• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Have you seen villagers argue yet?

PrincessBetter

Wishful Crybaby
Bells
I haven't seen my villagers argue yet at all, and I've put in 129 hours at this point.. has anyone seen them argue? Or get depressed for something other than being hit with a net?

245 hours and still none, they all seem to be friends... but if anyone touches punchy, i’m throwing hands

wait i remember someone being sad early on, but i didn’t see who upset her and i looked around and there were no other villagers around lol

Last edited:
Actually, yes!

I had two villagers mad at Raymond within five minutes of each other, hahaha. I think they'll only get mad/sad/etc if they have a conversation with another villager and you don't eavesdrop. Everytime I talk to them while they're conversing, they just walk away after they're done talking.

I have, specially Merengue and Julian, as well as Merengue and Hornsby. Merengue and Hornsby are no longer on my island and so far no one else has fought.

I've only seen the fallout of an argument, Puck pissed off Marcie, and to this day I still wonder what he said since Marcie is the nicest gal around.

Reactions: Raz
A lot

The best of these situations was when Tex and Fang legit talked about trading punches and Fang said something like "you wouldn't be able to handle my fists"

Actually, yes!

I had two villagers mad at Raymond within five minutes of each other, hahaha. I think they'll only get mad/sad/etc if they have a conversation with another villager and you don't eavesdrop. Everytime I talk to them while they're conversing, they just walk away after they're done talking.

oh maybe that’s why i’ve never had an upset villager, i’ll try not to eavesdrop sometimes lol

I wish they would change emotions when you'd eavesdrop, at least a fraction of the time. It's kinda annoying to eavesdrop and see them frustrated at the other person or get really happy and then for them to be normal when the convo is over. I miss that aspect from other games.

Plus, if you don't eavesdrop, you have no idea why they get angry/sad/happy??? I wanna know : (

IMG_20200504_022631.jpg

IMG_20200504_022633.jpg

IMG_20200504_022635.jpg

IMG_20200504_022636.jpg

This went on for a while lol

I wish they would change emotions when you'd eavesdrop, at least a fraction of the time. It's kinda annoying to eavesdrop and see them frustrated at the other person or get really happy and then for them to be normal when the convo is over. I miss that aspect from other games.

Plus, if you don't eavesdrop, you have no idea why they get angry/sad/happy??? I wanna know : (
Sometimes they'll actually tell you why they're sad/angry if you keep talking to them. Sherb was angry at Raymond because Sherb was trying to talk about his dream, but then Raymond just started talking about his own dream and made Sherb forget about some kind of recipe or something for a sandwich he made in his dream. Raymond was walking around unbothered and that was probably the best part, haha.

But I entirely agree with you - I wish they would still get mad/sad/gleeful when you eavesdrop. ):

I saw Roald moping around so I talked to him and he mentioned how much of a jerk Cole is lol

Reactions: Raz
i mostly see them after theyre done arguing lol. i find judy easily gets upset hehe

Nope, I've seen them angry, but I don't talk to them because they might get angry at me.

Lol yes, the other day in my town Flora was really ticked off at Cranston but all she would tell me is that he "doesn't understand her at ALL" while she was crying & huffing and puffing around town.

Like, sorry Flora, I'm not gonna side against my sweet Cranston XD

Sometimes they'll actually tell you why they're sad/angry if you keep talking to them. Sherb was angry at Raymond because Sherb was trying to talk about his dream, but then Raymond just started talking about his own dream and made Sherb forget about some kind of recipe or something for a sandwich he made in his dream. Raymond was walking around unbothered and that was probably the best part, haha.

But I entirely agree with you - I wish they would still get mad/sad/gleeful when you eavesdrop. ):
oh dang maybe I should have tried to get the whole story from Flora lol

Yeah Erik got angry he had a dream about a sandwich that he wanted to recreate, but Lionel interrupted his thought process and then he forgot what was in the sandwich XD

Edit: Just realised this was mentioned previously too. It was one of my fave bits of dialogue though

idk about fighting but Fang gets sad a lot and talks about how none of the villagers really understand him and that he's often misunderstood :( Quite relatable so he's definitely gotten to be one of my favorites from those dialogues

I've seen them get angry a couple of times, I've never been quick enough to catch the conversation but I've seen them both walk off with the angry expression. Usually it wears off for one of them almost straight away and the other one stays angry for a while and will tell you who they're angry at

Back