• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How confident are you in your appearance?

I think I'm really confident in my appearance. My upper body is very slim and I always felt awkward about it, but I just realised one day that everyone else looks really weird too (minus models and actors (who I couldn't care less about (unless they have amazing personalities))).

I sort of embraced myself and I'm currently in a super positive mind set where others would be angry or sad, I just am glad that I exist in this world of ours And I'm really appreciative of it.

One thing that's a nightmare for me is finding clothes... being almost 2m tall and slim for a guy is annoying since men's shirts tend to get wider as they do longer...

Lessons to be learnt in this is just think how lucky you are to be you, soldier on and be proud of your uniqueness.

I will add I get annoyed when I can't style my hair correctly... ^-^

Ehh, honestly I don't know how other people see me in terms of good-lookingness. It's not like I'm ever gonna get a girlfriend or anything, so I don't really care.

I'm not at all confident in my appearance. I'm androgyneous, I look like what would happen if you put a dude and a chick together and ended up with FRANKENCROW or something. I like my eyes though, my hair's pretty hella too, but the rest of it, no. Put a paper bag over my head so y'all don't gotta look at me.

I'm unfortunately very self conscious. I criticize everything about myself, and I always think that people talk about me behind my back.

Not confident at all to the point I have counselling for it, oh dear.
Soon it'll get better hopefully.

I'm not confident in myself one bit. My self esteem's terrible, I'm overweight because of likely having an eating disorder and I'm not attractive at all.

Ehh, I'm not that ugly, however I do think that I am chubby. I don't really care though, food makes me happy so I'll eat it whenever I want.

i can make myself look cute w/ makeup and nice clothes but im not just ""attractive no effort :)" and i never will be so im starting to come to terms with it

I'm pretty confident, at least I think so. I think hating one's self is silly if you refuse to put forth effort to better yourself as well as accept and love yourself, so I'm currently working on losing as much of my PCOS weight as I can and also taking better care of my skin.

As far as advice to others who don't quite feel confident or hate themselves, you have to live with your body for the rest of your life, so try to work to fix the things that you dislike that you know are fixable and try to accept the things you can't. I think we all have things that aren't exactly desirable about us, but so does basically everyone ever unless they are some godly being. What makes a person 'beautiful', in my opinion, is enjoying life and having fun, rather than if they do or not have some kind of feature.

Last edited:
I feel like i'm not drop dead attractive but I am better than average. If i worked out I would be very attractive. I have a nice face and small petite body which I love, and i have a fast metabolism so gotta be grateful for that ^^

I am really insecure about my body? I used to not care and I'm quite petite I guess but I wish I was shorter- I'm 166cm/5'5" and I kinda wish my feet were like a size or two smaller- I wear an EU 38/39 and I'd much rather wear a 37 .-.

Apart from that I'm quite small, but I have my insecurities. I'm not too confident about my face- I wish it was rounder and my eyelids were even.

Pretty confident! (Which is good because I go to school with models who've modeled with Gigi Hadid D: which isn't exactly good for one's self-esteem)

I'm very skinny, I want to put some more weight on and maybe start working out more too. But I think my image is okay, not fabulous or anything

I'm extremely insecure about my entire apperance but I'm definetly at a better place/mindset than what I was, at one point I wouldn't leave the house or look at any reflections, wearing makeup helped loads and I can actually make eye contact with people in convcation and take a selfie without instantly deleting it however I'm still not happy with myself but I probably never will be and I'm going to have to accept that this is the way I look
that was a lil ranty oops

i've recently put on some weight, which has tanked my confidence a little bit, but usually i'm perfectly fine with my looks. i'll never be a model, but that's alright. once i get back on track with my weight, i'll be back at 100% self-confidence.

I don't think other people would consider me good looking but I like the way I look. However I don't have the confidence to wear a bikini in public or anything like that :p

I am pretty confident in my appearance. I think I look better with make up on but I'm fine now with the way I look without it (this wasn't the case a few years ago). The only thing I have insecurities about is that I have a lotttt of white hair and people comment on it sometimes. I'm so salt and pepper. My dad's hair went completely white at age 30 which is only a few more years away for me. I guess I could just dye it, but I'm just trying not to give a **** about it really.

Last edited:
Very. I know I'm not conventionally attractive but that's not my goal in life. I take care of my appearance and I enjoy my fashion style and choices. Others might not, but I'm not at that age anymore where I look for strangers approval in my look, I'm just in my own head thinking about anything else, mostly my writing tbh.

Back