How are we all doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best friend passed away in April, and my life has kind of been a struggle to hold together ever since. I've been alienating myself from my friends, and been not so pleasant with my family. It's hard, moving on without him. He was my world, and while I don't want to go on a tangent about my pain or his loss, it really is rough going, losing someone you love, especially when they were so young. Lost potential is an ugly thing, and trust me when I say, I really do understand. I have seen so much death in my life, and it's really sobered me to what is important, while also helping me to cut free from the ties to it or the fears of what's next. At this point, I honestly don't care. I'm ready for my turn, so I guess now it's just one day at a time.

My best friend passed away in April, and my life has kind of been a struggle to hold together ever since. I've been alienating myself from my friends, and been not so pleasant with my family. It's hard, moving on without him. He was my world, and while I don't want to go on a tangent about my pain or his loss, it really is rough going, losing someone you love, especially when they were so young. Lost potential is an ugly thing, and trust me when I say, I really do understand. I have seen so much death in my life, and it's really sobered me to what is important, while also helping me to cut free from the ties to it or the fears of what's next. At this point, I honestly don't care. I'm ready for my turn, so I guess now it's just one day at a time.
i'm so sorry about your loss.
i can't possibly understand what you're going through, i understand what you are saying. but if you ever need anyone to talk to- though we do not know eachother- this thread is for that. i'm sure he's watching down on you. don't give up on too much, and take time to grieve as long as you need.

I'm doing fine. Being occupated inside for a very long time gives me a huge opportunity to do what I want! Is it bad that I don't want to go out yet? I'm still concerned for my health.

I feel like I can’t keep up with anything.

Especially now during the pandemic, it seems like everyone constantly expects me to check in or get back to them, and I’m finding myself completely overwhelmed. I feel like a bad daughter and friend—like I’m selfish and letting everybody down—but I just can’t keep regular correspondence up somehow. Even though I technically have the time, it costs me so much energy and effort to respond to people these days.

Considering all that is going on here in the U.S.A., I'm doing ok personally, but I truly feel for tons of people right now who do not have a job due to the pandemic and are on track of losing everything if things don't get better. :/ I feel even more for the people who were unable to get unemployment benefits and are in a dire situation now wondering what to do next.

When it comes to the protests, I support what they are about (in terms of making bad apples in the police accountable for their actions) and glad that people are exercising their Constitutional rights, but I do think the destruction of people's livelihoods and property is not right because it infringes on their rights and does not improve the situation overall. Additionally, the destruction being caused does not bring honor to the person whose death sparked these protests in the first place.

Right now, I'm taking some time off from work (my place of employment was deemed essential, so I've been working through all the CV-19 shutdown). We're just starting to open up again, so I've basically been holing up away from everyone.

Being home has helped, but I keep reminding myself of what one of my customers said when I burst into tears over some minor thing (the big things I can usually handle. It's the little things that end up breaking me) - sometimes you're only going to be okay, and it is absolutely okay to be okay.

My mom said she felt sick yesterday, so now I'm paranoid about it. If she's actually sick, I will get sick too. We we all get sick. This better not be the coronavirus. Oh, I should mention my parents are technically elderly. That's the real reason I'm so paranoid about the virus.
Before this, I was actually doing fine at home. Well, besides being unhappy with what's going on in the world. It sickens me to learn this was how my country was being run this whole time...

Is it bad that I don't want to go out yet? I'm still concerned for my health.
No, I've been like that too. Even though I really miss shopping at thrift stores, I'm not going to risk my health.

i'm pretty good honestly. just have one more thing left in school although it is a pretty big thing. then i just have work and animal crossing lol

Not great, going through alot since I'm dropping out of high school and not to mention my mental health isn't that great either with everything else going on in the world and also worrying about my future which sucks but I don't have any other choice.

I'm doing well overall. I live in a different country from my parents but we keep in close contact via whatsapp. As for my friends and colleagues, we just chat online and have 'virtual lunch' together every once in a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back