• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How many hours in a row do you play?

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
I can't remember personally but i'm curious about how much hours do you play without stopping.

I mean...it's highly subjective on what the game is, how long I actually have to play, whether or not I've already played the game a lot, or am just starting out...etc. - If it's a brand new game or a game that I am really enjoying, then I can easily just keep going. I have probably played games for way too many hours in a sitting before (I'd say 6 would be an easy guess). But I mostly only play for about an hour at a time. In fact, it's been hard for me to really get into any games lately. I always find myself wanting to play games, but being unsure of what to play...and then finding it difficult to actually sit there and play. Just a weird mood I've been in lately.

If you mean one game at a time, then it’s at most around 3 hours. My attention span has gotten worse over the years thanks to my ADHD, so 4+ hour binges on one game rarely happen anymore. Nowadays I switch between short sessions of multiple games. It reduces the odds of burnout and losing my attention.

It’s highly dependent on the game, but I think the most in one sitting I’ve done is about four hours. I was binging a Pokémon game. I need to take breaks every once in a while, though.

Too many :censored: I remember when Stardew Valley first came out, I literally would play the moment I woke up until the moment I was too tired to keep playing.

Gooooood times.

it depends on the game. when i played destiny 2, i played it for a good while (up to like 5ish hours) in one sitting at half-terms/at the weekend for a few days in a row. maybe i was addicted oops

though now it's probably like 2-3 hours tops, but i've not played a game for that long in one sitting in a hot minute. (atleast i don't think so??)

Last edited:
Probably somewhere in excess of 24 hours... that was years ago during my MMORPG phase. I remember being so tired after having played so much though.

Generally 1-3, usually on the lower end most weekdays and on the upper end on weekends, although it's not unheard of for me to go into the 4-6 hour range too when I've got the time. (Although if we're counting quick five minute breaks as stopping, I'd say more like two, two and a half hours tops. Gotta hydrate and all that good stuff.) With a lot of games though, I don't like to rush through the story too quickly, so sometimes I stop myself just to make it last longer.

I... did play a game for 11-12 hours in one day before with just a few short breaks, but that was honestly kind of exhausting and I wouldn't recommend it LOL

It's naturally going to vary based on the game and the availability of time. Usually even if I have the time, I will attempt to schedule myself so as not to overdo it. But especially for RPG's that I've been dying to play for a long time, the moment I find time, I will binge it for almost twelve hours at a time. If I'm feeling particularly cheeky, order a pizza or two just for me.

Typically speaking, however, two to three hours--five at most--on my days off only, provided other obligations are met.

I've played around 3-5 hours before. I tire out on video games easily when I play by myself. In a group setting I usually outlive the group lol

It varies a lot depending on how much time I actually have to play games that day and if there's anything else going on. If it's a weekend and I don't have anything going on, like 5-6 hours at most on average. If it's a weekday, probably like 2-3 hours at most on average. That said, I have played games for basically an entire day, like 12+ hours with bathroom breaks sprinkled in here and there.

Nowadays, I only play for about an hour or less in any one sitting. I have less time and carpal tunnel takes a toll, so that's about all I can manage.

When I used to hang out at the arcade I would stay there for hours, but since we rotated after each loss I had breaks in between.

However, in my MMORPG playing days I could play for 6-8 hours straight (with bathroom and snack breaks) and I'm pretty sure I played for something like 12 hours at least once or twice.

for me, it depends on the game i’m playing, how much energy/time i have and how much i want to play. if i don’t have much energy/time or am just not 100% in the mood to play, i’ll maybe play whatever game for an hour or so. if i want to play and have the energy/time to do so, i tend to play for 2-4 hours.

Like most have mentioned, it also depends on the game for me. When I used to play a few games competitively (namely TF2,) there were days when I'd play for 7-ish hours straight. The same went for a few other co-op/MMO games.

Nowadays, if a game is gripping and I have some time to spare on a weeknight or weekend, I can easily pour 3-ish hours in before taking a lengthy break.

No more than 5 hours at a time (which I do take bathroom breaks). But I think more often than not I do 3 hour periods then I get up and do something else, then I come back later.

As others said depends on the game and how much time I have. I used to have a lot more time when I was younger. The most I used to play was 7hours when playing kingdom hearts and Zelda games. Now if I’m lucky I play 1-2 hours at the end of the day. On rare occasions I will play 3-4 hours on my day off.

I play around 3-4 hours a day. I take small breaks in between though because I get distracted.

Depends on the game. But usually, it's a few hours. Some games, however, I can play for around 8+ hours (if I have the time that day). That's usually for games like Pokemon or Kingdom Hearts.

Usually around 1-3 hours, but if I have plenty of time on my hands it can go up to 6-8 hours.

Of course, like others have said, it depends on the game. I'd say Zelda takes up the most amount of time (considering that the games are generally lengthly and the dungeons are pretty tough), with Animal Crossing and Miitopia following close behind. Other games like Mario Kart, Cooking Mama, or Tomodachi Life would only be around an hour.

not much anymore, it’s rare that i’ll play more than an hour a week. when i was younger i used to play new leaf non-stop for 6 hours lmao. new leaf and new horizons are the only games i play and i’ve gotten busier so i can’t play as much as i used to but i always make time for them at least one hour once a week.

Back