• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever had the same dream more than once?

Yes or no. I feel like I have deja vu almost every time I sleep, like it's something familiar.

I personally don't think that I've ever had dreams or nightmares that were identical to each other. However, I have had various that contained similar themes. One of those common dream themes is where I find myself in a strange, unfamiliar place (like a store of some type) and I desperately have to urinate, but I just can't find any restrooms nearby! I usually always wake up immediately after I have this kind of dream, and what do you know, my bladder always happens to be full! So I just simply get up, take a leak, heave a sigh of relief and then go back to bed.

I've had multiple dreams of my dog, hamster, arguing with my family, and for some reason... tamagotchi (been bored of it for years yet I still keep dreaming about it??) I've also had weird, unusual dreams that I FELT I had (like a deja vu kinda feeling) then start to feel confused and panicky for some reason. It usual happens when I first fall asleep. Not sure why.

I think I have, but none in specific are really coming to mind. Occasionally I'll get a sense of deja vu that I've dreamed about something before, but I'm always unsure if I actually did or if I just... dreamed that I already dreamed it.
There's definitely some themes that reoccur—I haven't ever had flying dreams exactly, but I've had dreams about being able to jump really high, and those are pretty fun. Then there's the less fun recurring themes, like the ones where I'm suddenly back in school (typically via some weird mixup), or other anxiety-type dreams.

Not sure if it's dream deja vu or something but I have had many same dreams. It's a bit creepy how I could remember and not remember dreams. Also I don't know if it counts or not, but there are dreams that feel related in some way or another to other dreams

It's hard to say, I've had dreams where while I'm in the dream I think, "Oh I've dreamt this before" but that could be just part of the dream, you know?

I constantly have dreams where I think I've woken up, but it's just another dream. Those are so annoying

I definitely have. I don't remember what those were, but I did have a dream that continued over a week in I think 2 or 3 different sleeps. It was a really good dream, so I was happy about that.

When I was 3-4 I had a recurring dream where I was dancing on a skyscraper rooftop while wearing a tutu. I always slipped off and fell toward the ground. The first time it happened the ground was a white void, but the second time there were a bunch of news teams recording it.

I don‘t think I’ve ever dreamt the exact same thing twice, but it was the same setting, situation etc., like a continuation of what I dreamt before.

Not exactly, but I have recurring themes and similar plots. Sometimes my dreams reference old dreams almost like a continued universe. Or I just remember other dreams within the dream.

No, but I’ve had recurring themes and dreams that follow each other like episodes in a tv show.

Yes. Sometimes they will be the same except for a few things. May be due to learning a lesson or coping with emotions.

out of the 10% that i do remember there were a few that had similar plots, just a few details were flipped around

i used to have this recurring nightmare where there was this one dude who tried to kidnap me but i couldnt run away like i felt like i the more i ran, the more i slowed down.

For the span of about a year or two, I used to have recurring dreams about going to raves in aesthetic, liminal spaces. Those dreams were weirdly comforting to me. Prior to that, I had recurring dreams about walking the path from my childhood home to my elementary school. Those dreams were eerily realistic.

No, but I did have a dream a couple weeks ago that was kind of like a sequel to another dream.
On July 13, 2022, I had a dream that I was engaged to my co-star from a show I had done a couple months prior. Exactly a year later, on July 13, 2023, I had a dream about our wedding. Now, I never had feelings for this person, but we did play lovers in said show. We weren't in character in this dream, though, we were just ourselves, but in costume. One of the more weirder dreams I've had...

Many feel familiar, but I'm not that good at remembering them anymore.

There are very vivid dreams from like ten years ago that I remember well, but not recent ones.

Back