• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How many people have you streetpassed?

I would have made a new thread, but the thing is, this is a question I would have never thought to ask.
I saw it, thought it was interesting and I posted in it.
Along with all of the other ones that were posted.
IN ANY CASE, I STOPPED BUMPING THE OLD THREADS LAST NIGHT.
I don't see how it can be "Oh, so annoying." Why? Why is it annoying?
Because they're old, they're not relevant, anymore?
That makes absolutely no sense.
MOST of the threads I bumped were good questions that I wanted to answer.
Nobody was posting anything last night. So, I went searching for questions that I found relevant that I had yet to answer.
There were questions people asked that I didn't know the answer to, and I was curious. There were a couple of funny ones.
Why does the date that the thread was posted in even matter? Just ignore them or post in them.
It's really not that big of a deal, in my honest opinion.

I would have made a new thread, but the thing is, this is a question I would have never thought to ask.
I saw it, thought it was interesting and I posted in it.
Along with all of the other ones that were posted.
IN ANY CASE, I STOPPED BUMPING THE OLD THREADS LAST NIGHT.
I don't see how it can be "Oh, so annoying." Why? Why is it annoying?
Because they're old, they're not relevant, anymore?
That makes absolutely no sense.
MOST of the threads I bumped were good questions that I wanted to answer.
Nobody was posting anything last night. So, I went searching for questions that I found relevant that I had yet to answer.
There were questions people asked that I didn't know the answer to, and I was curious. There were a couple of funny ones.
Why does the date that the thread was posted in even matter? Just ignore them or post in them.
It's really not that big of a deal, in my honest opinion.
One of the reasons I can think of is because of the quantity that you did this in, it's going to trigger a larger reaction.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I can think of is because of the quantity that you did this in, it's going to trigger a larger reaction.

Yes. I will admit that I did bump quite a few at one time, but I was bored. Nobody was posting anything, and I couldn't think of anything to post. So, that was the result.

Yes. I will admit that I did bump quite a few at one time, but I was bored. Nobody was posting anything, and I couldn't think of anything to post. So, that was the result.

Imagine being offline for months, and suddenly your email or notifications are spammed because somebody bumped an old thread. Rule of thumb, if its over 2 weeks old, make a new one.

Imagine being offline for months, and suddenly your email or notifications are spammed because somebody bumped an old thread. Rule of thumb, if its over 2 weeks old, make a new one.

Well, I mean, to be honest, that would bother me, because I don't check my e-mail, and I don't get notifications, when someone posts in a thread I created. Although, wouldn't me just recreating those threads I bumped, be spamming the forums?

Well, I mean, to be honest, that would bother me, because I don't check my e-mail, and I don't get notifications, when someone posts in a thread I created. Although, wouldn't me just recreating those threads I bumped, be spamming the forums?

no because the thread was so old. that's a different situation. you could have just made a mega question thread basically asking people to answer the following and list everything..i've seen it done before

I still don't understand why it's so annoying, to those who didn't create the thread.

Rule of thumb, if its over 2 weeks old, make a new one.

Just go by that and it's all good. The lifespan of a TBT user is not very long, so most of the people in those threads have been inactive for a VERY long time, anyway.

As it stands, there are only two threads that I bumped that are on the first page. One back from 2013, I didn't bump, but it's still being posted in.
Another issue, I have, is that I was messaged and informed that this (bumping old threads) was against the rules.
So, if someone could also point me to the rules, where it states that,
I would appreciate it ^_^

It is considered a post quality issue.
Rules

It is open-ended, depending on your opinion of what is "Relevant". Generally, the older the thread the less likely the OP is around, the less relevant it is. It is wise to begin a new thread in these situations.

Last edited:
It is considered a post quality issue.
Rules

It is open-ended, depending on your opinion of what is "Relevant". Generally, the older the thread the less likely the OP is around, the less relevant it is. It is wise to begin a new thread in these situations.

Most of the threads were/are relevant [Aside from Shari (I just thought that was funny)] and my posts were not one worded replies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why is the "Who's in Your Campsite" thread still going around?
That OP hasn't been online since August of 2013.
Or is it still because I bumped so many, at one time?

Most of the threads were/are relevant [Aside from Shari (I just thought that was funny)] and my posts were not one worded replies.
It still looks like you're spamming, in a way. Nobody really will think too much on the content of your post if it's a year old, what is obvious is that there was the intent of necro-ing, and there isn't much of a contribution due to old these threads are unless it's a wall of text.

Last edited:
"Who Is In Your Campsite?" and similar threads are kind of in their own little category. Each poster can add something new to them, where as in a general question thread, the answer has been stated time and time again. I don't know which threads you specifically bumped, but I am talking just in general.

It still looks like you're spamming, in a way. Nobody really will think too much on the content of your post if it's a year old, what is obvious is that there was the intent of necro-ing, and there isn't much of a contribution due to old these threads are unless it's a wall of text.

Obviously I didn't accidentally go post in a bunch of threads. I knew they were old. I still considered them relevant and interesting questions that I wanted to answer, and I posted decent responses on each one, for the most part. Other people obviously think so as well, or they wouldn't bother answering the original question, at hand. So, again, I don't see the problem, aside from bumping so many at one time.

Any threads from 2013, besides "Who's in Your Campsite", are the ones I bumped.

Obviously I didn't accidentally go post in a bunch of threads. I knew they were old. I still considered them relevant and interesting questions that I wanted to answer, and I posted decent responses on each one, for the most part. Other people obviously think so as well, or they wouldn't bother answering the original question, at hand. So, again, I don't see the problem, aside from bumping so many at one time.

Any threads from 2013, besides "Who's in Your Campsite", are the ones I bumped.

If you feel it is relevant, keep doing your thing then. But, as you can see, it will bother people. There is also the chance of getting an infraction from a mod due to decreased post quality, but I don't necessarily know when that becomes a threat in bumping old threads.

You can have whatever opinion you want; I agree with you in the sole fact that relevance is subjective. However, you have no one to blame but yourself should you get in trouble with the mods for this.

If you feel it is relevant, keep doing your thing then. But, as you can see, it will bother people. There is also the chance of getting an infraction from a mod due to decreased post quality, but I don't necessarily know when that becomes a threat in bumping old threads.

Okay. Well, thank you for your time ^_^

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can have whatever opinion you want; I agree with you in the sole fact that relevance is subjective. However, you have no one to blame but yourself should you get in trouble with the mods for this.

Lol. Obviously. Who else would I blame?

Back