and then TTing back to the last date you played (Use the 3DS activity log to find the date) and then load your mayor and tell them to stay - the will always [outside of holiday dates where no one pings] ping either 1st or 2nd that day. ~ though you may have to save and return to make them come outside, but I've only had that happen once out of well over 50 attempts on my cycle town. ~ this was how I cycled in the later days.
Though if you want to keep the villager it's wise to make a new human after TTing backwards to ensure you definitely got the date right.

Which reminded me if a villager is hiding behind a tree and you chop it down, they start to panic, it's kinda funny.
View attachment 83220

I've done this many-a-time. ;p Silligers.

something similar happened to me aswell lol
View attachment 83264
Lionel was in the middle of fishing and he was stuck like that.

xD Dance pose Lionel, like his namesake. :p

Back